• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Here Have a Christmas Club Account?

In summary, the consultant can't purchase any sample packages because the Sept. 30th deadline has already passed.
pamperedbecky
Sample Packages and Newly Reactivating ConsultantsHey guys,
I had a quick question that I think I know the answer to, but wanted to see if you've dealt with this personally. I have a consultant who has been inactive nearly all year. She just told me she is trying to get some orders together to reactivate so she won't have to re-sign. She wondered about being able to purchase any sample packages. From what I can tell (and from what someone at the HO just confirmed for me), she CAN'T purchase any of the sample packages because that Sept. 30th deadline already passed. Only if it's a brand new consultant can they purchase sample packages beyond that deadine...and they have to do it within 6 weeks I believe.

So, unfortunately I will have to tell her she's not eligible to purchase any. If she would have reactivated last month, she could have. Just wanted to check with you guys to make sure this is correct and to see if you've been in this situation before. Thanks!!!

Yep. That's right! But the good thing is she doesn't have to purchase the kit so that saves her $155 and she could have a show and get a sampling of the new products for free and if the show is enough a couple of the bigger things for 1/2 off!

Ok, thanks! That's what I figured. I did suggest the hosting her own show thing, so maybe she will. Or even just having her discount is a way to sample a few things if she doesn't have a big show.

Thanks for the input!:D

I am thinking about doing one. Advantage over just doing a special savings account? Or a better way to put away $$ for the holidays?

My CU in Racine always offers them...I haven't done them but cousins have. Good way to discipline yourself to save. They also do vacation savings and other things...

I do not have one but I think with knowing next year we will have two kids at Christmas that I am going to start one. Even if I have $200 that $200 I don't have to come up with.

Pampered Chef has allowed us to give my son great gifts here lately! HA!

Unfortunately, I said I would do it again this year and never did but with PC, I am sitting better this year than last! :)

We've never done one.

We have one and don't miss the $10 a week and have about $500 when the time comes around for shopping. This is through my husband's job, so it is taken out before we even get his paycheck. Last year I had a miscarriage about a week before Christmas and was off work. So glad we had the Christmas club to help purchase stuff for Christmas.

Can you tell we waited until the last weekend to shop !!

We did one this past year & it was really nice having cash to shop with. We put nothing on the credit cards. At our bank, if you have electronic withdrawal, they pay the last week's amount for you. We did $15/week & had $750 to shop with.

I am SO doing one this year!! I just have to "hide" the $$ from DH...he is a shopper!!LOL! I am planning on putting $50 a paycheck in..so $100 a month. Depending when I cash out..I will have a min of $1000. Oh and I have 4 kids so I need that much!! LOL!!!

I have never had one but I keep saying I am going to open one this year. Next year we will have two children to buy for and I would love to have some money saved for it.

travelgirl said:
I am thinking about doing one. Advantage over just doing a special savings account? Or a better way to put away $$ for the holidays?

How is it different than a savings acct exactly? I'd be interested, as I am always using my CC for the holidays, then have to pay it off all year with interest and adding birthdays to the debt!:cry:

heat123 said:
How is it different than a savings acct exactly? I'd be interested, as I am always using my CC for the holidays, then have to pay it off all year with interest and adding birthdays to the debt!:cry:

Some banks, like mine, will make the final deposit into the CC account for you. Plus, it earns (a meager amount, but so does a savings account) interest. The best part is having the last payment made. The bank is giving me $15 in free money just for setting the account up.

My bank doesn't do Christmas accounts. :( I may open another savings account though just for that... if I can keep my hands off it!

jenniferp417 said:
My bank doesn't do Christmas accounts. :( I may open another savings account though just for that... if I can keep my hands off it!

I have a seperate acct for this and have this problem! i know it's there and I always dip ! I put in $100 a month and never seem to have more than that at a time ! I'm terrible.:eek:

I never make a New Years resolution so maybe this year I will and at least try try try to keep it !!

But I must say I have only used my Victoria Secret card 2 times for gifts (for myself & DD ) and everything else has been paid in cash this Christmas. It's taken alot of control ! :eek: maybe I should change my mood over there huh ???!!

1. What is a Christmas Club Account and how does it work?

A Christmas Club Account is a special savings account that allows you to set aside money throughout the year specifically for holiday expenses. You can choose to make regular deposits into the account and earn interest on your balance. The account typically matures in November, allowing you to withdraw the funds just in time for holiday shopping.

2. How much money should I deposit into my Christmas Club Account?

The amount you deposit into your Christmas Club Account is entirely up to you and your budget. Some people choose to deposit a small amount each month, while others may deposit a larger lump sum at the beginning of the year. It's important to determine a realistic amount that you can comfortably save without putting a strain on your finances.

3. Can I access the funds in my Christmas Club Account before it matures?

In most cases, you are not able to access the funds in your Christmas Club Account until it matures. This helps you to avoid the temptation of using the money for non-holiday expenses. However, some banks may allow you to make early withdrawals, but they may charge a fee or reduce the interest earned on the account.

4. Are there any fees associated with a Christmas Club Account?

There may be fees associated with opening and maintaining a Christmas Club Account, depending on your bank or financial institution. It's important to read the terms and conditions carefully before opening an account to avoid any surprise fees.

5. When is the best time to open a Christmas Club Account?

The best time to open a Christmas Club Account is usually at the beginning of the year, as it allows you to save for the entire year and have the funds available for holiday expenses. However, you can open an account at any time throughout the year and still reap the benefits of saving for the holidays.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
mldowney69
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies