• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yikes! My Power Cooking Clinic....

In summary, Ann is hosting a Power Cooking Clinic tonight and has received RSVPs from 15 people. Two people have called today to say that they will not be able to attend and Ann is concerned that there may not be enough food. There are also gifts for rsvping by the 26th, for bringing a friend, for booking a summer show, and for signing to become a consultant (if they sign tonight, they get a $25 kit credit from me).
It was a great idea and I hope to try it again in the future. My husband HATES it when I have parties in our home and this just gave him more ammunition.

Thank you for this great thread! It is saving my life today.

My host tonight is doing the power cooking show...and our sense was maybe she'd have 5-8 guests. As of this morning, she has over 20 rsvps and five outside orders. Holy toledo...even if a third don't show, it will be a larger group than we planned for.

We're actually completing three recipes so folks can taste them. Definitely having to think thru the planning to keep it simple. Your outline is great.

Thanks for all the great tips. I am doing my Clinic on Thursday. I have 10 confirmed guests so am hoping they all show up.

Wow, how the heck did I miss this one! What an awesome idea and great thread Becky! Thank you soo much for sharing your ideas, success story and tips-suggestions! How fantastic for you! This sounds like something I should do this winter, instead of doing my usual host appreciation party!

heat123 said:
Wow, how the heck did I miss this one! What an awesome idea and great thread Becky! Thank you soo much for sharing your ideas, success story and tips-suggestions! How fantastic for you! This sounds like something I should do this winter, instead of doing my usual host appreciation party!

A follow up to this - 2 of my past hosts who were at my Power Cooking Clinic are now consultants! They came with me to my clusters Fall Kickoff, and there were some other consultants there asking questions about power cooking - and they were telling them all about mine and how great it was! THAT was the best! It was fun to hear about the show from their perspective as guests at the show. One of them is a teacher/guidance counselor, and she is signing specifically because she needs quick, economical meals, and wants to teach others how to do them too!

ChefBeckyD said:
A follow up to this - 2 of my past hosts who were at my Power Cooking Clinic are now consultants! They came with me to my clusters Fall Kickoff, and there were some other consultants there asking questions about power cooking - and they were telling them all about mine and how great it was! THAT was the best! It was fun to hear about the show from their perspective as guests at the show. One of them is a teacher/guidance counselor, and she is signing specifically because she needs quick, economical meals, and wants to teach others how to do them too!

That is awesome Becky! Congratulations! GREAT Success story!:D

awesome Becky! How big is your team now??

peichef said:
awesome Becky! How big is your team now??

2 active - but one is a recruit's recruit who has been reassigned to me.
2 inactive - but one is turning in a show sometime this month.:thumbup:
2 just signed

I'm getting so close!

I'm so glad to see this thread. I've been wanting to do the Power Cooking, but I was too chicken (no pun intended...). Thanks so much for the detailed info.

ChefBeckyD said:
2 active - but one is a recruit's recruit who has been reassigned to me.
2 inactive - but one is turning in a show sometime this month.:thumbup:
2 just signed

I'm getting so close!

Whoohooo, Go BECKY!:chef:

How does the recruit's recruit get "Reassigned to you", shoudln't that recruit go to your director???

heat123 said:
Whoohooo, Go BECKY!:chef:

How does the recruit's recruit get "Reassigned to you", shoudln't that recruit go to your director???

Nope! As long as I am active, and I have a recruit who recruits, but then goes inactive - the recruit's recruit becomes part of my first line. However, they don't count towards accepting directorship...although, once I become a director, they count as part of my active first line.:thumbup: So, I treat her like a personal recruit, because one day she will be.

ChefBeckyD said:
Nope! As long as I am active, and I have a recruit who recruits, but then goes inactive - the recruit's recruit becomes part of my first line. However, they don't count towards accepting directorship...although, once I become a director, they count as part of my active first line.:thumbup: So, I treat her like a personal recruit, because one day she will be.

WOW, I did NOT know that! That's awesome! GO BECKY! You can and will do it!:chef:

I'm soo nervous for my PCW tomorrow! :O I have 15-18 rsvp's. I have to review all of Becky's notes today and tomorrow! Wish me luck! I hope it's 1/2 as successful as yours! ;)

Bumping For Stacy!

And Heather - we want to hear how yours went today!

See my Thank you Becky Thread! :) Two thumbs up Becky!

ChefBeckyD said:
Bumping For Stacy!

Thanks so much! I can't wait to try this out.

Excited for the "extra" chicken recipes here and for Becky's attachment that Lori originally made. I make the Shepard's Pie from the Main Dishes cookbook frequently but didn't know I could make it ahead of time! I'm always leery of making and freezing a meal unless someone else has done it first!As I put on Heather's "thank You Becky" thread, the HO came out with new power cooking chicken recipes today! BUT they say to cut up the chicken using a knife. I'm going to try it w/ the Mix N Chop instead!!! (Yes, I am scared of my knives. That's why my first purchase ever was a Food Chopper and why I love the Finger Guard!) Fresh chicken tenders were on sale tonight for $1.87/lb, so I bought over 10 lbs to try the new Power Cooking Chicken recipes, the White Chicken Chili recipe and some old favorites...but now I might do the Chicken Burrito's instead!

be sure to let us know how this goes for you~I did use the Mix 'N Chop for the chicken tenderloins and had great success!

bumping - just because I think this is a great thread and I'm thinking about doing one of these in January. Maybe as a fundraiser for a local shelter.

ChefBeckyD said:
It is absolutely amazing! Works just as well on chicken as it does on ground meat! So, if you want chopped chicken for tacos, or burritos, or even just chicken salad, you can cook and chop all at the same time! It works best if the chicken is at least partially cooked though.

I know this thread is a little old, but I'm bringing it up because I've got some questions.

Becky, what size chicken do you make for the 30 min. chicken? Just wondering how much chicken you get out of the small ones compared to the larger ones to show people. Which do you think is better to show people at a power cooking show?

Also, are you referring here to chicken breasts or ground chicken?

This Saturday is my Power Cooking Workshop. I was thinking of having appetizers set up that they could eat while I show them the power cooking. But is it better to have it interactive? Or both--some eat while others help? Or save the appetizers to a food table that I put our finished recipe on and they just eat everything at once later?

Also, I liked how you incorporated the DCB into this, and so now I'm thinking instead of serving one of the 3 Power cooking recipes, to just do the chicken and give away all 3 of the recipes. Were people sad that they didn't get to taste the results of one of the power cooking recipes when you did yours?

babywings76 said:
I know this thread is a little old, but I'm bringing it up because I've got some questions.Becky, what size chicken do you make for the 30 min. chicken? Just wondering how much chicken you get out of the small ones compared to the larger ones to show people. Which do you think is better to show people at a power cooking show?Also, are you referring here to chicken breasts or ground chicken? This Saturday is my Power Cooking Workshop. I was thinking of having appetizers set up that they could eat while I show them the power cooking. But is it better to have it interactive? Or both--some eat while others help? Or save the appetizers to a food table that I put our finished recipe on and they just eat everything at once later? Also, I liked how you incorporated the DCB into this, and so now I'm thinking instead of serving one of the 3 Power cooking recipes, to just do the chicken and give away all 3 of the recipes. Were people sad that they didn't get to taste the results of one of the power cooking recipes when you did yours?
I always use a 4 lb. chicken - or as close to it as I can get.For the mix n chop, I am referring to boneless/skinless chicken breast.I made mine mostly interactive. I didn't really have stations - I just had people work along side me as we went through the 3 recipes. (small kitchen/dining area - no room for stations!)
I had other food there for them - this would be a perfect chance to show off the new seasonings and sauces! I didn't serve any food until after the demo - I did serve drinks though. I just don't have enough room at my house to have food out and be doing the demo at the same time, especially when there were 16 (if I remember correctly!) women there!
I don't think anyone was disappointed about not tasting the recipes - they were all excited about possibly being able to take the next nights dinner home with them! The drawing for the 3 dinners was a HUGE hit!

Oh that's so good to hear! Thanks so much for all your help. This really was a great thread to go to. :)

<h2>1. How many people are invited to the Power Cooking Clinic tonight?</h2><p>About 80 people have been invited to the Power Cooking Clinic, including past hosts, friends, and preferred customers.</p><h2>2. How were invitations sent out for the Power Cooking Clinic?</h2><p>The invitations were sent via email through the Pampered Chef website. The host also followed up with invitations made on VistaPrint.</p><h2>3. How many RSVPs have been received so far?</h2><p>As of now, 15 people have RSVP'd for the event.</p><h2>4. Have reminder calls been made for the event?</h2><p>Yes, some reminder calls have been made, but not to everyone on the guest list.</p><h2>5. What should be done about people who RSVP'd but are now unable to attend or bringing extra guests?</h2><p>If someone is unable to attend or bringing extra guests, it's important to reach out to them and confirm their RSVP. It may also be helpful to send a final reminder to all guests to confirm their attendance. Additionally, the host could prepare for potential last-minute changes by having extra supplies or food on hand.

1. How many people are invited to the Power Cooking Clinic tonight?

About 80 people have been invited to the Power Cooking Clinic, including past hosts, friends, and preferred customers.

2. How were invitations sent out for the Power Cooking Clinic?

The invitations were sent via email through the Pampered Chef website. The host also followed up with invitations made on VistaPrint.

3. How many RSVPs have been received so far?

As of now, 15 people have RSVP'd for the event.

4. Have reminder calls been made for the event?

Yes, some reminder calls have been made, but not to everyone on the guest list.

5. What should be done about people who RSVP'd but are now unable to attend or bringing extra guests?

If someone is unable to attend or bringing extra guests, it's important to reach out to them and confirm their RSVP. It may also be helpful to send a final reminder to all guests to confirm their attendance. Additionally, the host could prepare for potential last-minute changes by having extra supplies or food on hand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
SKwong
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookindiva63