• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hotel or Dorm Room Gourmet - Suggestions Please!

In summary, there are many ways to make gourmet meals in a small space such as using a portable induction cooktop, a multi-cooker, microwave-safe cookware, and a mini-fridge. Some easy gourmet meal ideas include cooking pasta, making omelets, and assembling sandwiches. To save space, you can use collapsible cooking tools and plan meals in advance. It is possible to cook for a group by using a large electric griddle, slow cooker, or toaster oven. Essential kitchen tools to bring include a sharp knife, measuring tools, and basic seasonings.
koima
My aunt is a frequent business traveler and asked me for some recipes she can prepare in her hotel room. She frequently has access to a mini fridge and microwave, or at least a microwave in a lobby, but she's sick of microwaved dinners and take out. She wants ideas of healthy things she can prepare fresh so she's not gaining weight on the road.

I'm looking for recipe ideas and also product ideas. I'm going to make her a "travel kitchen kit" with products that are good on the road. So far, I've got a rice cooker and hot pad/trivet in mind.

I've got the rice cooker booklet from this site, which includes lentils and rice, spaghetti, and other ideas that would work well. I've been testing out recipes that seem like they'd translate to one pot microwave cooking and have made:

Coconut curried tofu and noodles (I don't make meat, but you could do chicken)
Lentils with rice
Spanish rice with beans (easy and yummm!)
Spaghetti with marinara

What would you suggest? I'll put together a "Hotel (or Dorm) Room Gourmet, the Pampered Chef way" booklet and post it here with the recipes, products, and ideas.

can opener
quick cut knife
bar board\
micro cooker

The RCP might be too large for hotel microwaves, i'd throw in the small microcooker too.

1. How can I make gourmet meals in a small hotel or dorm room?

There are many ways to make gourmet meals in a small space. One option is to use a portable induction cooktop, which is safe and efficient. Another option is to invest in a multi-cooker, which can function as a slow cooker, pressure cooker, and more. You can also use microwave-safe cookware and a mini-fridge to store ingredients.

2. What are some easy gourmet meal ideas for a hotel or dorm room?

Some easy gourmet meal ideas include cooking pasta and adding pre-made pesto or marinara sauce, making omelets with various fillings, or assembling sandwiches with high-quality deli meats and cheeses. You can also make a simple charcuterie board with meats, cheeses, and crackers.

3. How can I save space in my hotel or dorm room while cooking?

To save space, you can use collapsible cooking tools and stackable cookware. You can also use a cutting board that fits over your sink to save counter space. Another tip is to plan your meals in advance and only bring the necessary ingredients to avoid clutter.

4. Can I cook for a group in a hotel or dorm room?

Yes, you can cook for a group in a hotel or dorm room. One option is to use a large electric griddle to cook pancakes, bacon, and eggs all at once. You can also make a large pot of soup or chili in a slow cooker. Another idea is to have a make-your-own pizza night using a toaster oven.

5. What are some essential kitchen tools to bring for cooking in a hotel or dorm room?

Some essential kitchen tools to bring include a sharp knife, cutting board, can opener, measuring cups and spoons, and a mixing bowl. You may also want to bring a vegetable peeler, tongs, and a spatula. Don't forget to pack some basic seasonings and condiments as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • chefmoseley