• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yikes! My Power Cooking Clinic....

In summary, Ann is hosting a Power Cooking Clinic tonight and has received RSVPs from 15 people. Two people have called today to say that they will not be able to attend and Ann is concerned that there may not be enough food. There are also gifts for rsvping by the 26th, for bringing a friend, for booking a summer show, and for signing to become a consultant (if they sign tonight, they get a $25 kit credit from me).
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I'm hosting a Power Cooking Clinic tonight. I invited past hosts, and a few other friends and preferred customers. About 80 people in all. I sent email invitations by sending myself one from the website, and then forwarding it to my mailing list, and then followed up with invites that I made on VistaPrint.

So far, I have 15 rsvps. I made some reminder calls yesterday and today, although I didn't get to everyone.

HOWEVER!:eek: I have had 2 phone calls today from people who (and I quote) " RSVP'd last week by email" but one wanted to let me know she wasn't going to make it, and the other let me know she was bringing 2 friends with her.
I did not have email RSVP's from either of them - in fact, I haven't had any email rsvp's except in response to my reminder I sent out on Monday (not from my website). Obviously, there is something not working right with rsvps from the invitation I sent from my website, so now I'm wondering how many more RSVP's are floating around out there from people who assume I know they are coming, but I don't! I don't have time to re-make reminder phone calls now!:eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG!!! Becky I hope that those two were just a fluke.

rennea said:
OMG!!! Becky I hope that those two were just a fluke.

I would like to think that - but my hosts are all usually pretty good at rsvp'ing for events I have - and I didn't get much response this time....so it really makes me wonder (in a panicked sort of way!).

Maybe just call a few you know well that didn't RSVP and let them know that you were having a problem with the rsvps and were just checking to see if the did.

rennea said:
Maybe just call a few you know well that didn't RSVP and let them know that you were having a problem with the rsvps and were just checking to see if the did.

I think I may have to do that! *sigh" - add it to the list!

Let us know how it goes!I would attend if it weren't so darned much gas ... there is much I need to learn!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Let us know how it goes!

I would attend if it weren't so darned much gas ... there is much I need to learn!

We have a fold-out couch.....if you start right now, you might be able to make it by 7!:D

If they RSVP'd via your website, you would not get an email--you have to go check the guest list. Is that what is happening?Good luck and let us know what happens!

I thought that I heard if you forwarded the email on, it disconnects the link to RSVP. I maybe wrong but I remember hearing someone else having this issue before.

DebbieJ said:
If they RSVP'd via your website, you would not get an email--you have to go check the guest list. Is that what is happening?

Good luck and let us know what happens!

Yes - it's not showing up on the guest list that they rsvp'd.....

wadesgirl said:
I thought that I heard if you forwarded the email on, it disconnects the link to RSVP. I maybe wrong but I remember hearing someone else having this issue before.

That's what the sinking feeling in my stomach is telling me too.

well, that's a better problem than not having anyone to show up! LOL

Be sure to let us know how it goes:)

Just got another phone call from someone who "rsvp'd by email last week".....so, I guess it's official.

Hope I've planned for enough food and prizes! There are gifts for rsvp'ing by the 26th, for bringing a friend, for booking a summer show, and for signing to become a consultant (if they sign tonight, they get a $25 kit credit from me).

I'm doing Greek Cheese Torta, Apple-Berry Salsa, and Spa Water....and I'm on my way downstairs to the freezer to see if I have Cool Whip to do a quick cool and creamy choc. fondue. I bought a 2 lb thing of strawberries, so at least I have enough for dipping too.

What else are you doing at your clinic? R U teaching them to make the recipes?

I like the idea of a clinic - but dont know what to do at it!

Becky- want me to hop in my car and come help? If I leave now, I might be there by 7. And I can bring some door prizes, etc.

Have to run, but wanted to say "Good Luck" Becky - I'm sure it will all work out and you'll do GRRRREAT! (I feel like Tony the Tiger there for a second...)

Ann, you are just too sweet!

Good luck, Becky. It will all go just fine. Can't wait to hear the results!

chefann said:
Becky- want me to hop in my car and come help? If I leave now, I might be there by 7. And I can bring some door prizes, etc.

I sure could use the moral support!

I don't get off work until 6 at the earliest!

stefani2 said:
What else are you doing at your clinic? R U teaching them to make the recipes?

I like the idea of a clinic - but dont know what to do at it!

I'm going to talk for a few minutes about power cooking, and how it can help you save time and money.

Then, I'll start with the DCB and the 30 Minute Chicken.....put that in the Microwave,

Then, we are going to make together the Hoagies, the Tacos, and the Stroganoff - with chicken in place of beef.

I'll do a drawing for each of these - 3 people will get to take one home.

I'm handing out Power Cooking Recipes, and the Freezing tips page....plus a couple other recipe cards.

It's really just the Power Cooking Show on steroids a bit....

Seriously- do you want a hand? I can tell DH to heat up his own sausage (OK- that came out far dirtier than I meant it) and I'll hop in the car.

chefann said:
Seriously- do you want a hand? I can tell DH to heat up his own sausage (OK- that came out far dirtier than I meant it) and I'll hop in the car.

You are crazy Girlfriend! I'd love for you to come....but do you really think you could be here in time? It starts in just a little over 2 hours......

Prob'ly not. :( But you shoulda called me earlier today! I would have packed up some stuff and come. I've got things that could be used as prizes. And I could have grabbed groceries for you, too_Oh- and I just remembered that one of my recruits is coming over today to pick up a pack of catalogs. Although Dan can handle handing over a pack of catalogs. :rolleyes:

I could be there by Friday.

I'd love to hear more about this, maybe see your outline. Sounds interesting.

oops, posted too fast. I see your info above.

chefann said:

That is because we have dragged you to the dark side of "potty thinking". :D :D

And I too would love to see how you did this! Great job!

I am so totally stealing this idea! After a strong Jan-March my spring/summer is tanking! Great idea Becky. This is a great way to have an Open House without the usual stuff!

I can't wait to hear how it goes. I hope it goes well! I did a Power Cooking "workshop" back in February and I truly think that offering a workshop or clinic spin to it makes it more appealing to people because they know they'll learn something. I always make mine mystery host shows. I've also done a stoneware workshop and a cookware/cutlery workshop. I'm assuming we'll have another stoneware sale month this year and that's when I'll probably do another one. I did the cookware/cutlery one when forged cutlery was the special...was it in August?

For my Power Cooking workshop, not that many people could come. But when a neighbor (mostly neighbors/friends seem to come to my shows!) had another Power Cooking show a couple months later, she had a lot more people come and I think many of them came because they couldn't make it to mine and loved the Power Cooking idea.

ChefBeckyD said:
You are crazy Girlfriend! I'd love for you to come....but do you really think you could be here in time? It starts in just a little over 2 hours......

I hear the Cheffer mobile burns rubber!

So Becky, how did it go??? I wanted to post yesterday when I read through the thread but I had no time at all! I hope it went well. BTW, I made your "killer potato salad" all I can say is THANK YOU!!! :thumbup: That was so yummy and will be my potato salad recipe that I make from now on. You're awesome :)

Update!Wow! What a fun, crazy evening.....
First, the Stats:

I had 15 women here, a couple surprise guests, but also a couple who rsvp'd and didn't show up (I follow up with them later today)

Show is at just over $600 in sales - but 4 guests are calling/stopping by with their orders today.

4 bookings (one was a new recruit who got so excited talking about her agreement that we forgot to book her starter show!) 3 of those bookings are with people who have never hosted a show before! My neighbor, who has bought PC from me for 5 1/2 years, said YES to hosting for the first time! (She has been asked several times a year - every time she orders! - for 5 years, and finally said yes! So, don't assume, and don't stop asking!)

2 Recruits! Or at least hot leads - one took the agreement with her - and I knew she was going to sign, but the other one I just realized this morning! When she checked out, her first words were "I want to have a show, but I don't know enough people" so I started coaching her on how to find people to invite, and got a July date set up....and completely forgot to ask her about the opportunity - and then, when I was reading through guest care cards this morning, I saw that she had circled a "10" for interest about starting her own business! She is someone who already owns her own Window Covering Business, so she knows what it takes to make a home business work ~ I am pumped about this!

So - now - the show itself!
As the show was starting, I turned the gas on under the partially frozen chicken tenderloins in the 12" skillet.

Then, I started by showing them the 30 Minute Chicken. Surprisingly, only about half of them had been to, or hosted a show where this was demoed! And the ones who had the DCB really sold it for me - giving more tips on how they use it! I sold 3 of them last night, and have 2 more people who held off on booking until stoneware goes on sale again. (Show Savvy past hosts....) I talked about how simple and inexpensive it is to make a great sit-down meal for your family when you have the DCB, and that it can pay for itself in just 2 meals, as opposed to eating out.

Then, after we popped the chicken in the microwave, I had a couple people chop onions and press garlic, and we added it to the chicken. Then - you should have seen then line of people waiting to use the Mix n Chop on the chicken! It was so funny! (sold 8 of them) While they were chopping up the chicken, I had a couple people who have the 12" skillet talk about their love affair with their cookware!:D (2 out of 4 bookings were to get cookware at half price!)

We then made the 3 Power Cooking Recipes, starting with the Hoagies - and had a couple people use Forged Cutlery(sold 3 Utility knives) to slice peppers, and passed around the Italian Seasoning, and had someone measure in the other ingredients, and stir it all up. Bagged it, and talked about how to squeeze out the air (the demo video on CC is great for this!) and smooth it out flat.

Then we did the Stroganoff - people sliced some mushrooms, used the can opener, and added the spices and stirred it all together. Bagged it for the freezer.

Then the Tacos - used the jar opener, and the can opener, and instead of taco seasoning, we used Southwestern Seasoning, and Chipotle Rub. Got that ready for the freezer.

Took out the Chicken from the micro, and showed everyone, then put the lid on and let it sit - while it was resting, I passed out Recipe Brochures with the recipes, and let them know that while it said Ground Beef, they could all be done with ground turkey or chicken breast - which gives even more variations. We talked about how much we spend on eating out (one lady said that she buys 2-3 rotisserie chickens every week!) and how much we can save by cooking at home, and how simple these recipes make it to stock your freezer with healthy, home cooked meals!

I went over briefly host specials for July & August. Talked briefly about the PC opportunity, passed out catalogs, order forms, and guest care cards. Had them fill those out, and then did drawings for the meals, plus a couple other gifts that I had -

Let them eat, and look through catalogs, and then place their orders. I was completely done with the show at 8:30 - but everyone was chatting and eating, and so it was actually 9:30 before the last guest left.

It was a fun fun evening!

WOW!!! What an update :) . I knew it would turn out great. Thank you for taking the time to post all of this. It really encourages me to do this when I have the exact way that you did yours so successfully! What a blessing you are to this site. I'm sure all the other cheffers agree :thumbup:

chefruthie said:
WOW!!! What an update :) . I knew it would turn out great. Thank you for taking the time to post all of this. It really encourages me to do this when I have the exact way that you did yours so successfully! What a blessing you are to this site. I'm sure all the other cheffers agree :thumbup:
:blushing: Thanks Ruthie! You could do it 10X better, I think. (and I wish you were in my wave - we didn't get any time together at Regionals!)

I'm glad you liked the Potato Salad. I know it's a little more work than the normal potato salad, but soooo worth it! DH, who isn't a big potato eater, absolutely loves this salad - and the biggest compliment of all was when my MIL asked me for the recipe!

Oh - I forgot to post - this was the recipe brochure I used - thanks to ChefLoriG for posting it!

Attachments

• powercooking recipe brochure.doc
    104.5 KB · Views: 522
ChefBeckyD said:
:blushing: Thanks Ruthie! You could do it 10X better, I think. (and I wish you were in my wave - we didn't get any time together at Regionals!)

Thanks Becky but I highly doubt that! I too wish we were in the same wave, maybe next year! I am going to do a Power Cooking Clinic in June or July. You have inspired me so much. I may be calling you to pick your brain on some things if you don't mind. I can't wait to hear the final outcome. When are you going to promote?

chefruthie said:
ChefBeckyD said:

Thanks Becky but I highly doubt that! I too wish we were in the same wave, maybe next year! I am going to do a Power Cooking Clinic in June or July. You have inspired me so much. I may be calling you to pick your brain on some things if you don't mind. I can't wait to hear the final outcome. When are you going to promote?

Call anytime! Do you need me to pm my phone # or do you have it?

I was really shooting to promote by June 30th, but it looks like the timing is going to be a little off....I have everything in place, but 2 people aren't signing until their shows in June.....so it may be July or August before I promote. It will happen though!

Becky,

Thanks for the update. What an awesome show/clinic! Congratulations!

Wow, what awesome results! You have definately inspired me too; I'm doing this in June! For the recipes that they won; did you just give them the mixture you made, or did you give them the extra ingredients needed to complete the recipes?

I was just thinking of you yesterday & wondering how close you are to promoting....you're going to be an awesome director!

Great job Becky!!!

WOW!!! AMAZING job chefbecky! VERY inspiring!!! :love:

ChefBeckyD said:
Call anytime! Do you need me to pm my phone # or do you have it?I was really shooting to promote by June 30th, but it looks like the timing is going to be a little off....I have everything in place, but 2 people aren't signing until their shows in June.....so it may be July or August before I promote. It will happen though!
Yeah Becky!Can I say I TOLD you so????I TOLD you this year!!!!

Last edited:
lacychef said:
Wow, what awesome results! You have definately inspired me too; I'm doing this in June! For the recipes that they won; did you just give them the mixture you made, or did you give them the extra ingredients needed to complete the recipes?

