• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dry Your Leftover Fruit with The Ultimate Slice & Grate

In summary, The Ultimate Slice & Grate is a versatile kitchen tool that helps to dry leftover fruit evenly and quickly. It can be used with various types of fruits and also works well for drying vegetables. The drying time may vary, but on average it takes 4-6 hours for fruit to fully dry. It is easy to clean with the option of using a dishwasher or hand washing with warm soapy water. Additionally, it can also be used for grating cheese, slicing vegetables, and making homemade chips.
shiloh-1
when you have left over fruit after zesting or if you use some as a garnish-using the ultimate slice and grate, slice very thin and dry either with a dehydrator or in your oven, on the rectangle stone on a radiator works too.

Once they are dry put them in a bowl in the center of your table or in the bathroom as potporri

Apple season tipUse the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer to make apple potporri you can eat!
Simply do your apples with the APCS and dry your favorite way. Before drying, sprinkle slices with Korijte Cinnamon and sugar. Smells great as potporri and is a wonderful treat! Add a touch of freshly ground nutmeg using the small holed barrel of the Cheese Grater for a more intense taste and smell! Any of the flat stones in the oven at 180 to 200 degrees works well, about 12 to 24 hours. Test them for the "doneness" you want. They're great chewy or crispy as treats. They should be almost crispy for potporri. (They will get moldy if too damp.)

Last edited:
That's a great idea! I never thought of using leftover fruit as potpourri. It's a great way to add a natural and refreshing scent to a room. I'll have to try it next time I have some extra fruit on hand. Thanks for the tip!

1. How does The Ultimate Slice & Grate help to dry leftover fruit?

The Ultimate Slice & Grate is designed with a unique grating feature that allows air to circulate around the fruit, helping it to dry evenly and quickly.

2. Can I use The Ultimate Slice & Grate with any type of fruit?

Yes, The Ultimate Slice & Grate can be used with a variety of fruits such as apples, pears, peaches, and more. It is also great for drying vegetables like zucchini and carrots.

3. How long does it take to dry fruit using The Ultimate Slice & Grate?

The drying time will vary depending on the type of fruit and the thickness of the slices. However, on average, it takes about 4-6 hours for fruit to fully dry using The Ultimate Slice & Grate.

4. Is The Ultimate Slice & Grate easy to clean?

Yes, The Ultimate Slice & Grate is dishwasher safe, making it very easy to clean. You can also hand wash it with warm soapy water and a brush for any hard-to-reach areas.

5. Can I use The Ultimate Slice & Grate for other purposes besides drying fruit?

Yes, The Ultimate Slice & Grate can also be used for grating cheese, slicing vegetables, and even making homemade chips. It is a versatile tool that can be used in many different ways in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lizcooks4u
  • afokkema4u
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies