• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dreadful Delivery Disaster: A Customer's Nightmare

In summary, Kyle said that when she looked at the customer's file, she saw that the customer's old address was on file from when she was a host. Kyle also said that HO can reroute a package in transit back to them.
rennea
Gold Member
Ah what a nightmare, I had sent in an order for a customer and when I noticed on the tracking that it was being sent to the wrong city I contacted HO right away. I checked, then checked and checked again to make sure that I had the correct shipping address when I sent in the order. The response that I recieved was that I would have to contact UPS and have them change it.(thanks for the support guys!!) So I did and UPS said that they wouldn't change the address and that I would have to wait until package was "undeliverable". So now I just hope and pray that the driver just doesn't drop off the package and then somebody get some "free PC". This customer has moved from her old address, former host. I think that her "old" address is on file from her being a host I guess. She has moved 7 hours away from her old address just not down the street.:mad: :( :mad: :mad: :(

If it is not your mistake, then you should make home office correct it.But how would they put the old address on the shipping label if they didn't receive that address? Crazy.

Call and speak to a supervisor. HO can have it re-directed back to them. I have done this before when they have re-shipped something and then the first shipment was receive before the second one was. UPS will not redirect something for you b/c you are not the sender or receiver.

Also, do you know the local UPS telephone number? You can call that office on the day they receive the package and they can reroute it from there. I have tried to get UPS's home office to reroute before and they will not but when it is at the local facility I have gotten them to reroute to another address. I do not know if they did it b/c it was still a local address or not.

BUT I do KNOW from personal experience that HO can reroute a package in transit back to them. And then they could reship it out.

I agree that if it is not your fault to keep on until HO corrects their mistake. Always talk to a supervisor on things like this and it goes a lot smoother.

When you bring up the page that the tracking is on, check to see the date of delivery. I say that because sometimes they use tracking numbers that were used in months prior. Like I had a show get shipped to AL and had one guest getting direct shipping to another town in AL. When I looked at the tracking it showed getting delivered to Azusa, CA. But I looked at the delivery and it said it had been delivered in January. Then the next day it switched to the right address. So check the delivery date and if it shows something was delivered at a different time, then they probably are using the same tracking number and wait one day and try the tracking again.

rennea said:
Ah what a nightmare, I had sent in an order for a customer and when I noticed on the tracking that it was being sent to the wrong city I contacted HO right away. I checked, then checked and checked again to make sure that I had the correct shipping address when I sent in the order. The response that I recieved was that I would have to contact UPS and have them change it.(thanks for the support guys!!) So I did and UPS said that they wouldn't change the address and that I would have to wait until package was "undeliverable". So now I just hope and pray that the driver just doesn't drop off the package and then somebody get some "free PC". This customer has moved from her old address, former host. I think that her "old" address is on file from her being a host I guess. She has moved 7 hours away from her old address just not down the street.:mad: :( :mad: :mad: :(

:confused: Have UPS(???) call FedEx for a pick-up??? I don't understand why the item was shipped UPS in the first place???

She is in Canada - they have UPS.

Call HO and speak to a supervisor - they should be able to catch and reroute it at the hub it is nearest!

If you submitted the correct address on PP or P3, HO should assist you a little better in getting it to the customer!

janetupnorth said:
If you submitted the correct address on PP or P3, HO should assist you a little better in getting it to the customer!

I think so two, "Kyle" said it is because when I pulled up her file in my contacts I balance the order then changed her info and shipping info:confused: I don't know what the heck he's talking about cause it was sent with the "right" shipping information on the order on my end but anyways I think that I'm going to have to call HO again and ask to speak to a super on this. Silly but a big fat pain in the butt. And just the fact that after 2 emails I got the "oh well who cares, you deal with it"!!

And yes I'm still getting my orders from UPS here.

I had the same thing happen to me - a host decided that she wanted the stuff to come to my house instead of hers, so I went in and changed the addy to mine after I had balanced it. I noticed on the tracking that it went to her house. I called UPS and knew that they wouldn't reroute it, but I told them NOT to leave it unless they got a signature and at least they did that. Thankfully the host wasn't too upset.

Marg said:
I had the same thing happen to me - a host decided that she wanted the stuff to come to my house instead of hers, so I went in and changed the addy to mine after I had balanced it. I noticed on the tracking that it went to her house. I called UPS and knew that they wouldn't reroute it, but I told them NOT to leave it unless they got a signature and at least they did that. Thankfully the host wasn't too upset.

Oh ok at least I'm not the only one:eek: I have called UPS but as said above they won't reroute until it's undeliverable. I'm hoping the driver just doesn't leave it.

This reminded me to check the shipping on my missing supply order. The tracking says they have attempted to deliver twice...which is completely untrue. I am really disliking UPS. They only deliver before 5 - I work until 5 and I live in an apartment so they can't leave it anywhere. They charge me to leave it at the UPS Store so I end up having to drive across the city to pick my package up at the DC. It is very, very frustrating. I'd rather they ship my products regular post!!!

I'm laughing right now at the email I got from the HO.

I submitted a show on April 30. I realized the next morning that I hadn't added the physical address. She uses a PO Box, and I know they can't ship to a PO Box. So, I sent out a quick email to the HO to let them know the actual shipping address for the show. This is the email I received today:

Dear Rae,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. Unfortunately, once an order has been
submitted for processing, it can not be altered. Once the order has shipped you
may contact the Solution Center for the tracking numbers. Then if you contact FedEx
at 800-463-3339 with the tracking numbers, you may request to have the shipment
re-routed to the address specified. The Solution Center can also contact FedEx on
your behalf to request a reroute of this shipment. Unfortunately, FedEx is not always
able to re-route the shipment to the address specified.

No kidding. :rolleyes: Of course, it can't be processed because you can't ship to a PO Box. I'm guessing the person who sent me this email didn't actually read mine. She just saw that it had an address and send me their standard "we can't change it" email.

I just called and spoke with someone who assured me she would update that info. The show wasn't showing as received. I'm guessing it's because they didn't have a proper shipping address. I hope this doesn't delay her products too awfully long. :(

1. How do I handle a delivery disaster as a customer?

As a customer, the first step is to contact the company directly to report the issue. Be sure to provide details about the problem and any photos or documentation to support your claim. The company should work with you to find a resolution, whether it be a replacement, refund, or other solution.

2. What should I do if my package arrives damaged?

If your package arrives damaged, it is important to take photos and document the damage immediately. Contact the company and provide them with the details and evidence of the damage. They should work with you to find a satisfactory resolution.

3. How can I prevent a delivery disaster from happening?

To prevent a delivery disaster, make sure to carefully track your order and keep an eye out for any potential delays or issues. If possible, choose a shipping option that includes insurance or tracking to ensure the safe delivery of your package.

4. What if my package is lost in transit?

If your package is lost in transit, contact the company immediately to report the issue. They will likely initiate a trace with the shipping carrier to locate the package. If the package cannot be found, the company should work with you to find a satisfactory resolution.

5. How can I get a refund for a delivery disaster?

If you are unsatisfied with the resolution offered by the company for a delivery disaster, you can request a refund. Make sure to provide documentation and evidence of the issue and the company should process your refund accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PChef_ang
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • lockhartkitchen