I was just thinking of you yesterday & wondering how close you are to promoting....you're going to be an awesome director!

Thanks Lacy!

I didn't give them all of the ingredients. Just the bread/starch that went with it - so for the hoagies, I gave the rolls; the tacos, I gave the shells; and the stroganoff, I gave the noodles.

janetupnorth said:
Yeah Becky!

Can I say I TOLD you so????

I TOLD you this year!!!!

Yeah, Yeah, I know!:p :D

Becky, I scheduled mine for June 22!! Thank you for sharing! I may send you a PM or two to pick your brain. I hope you don't mind.

I already have questions. Tenderloin in the skillet? Did you say anything special about the high dollar products that were purchased or stick to the "company lines"?

OH, & I forgot to say...wow, I had not thought of using the mix&chop for chicken in the skillet! Does it work great? That is a great tip!

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah, Yeah, I know!:p :D

I would LOVE to see you walk by conference so we can celebrate by banquet, but all in due time! ;)

Chef Kearns said:
Becky, I scheduled mine for June 22!! Thank you for sharing! I may send you a PM or two to pick your brain. I hope you don't mind.

I already have questions. Tenderloin in the skillet? Did you say anything special about the high dollar products that were purchased or stick to the "company lines"?

Yea for you Sandra! You will do great!

I used Frozen chicken tenderloins because they were on sale this week buy one get one free. Then I can point out that when you power cook, you can save money by using whatever is on sale! This week the chicken was cheaper than the ground sirloin.:thumbup:

I LOVE:love: LOVE:love: LOVE the DCB, the 12" skillet, and the Forged Cutlery, so it's easy for me to talk about.

Last night, because it was a lot of past hosts, I let them sell the stuff for me!
While we were cooking the chicken, I would call out guests and say "Now, Karen, I know you have the 12" skillet...do you absolutely love it?" (I know she does) and then I ask her questions about how she uses it, and how she cleans it....
While we were using the Forged Cutlery, I said "Now Theresa, I know you have this knife - do you absolutely love it?"......
Same for the DCB....

I'm really bad at using other peoples words, so I rarely use the "company lines" - I just honestly tell them what I love about it, and I use it in my kitchen. I do use some factoids about the products too - like that it's German Forged Steel, so that gives it a thinner, sharper edge, and that the cookware w/ the titanium lining is 3X stronger than SS....that type of thing.

lacychef said:
OH, & I forgot to say...wow, I had not thought of using the mix&chop for chicken in the skillet! Does it work great? That is a great tip!

It is absolutely amazing! Works just as well on chicken as it does on ground meat! So, if you want chopped chicken for tacos, or burritos, or even just chicken salad, you can cook and chop all at the same time! It works best if the chicken is at least partially cooked though.

Hey Becky, I just PM'd you.

<h2>1. How many people are invited to the Power Cooking Clinic tonight?</h2><p>About 80 people have been invited to the Power Cooking Clinic, including past hosts, friends, and preferred customers.</p><h2>2. How were invitations sent out for the Power Cooking Clinic?</h2><p>The invitations were sent via email through the Pampered Chef website. The host also followed up with invitations made on VistaPrint.</p><h2>3. How many RSVPs have been received so far?</h2><p>As of now, 15 people have RSVP'd for the event.</p><h2>4. Have reminder calls been made for the event?</h2><p>Yes, some reminder calls have been made, but not to everyone on the guest list.</p><h2>5. What should be done about people who RSVP'd but are now unable to attend or bringing extra guests?</h2><p>If someone is unable to attend or bringing extra guests, it's important to reach out to them and confirm their RSVP. It may also be helpful to send a final reminder to all guests to confirm their attendance. Additionally, the host could prepare for potential last-minute changes by having extra supplies or food on hand.

1. How many people are invited to the Power Cooking Clinic tonight?

About 80 people have been invited to the Power Cooking Clinic, including past hosts, friends, and preferred customers.

2. How were invitations sent out for the Power Cooking Clinic?

The invitations were sent via email through the Pampered Chef website. The host also followed up with invitations made on VistaPrint.

3. How many RSVPs have been received so far?

As of now, 15 people have RSVP'd for the event.

4. Have reminder calls been made for the event?

Yes, some reminder calls have been made, but not to everyone on the guest list.

5. What should be done about people who RSVP'd but are now unable to attend or bringing extra guests?

If someone is unable to attend or bringing extra guests, it's important to reach out to them and confirm their RSVP. It may also be helpful to send a final reminder to all guests to confirm their attendance. Additionally, the host could prepare for potential last-minute changes by having extra supplies or food on hand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
SKwong
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookindiva63