• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Doing a Show for a Clustermate - Bookings Question.

In summary, the clustermate said that there are 2 catty, 2 kitchen shows that she is interested in booking. She contacted the host and asked if anyone would like to do the show, and 2 people responded. The clustermate offered to do the show, and when they were talking on the phone today, the clustermate said the host mentioned there were 4 people interested in booking (2 catty, 2 kitchen shows). The clustermate is unsure of
Bren706
Gold Member
Okay, a clustermate (that I don't think I have met yet. Haven't seen her at our relatively small meetings) sent an email to our group today, looking for someone to do a show that she had scheduled for tomorrow, and she can't make it due to back pain. Of course, I offered. When we were talking on the phone today, she said the host mentioned there were 4 people interested in booking (2 catty, 2 kitchen shows).

Have any of you ever covered a show for someone else? How did you handle the leads/bookings?

my storyThe only time I ever did a Show was for my D when I was first starting out. She couldn't make it due to her DS having Hockey. Now, maybe my situation was different because I was new to PC - but I got the bookings to help my business (I hadn't even qualified yet).....

I have done shows for consultants in my downline before and for these I have given my consultant the bookings. They were guests within her circle of customers and friends. But in your case I think I would have to ask the other consultant what she is expecting. This way you will avoid any problems or bad feelings later. If the hostess already has 4 bookings before you have even stepped in chances are she is expecting to get those bookings. In all fairness you should get the $$$ and the rights to the show but she may be expecting the bookings, maybe she will split them with you. Good luck

I agree with Kathy. Ask her what her expectations are from you. Obviously you are doing the party and getting the commission, but ask her what her thoughts are on the bookings and any other leads you may get. Ask the question and then just be quiet and let her answer. Don't assume you know how she feels about this. She may surprise you with her answer!

It actually came up during our conversation today. She was also unsure. I did mention about splitting bookings, but I stated in the way that I was also unsure of what happens during this situation.

I've done a show twice, for a recruit of mine, as well as my Director. We had decided ahead of time that, bookings go back to them, sales went to me.

Paula

How about the other guests that do not book at the show? Do you forward their contact info to the original consultant?

I agree that you should discuss this beforehand and make sure you are both okay with it, but in my opinion, all guests and bookings should go to the person who does the show. I have had to have people cover for me in the past and have let them have the guests and bookings from the shows. They did the shows, and so they earned the sales and bookings. My director did one for me, and a downline did the other, and I treated it the same. It would have been "nice" if my director had offered to let me have any bookings that came from the show, but she didn't have to. Just my 2 cents. Hope you work it out!

I agree with Cathy. Unless the other consultant has done shows within this circle of people, you are the face they are seeing, you are the one they are making a connection with.

If you do decide to give the bookings to the other consultant, make sure you explain the situation up front to the future hosts. I've seen situations like this get very sticky and hurt the feelings of the future hosts....they feel like you would rather push them off on someone else.

I have done two shows for the same consultant before, and both times I got the sales and the bookings. I am the consultant they know, so therefore they now use just me, and not that other consultant. I don't see anything wrong with taking the bookings.

If I were to have to give a show to a fellow consultant I would assume she would take the bookings, and that wouldn't bother me.

I would let her have the bookings that have come before the show, but you should take bookings that happen at the show. That's just my opinion.

Actually, if she has 4 bookings lined up already, she should sign up and take the bookings herself. But how would you approach that subject? Shall I ask if the previous consultant has spoken to her about it? If she is interested, should I just let the other consultant take the lead?

If she does have 4 solid bookings before the show, you could let the other consult. have them. Any that come from the show should be yours. I think that if you are doing the entire thing, then all of it is yours. The other consultant could have cancelled/rescheduled but didn't. I say go for it.

But, if she gives the bookings to the other consultant, how does that past host booking credit work? Since the show is in your system, and the bookings are in someone else's... is there an issue with that?

Laura, I was wondering the same thing, especially since not only did she have 3 outside people interested in booking (2 catty and 1 kitchen show), but there were 3 more kitchen show bookings at the show.

The past host booking benefits follow the HOST not the consultant...so that wouldn't be a problem.

Hope you are able to find a solution that works for you, the original consultant, and the future hosts!!

Ahhh... good to know.I think that if a consultant needs to give up a show, she should give up the entire show - bookings and recruits included. But, of course, it all must be decided in advance... good for you for thinking about it! Let us know how it all turns out :)

Recruits should always stay with the consultant who has the relationship...unless the recruit decides otherwise. (IMHO)

As for the sales and bookings, work out something that you would be comfortable with if the roles were reversed....because one day they may be. :)

My general rule of thumb has been to give back a booking (provided the future host agrees). (Just an option that works for me.)

leggy

I think it would depend on if this host is in the consultant's circle of friends or in a circle of customers she sees frequently. If they are, then she should probably get the bookings. Otherwise, if she has no relationship with any of them, then I think the consultant doing the show should get the bookings. When my recruiter was put on bedrest, I did one of her booked shows that didn't want to reschedule. I got the sales, bookings & recruit leads because she had just met the host at another show but didn't know her well.

My director has given me shows before that she couldn't do - and she has always given me the bookings. One time the host was interested in becoming a consultant, but because my Director had a prior relationship, I gave the lead back to her.....but the bookings have always been mine - unless they were with established customers of my director. If they book at the show, then they are assuming that I will be the one to do their show -and they may be booking just because they like me,:D :D so it doesn't really make sense to book them, and then say "Oh by the way, someone else will be doing your show." IMO

What is a clustermate?

A clustermate is someone who lives in close proximity to you, such as a neighbor, friend, or family member.

Why should I do a show for my clustermate?

Doing a show for your clustermate is a great way to support a small business and help them reach their goals. It's also a fun way to spend time with someone you know and love.

How do I book a show for my clustermate?

To book a show for your clustermate, simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you are interested. They will work with you and your clustermate to find a date and time that works for everyone.

Can I earn host rewards by doing a show for my clustermate?

Yes, you can earn host rewards by doing a show for your clustermate. Your consultant can provide more information on the specific rewards and benefits you can earn as a host.

What type of show can I do for my clustermate?

You can do any type of show for your clustermate, whether it's an in-person cooking show, a virtual party, or a catalog show. Your consultant can help you decide which type of show would be the best fit for you and your clustermate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• purpleluvs3
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • erinhoward
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • marystell1