• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"Don't Be a Sucker, Book a Show"

In summary, this woman is going to attach prizes to sticks and sell them as suckers. She has several ideas for how to attach the prizes to the sticks. She also talks about an old game show she likes.
jenniferlynne
That is going to be my new theme for bookings after Easter and I am done using the plastic eggs for the "Book to Look". My daughter is selling suckers for 4-H, so I bought a whole bag from her. I'm going to attach the prizes to the sticks and then the sticks will be stuck in a piece of styrofoam or something from the craft store. If someone books, they can pick a sucker and see what they win. Haven't exactly decided on how the prizes will be attached to the sticks. I could put a number on each wrapper and then have a list of what number goes with what prize. Any other ideas on this?

Don't be a sucker....You could use stickers, and put the matching sticker on the prize......
or color the stick of the sucker with a colored marker and mark the prize somehow with the same color....
Great idea you had!

You could type the prize out on a piece of paper, then wrap it around the stem of the sucker before you stick it in the styrofoam. Kind of reminds me of a funny game we used to play at our birthday parties when we were kids! There were actions printed on papers tightly rolled and stuck in the styrofoam and then you used a little stylus kind of thing that came with it to poke them out. Ah the good ol' days...

I would color the sticks with a prize that matches the color.

You could even use post-it note flags on them maybe.

jenniferlynne said:
That is going to be my new theme for bookings after Easter and I am done using the plastic eggs for the "Book to Look". My daughter is selling suckers for 4-H, so I bought a whole bag from her. I'm going to attach the prizes to the sticks and then the sticks will be stuck in a piece of styrofoam or something from the craft store. If someone books, they can pick a sucker and see what they win. Haven't exactly decided on how the prizes will be attached to the sticks. I could put a number on each wrapper and then have a list of what number goes with what prize. Any other ideas on this?

There are just too many good ideas on this site...I love it!

This is very similar to what "Family Fued" did way back when...they had a tree full of dum-dum's next to the families and the person on the end picked a sucker, if it had a black stick they won $1000 (or maybe $100, but you get the idea)!

You could do something similar and pick say 5 different color markers and color the sticks of the suckers to match 5 different colored folders with the prizes in them?

Hey, that is a cool idea. I think I remember that on the Family Feud too!! It was (and still is) my favorite game show!! (when I find time to watch that is).

jenniferlynne said:
Hey, that is a cool idea. I think I remember that on the Family Feud too!! It was (and still is) my favorite game show!! (when I find time to watch that is).

I didn't even know about the whole sucker thing on there until we received a DVD from when my great-aunt and her grandkids were on in the early 80's!

Ha!That is too funny!! When I was little I used to watch it and I would wish that I could be on it so bad. But I was scared to death that if I was I would have to kiss Richard Dawson. About 6 years ago, my husband bought me the computer game for Christmas (with Louie Anderson as the host). Out of all the hosts, I have to say the current one (Richard Karn, Al from Home Improvement) has to be my favorite. Anyway, I know all this isn't PC related but I couldn't help myself.

jenniferlynne said:
That is too funny!! When I was little I used to watch it and I would wish that I could be on it so bad. But I was scared to death that if I was I would have to kiss Richard Dawson. About 6 years ago, my husband bought me the computer game for Christmas (with Louie Anderson as the host). Out of all the hosts, I have to say the current one (Richard Karn, Al from Home Improvement) has to be my favorite. Anyway, I know all this isn't PC related but I couldn't help myself.

I like Richard Karn too, in the DVD we have I swear Richard Dawson slipped my cousin the tounge, it was gross to watch. My aunt actually made Richard some croched chicken pot holders (they actually looked like chickens), she gave them to Richard and he put them up on the buzzer stand for the rest of the show, what a riot! Anyway, just had to say that I agree with your last statement.

1. What is "Don't Be a Sucker, Book a Show"?

"Don't Be a Sucker, Book a Show" is a slogan used by Pampered Chef to encourage customers to host a cooking show at their home. It is a fun and easy way to get together with friends and learn about our products while earning free and discounted items.

2. How do I book a show?

To book a show, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant or host and let them know you are interested in hosting a show. They will help you choose a date and plan all the details. You can also book a show online by visiting our website and filling out a request form.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a show?

Hosting a show comes with many benefits, including free and discounted products, exclusive host specials, and the opportunity to earn rewards and incentives. It is also a fun and social way to learn new cooking techniques and recipes.

4. How many guests do I need to have at my show?

We recommend having at least 10 guests at your show, but the more the merrier! This will ensure a fun and lively atmosphere and also help you earn more rewards as a host.

5. What types of shows can I host?

You can host a traditional in-home show, a virtual show, or a fundraiser show for a charitable cause. We also offer themed shows, such as bridal showers or holiday parties. Talk to your consultant or host to find the best option for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
jbachen