• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Earn the Washington Trip: A Family Business!

In summary, Carolyn's son is 3 years old and he is taking partial ownership of earning a trip to Washington by being supportive, polite, and helping out around the house. He is also keeping track of their progress towards earning the trip by making a thermometer goal chart.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
My sweet son who is almost 9 asked me tonight "What do you have to do to get the Washington trip?" So I explained the point system to him. Then he asked "What can I do to help us earn it?" and I told him just by being supportive he is helping, by being quiet when Mommy is on the phone, by using proper manners when he answers the phone, by helping me sticker my catalogs, etc...then he wanted to know how he can keep track of how close "we" are to earning it...so I made one of those thermometer goal charts and filled it in up to where we currently are ...and I've gotta say, it's quite encouraging. And I LOVE that my son is kinda taking partial ownership of it and wanting do his part to earn the trip...this is SUCH a family business! I love PC!!

That's sweet:)

how many pts is the washington trip?

Carolyn that is so cool. My son is 3 and just wants to know when his next sand trip is. He doesn't understand yet that mommies PC $$ pays for that.

I know that you will make that w/ time to spare and have an extra night because you are awesome (TPC)!:balloon:

That is sweet.

You've done a good job, Mom!:angel:

The nice thing is that he will see and learn so much there.

Enjoy and journal those moments.:)

That is so awesome! It is cool to hear someone actually living one of those stories. We will cheer you on as you earn it!

How cute is that! My DD loves to help me stamp or sticker catalogs (she's 5). And once she asked "mom can I do TPC when I grow up and go to parties with you" :)

What a sweet little helper you have, Carolyn.

jsnow said:
how many pts is the washington trip?

It depends on your level. For a Director it is 74,000 points and 4 recruits.

dannyzmom said:
It depends on your level. For a Director it is 74,000 points and 4 recruits.
That is awesome and so cute!! How many points are you up to?

That's awesome:balloon:
My dd keeps asking me if I've earned the cruise....one of her friend's went on one this year with his family, so she thinks she needs to go on one too. At least it keeps you in check when someone asks you about it!:thumbup:

Man is he going to be disappointed when you leave him at home when you go to London.

Oh I'm sorry. :eek: Did I say that out loud?! :D

We've got an angel icon. . .I need one with devil horns.

And now you know why I don't have children. BTW Carolyn, that is REALLY cool.

chefkristin said:
That is awesome and so cute!! How many points are you up to?

I am around 58,000 right now.

chefjeanine said:
Man is he going to be disappointed when you leave him at home when you go to London.

Oh I'm sorry. :eek: Did I say that out loud?! :D

We've got an angel icon. . .I need one with devil horns.

And now you know why I don't have children. BTW Carolyn, that is REALLY cool.

LOL bad bad bad.
He was looking at all the incentive stuff this morning with me and saw that London for two was an option. You should have seen his little face glowing when I said I'd rather go to Washington WITH him than go to London WITHOUT him.

dannyzmom said:
LOL bad bad bad.
He was looking at all the incentive stuff this morning with me and saw that London for two was an option. You should have seen his little face glowing when I said I'd rather go to Washington WITH him than go to London WITHOUT him.
AWE! Your such a great mom!!!!

This is why I think a family vacation should always be an option. In my 9 years I have earned a trip every year but only went on 3 Disney twice and Colorado because this is a family business and I vacation with my family so the others I take a gift certificate for much less than the trip cost and do something else for our vacation. My 2 cents. My kids would hate me leaving them more for shows if they new I was working hard to get a trip to leave them home.

dannyzmom said:
LOL bad bad bad.

Awwwwww.....:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: you made me cry!

Too cute! Don't you just love it when they make your heart melt?

