• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Think It's Important to Feature UPampered Chefoming Guest Specials?

In summary, the host and guest specials for upcoming months are being discussed and it is mentioned that the guest special is not a top priority for booking shows. Some hosts find the guest special to be beneficial in attracting guests to place orders, but it is not a main focus for most. It is also mentioned that the host special is more important and effective in booking shows. Some hosts also use the guest special as a tool to motivate current hosts. Overall, the focus is on the host bonus and utilizing the guest special as a way to entice guests to place orders.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
Working on a new design of DYLAB... I've only been highlighting the host specials up until now. Is it important to feature the guest special of the upcoming months too?

Personally, I do not. The value is usually around $8-12 or less. My goal is bookings, not guests at shows....need a show to have guests AT, right? ;)The Guest special comes into play when I start host coaching- when I give her outside order forms, etc., and then of course for sales AT THE SHOW. But I'm not exceedingly busy with live shows right now, so maybe someone else plays it different. :D

esavvymom said:
Personally, I do not. The value is usually around $8-12 or less. My goal is bookings, not guests at shows....need a show to have guests AT, right? ;)

The Guest special comes into play when I start host coaching- when I give her outside order forms, etc., and then of course for sales AT THE SHOW.

But I'm not exceedingly busy with live shows right now, so maybe someone else plays it different. :D

I agree. (and I have 9 cooking shows and 2 catalog shows in July) The guest special isn't even on my radar until I'm coaching my host. It doesn't come into play at all when I'm talking future bookings.

Good to know... thanks! I hadn't ever thought much about it before but someone mentioned it in the survey so I thought I'd see what others though. There's so little real estate on a sheet of paper when you're trying to put all that stuff on there... I'd rather not give it up to something that people won't find valuable.

ChefBeckyD said:
The guest special isn't even on my radar until I'm coaching my host. It doesn't come into play at all when I'm talking future bookings.

Agreed! :)

I actually delete it in my newsletters. Prefer to focus on Host Specials.

pkd09 said:
I actually delete it in my newsletters. Prefer to focus on Host Specials.

So do I! :D

Host special is all I need. Thanks for asking!

I disagree. I have had lots of hosts book according to the guest special and some could care less about the host special. Their thinking is that their friends will spend more and then they can get more free.

I just got some little 30 per page stickers that have the guest specials on them, with a picture. I am adding those to the invitations so that ALL of the guests invited will know that they can get that special just by spending only $60. I am also adding them to the front cover of my manila folders that I have their catalog and order form in.

The only time I really want feature an upcoming guest special is when it is 20% off a collection. Some of my customers are looking for those to complete certain collections at a discount and doubles as a host special with hosts being able get unlimited items at up to 50% off. Pampered Chef hasn't done one of those in a while though. I do, however, usually leave the current month's special, whatever it is, in my newsletter.

BethCooks4U said:
I disagree. I have had lots of hosts book according to the guest special and some could care less about the host special. Their thinking is that their friends will spend more and then they can get more free.

Yes, I've had more repeat hosts book according to the guest special than the host special. For that very reasoning, that folks will try to hit $60 for the guest special.
With new hosts, it hasn't seemed to matter one way or another.

I only focus on host bonus... unless it is a 20% off deal or "sale" like the August one coming up... Once we have the show then go for the guest special. That does seem to drawn them in. I make my own invites and add the guest special to that...

I think the guest special motivates SOME hosts but not most, unless it is a special or a sale on a collection. The DYLAB is to motivate current hosts by showing what they could get for 60 percent off if their FRIENDS book. It is a booking tool. Unless she's going to spend $60 on that item, the guest specials usually don't mean much.

I have a show this week where the host seemed unexcited. I showed her the collapsible bowl. She was thrilled and is telling everyone about it, encouraging them to come and place a big order. So I think it depends on the situation and the special.

chefgirlrd said:
I have a show this week where the host seemed unexcited. I showed her the collapsible bowl. She was thrilled and is telling everyone about it, encouraging them to come and place a big order. So I think it depends on the situation and the special.

Exactly my point. Sometimes a host is more excited about a guest special. I had a June host just tell me that she wished she had waited until July so she could have gotten the collapsible bowl. I also use the guest special as a booking tool with my hosts and did in this case too. "Let's get a booking for July and then you can use your discount and the past host special and get that." or if it's a per cent off special "when you order at your friend's party you get an extra 10% off of that because you just had a party".

I like my potential hosts to see the whole big picture. What can she get and what can she excite her friends with? I do find though that usually the host books when it is a good date for them and these specials are just a bonus.

1. What are the benefits of featuring guest specials in Pampered Chef?

Featuring guest specials in Pampered Chef allows customers to try new products at a discounted price. It also helps increase sales and attract new customers. Additionally, it provides an opportunity for customers to stock up on their favorite products at a lower cost.

2. How often does Pampered Chef feature guest specials?

Pampered Chef features guest specials every month. These specials are updated on the first of each month and are available for purchase until the end of the month or while supplies last.

3. Can consultants earn commission on guest specials?

Yes, consultants can earn commission on guest specials. They will earn 25% commission on the discounted price of the guest specials. This can also help them reach their monthly sales goal and earn rewards.

4. Are guest specials available for online purchases?

Yes, guest specials are available for both online and in-person purchases. Customers can purchase them through the Pampered Chef website or through their consultant's personal website.

5. How can customers find out about upcoming guest specials?

Customers can find out about upcoming guest specials through their consultant or by checking the Pampered Chef website. They can also sign up for the Pampered Chef newsletter to receive updates on new products and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
reogas
  • gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ivykeep