So...I have always said about this business "I am my own boss."
Well, that has all officially changed since Mr. Man wrapped his little nine-year-old mind around the Washington DC trip and the points involved to get us there. While I was on the Director's conference call this afternoon, he was REALLY quiet and REALLY good - helping his little brother with things so that they didn't need to disturb me. Anytime his brother got a little loud, my older one would say to the younger one (while pointing at our thermometer chart) "Shhhh...she's working on getting vacation points for us."
So, I hang up from the phone call and he runs in, magic marker poised ready to color in part of the chart and says "How may points did that call earn us??" LOL I then had to explain to him the whole "what earns points" thing -- and how a conference call helps me learn how to earn points faster and how to coach my team to qualify (thus earning 2000 points)...blah blah. So, he latched onto that "2000 points when someone qualifies" concept...then he insisted on seeing the list of gals not yet qualified...and he decided "we" need to get them qualified ASAP. "Maybe I could talk to them Mom? I could help them understand how important this is. I could tell 'em how to sell more stuff and have more shows and do it like you do..."
Then, tonight while at my show, he called me to say goodnight (my kids always call me to say goodnight when we're apart) and at the end of the conversation he says "So, how many points did you earn us tonight?"
LOL
So...there's a new boss in town. He's only 4 feet tall and he's a slavedriver...but I'm madly in love with him :love:

Awwwwwww. Amazing when you think back isn't it. When you think back before PC and now. These kids and families makes these businesses just AMAZING. THese busineses make these kids amazing. That is awesome Carolyn...just awesome. You and your family are inspiring!! TRULY

You only get to raise your kids once. It sounds like you're doing a great job.

Dr. Phil says parents don't raise children, they raise adults and that's true.

Keep up the great work.

Reading Doris's book was an eye opener & we are fortunate to have such a role model as our company's founder.

PC provides a wonderful opportunity for more SAHM's.

I was fortunate to be able to be a SAHM when my girls were growing up.
I did a little PT work to get out of the house. I wish PC was there back then.
My DDs are older than Doris's.

Sounds like you need to get busy, Carolyn. Do you have a weekly quote to make? Will he make you stand in the corner if you don't make your numbers?

Last edited:
raebates said:
Sounds like you need to get busy, Carolyn. Do you have a weekly quote to make? Will he make you stand in the corner if you don't make your numbers?

Without qualifying any more recruits, I need about $3600 a month to hit DC. I have one gal who is now (as of last night) $71 away from qualifying...wait til DS figures THAT out, he's gonna be stealing my phone to call her! LOL I should have, in addition to her, 3-4 more girls qualifying in the next few weeks.

Good for you, Carolyn.

dannyzmom said:
Without qualifying any more recruits, I need about $3600 a month to hit DC. I have one gal who is now (as of last night) $71 away from qualifying...wait til DS figures THAT out, he's gonna be stealing my phone to call her! LOL I should have, in addition to her, 3-4 more girls qualifying in the next few weeks.

My lord when will you be advancing to higher than director, you must have a ton under you by now....LOL.
YOU RULE!!!

Jilleysue said:
My lord when will you be advancing to higher than director, you must have a ton under you by now....LOL.
YOU RULE!!!

LOL - As soon as the girls under me start recruiting! In order to advance to Advanced Director, I need two of my girls to promote to director. You volunteering? ;) <nudge nudge>

Carolyn that is so wonderful. My DD's are too little to understand it all. I bet this helps you keep going. It will be the best trip you've ever earned.

missydivine said:
Carolyn that is so wonderful. My DD's are too little to understand it all. I bet this helps you keep going. It will be the best trip you've ever earned.

When I started with PC they were too young to "get it" - but now they're totally into it :)

What is the "Earn the Washington Trip: A Family Business!" program?

The "Earn the Washington Trip: A Family Business!" program is a special incentive program offered by Pampered Chef for consultants and their families to earn a trip to Washington, D.C. for a fun and educational experience.

How can I qualify for the Washington Trip?

To qualify for the Washington Trip, you must be an active Pampered Chef consultant and meet certain sales and recruiting goals during the qualification period. These goals may vary each year, so be sure to check the current requirements.

What are the benefits of participating in the Washington Trip program?

The Washington Trip program offers many benefits, including the opportunity to earn a free trip for yourself and your family, the chance to explore Washington, D.C. and its landmarks, and the opportunity to network and bond with other Pampered Chef consultants and their families.

Can I bring my family on the Washington Trip?

Yes, the Washington Trip is designed as a family-friendly event, so you are encouraged to bring your spouse and children. However, please note that certain eligibility requirements may apply for family members to participate in certain activities.

How do I sign up for the Washington Trip program?

To participate in the Washington Trip program, simply track your sales and recruiting progress during the qualification period and submit your information to Pampered Chef. You can also contact your team leader or Pampered Chef consultant to get more information and assistance with the program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
Replies
Views
chrpangel