• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problems With Links to Host/Guest Special Pdfs

In summary, the conversation revolves around a problem with linking the host/guest special articles in a newsletter to PDFs on the HO's CC website. It appears that the PDFs have been made "rep only" and prompt readers to log in, which is not possible for customers. The URLs for the current month's specials on the corporate website are different and seem to be making an effort to separate the two versions. There is also concern about obtaining a link for the November PDF and whether or not it will work for all users. The issue does not seem to be exclusive to one newsletter service, and there is speculation that HO may be trying to promote their own newsletter.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
I think I'm having a problem and I don't think I'm imagining it - it seems like something recently has changed.

I normally link the host/guest special articles in my newsletter to the PDFs that the HO has on CC. These have never been a problem before, but starting this month, it seems as though they have been made "rep only" and prompt the reader to log in to CC (which our customers cannot do).

I followed a link from the corporate website where they have the current month host & guest special linked, and they are different URLs with "public" in the URL, so it would seem they are making a pointed effort to separate the 2 versions.

I can link in the public version, but when I tried to change Oct to Nov for the host special, I got a broken link... as though the Nov "public" pdf has not been uploaded yet.

My dilemma is how I am going to get a link for the Nov PDF embedded in my newsletter... has anyone else noticed this - perhaps someone using a different newsletter service can chime in and see if the other services are having any of the same issues...

Or maybe it's just me and I'm not figuring it out :(

hmmmm... do you think that link will work "publicly" for all users, whether or not they have a PWS, and it won't link to anyone's specific PWS?It doesn't seem like it should but sometimes I think they have weird re-directs on the corporate server that are conspiring against me!

I've already had 2 people complain this month that they couldn't open links that normally work. The recruiting brochure being one of them. :(

I've been uploading the host/guest specials and outside order forms to PDF Escape so I could put my info on them, and couldn't do it this month, the upload tool rejects the url.Too bad, I like using their flyer, all I add is the "your consultant" info--and online ordering info on the OOF.

I didn't have any trouble downloading/opening (and adding my info via pdf escape) for Nov or Dec. I downloaded them from CC.

Downloading the flyers as a logged-in consultant isn't a problem, as far as I can tell. It's giving out the link to someone who is not a consultant, who cannot log in, that seems to be the issue. If you are already logged into CC actively, and click on the link, it should take you right to it. But if you are logged out, it prompts you to log in.

Sheila - do you put together your own or do you use another service? I am guessing it's most any of the flyers we access behind CC that are affected :(

I use iContact to send them, but format them myself.

That is so dumb! Why would HO do that? Perhaps they are trying to get us all using their newsletter. :(

Maybe... I get these paranoid delusions that HO is plotting against me to put me out of business :( Really, when all I've ever done is help bring in more business to consultants and the company....

PampChefJoy said:
hmmmm... do you think that link will work "publicly" for all users, whether or not they have a PWS, and it won't link to anyone's specific PWS?

It doesn't seem like it should but sometimes I think they have weird re-directs on the corporate server that are conspiring against me!

The URL doesn't contain a specific PWS address. It does have the .biz instead of the .com, but doesn't have my PWS address after the slash. I would hate to think that HO would put something on my PWS that wouldn't open for a customer visiting my site.

BlueMoon said:
I've been uploading the host/guest specials and outside order forms to PDF Escape so I could put my info on them, and couldn't do it this month, the upload tool rejects the url.

Too bad, I like using their flyer, all I add is the "your consultant" info--and online ordering info on the OOF.

I always save the file to my computer first, then upload it to PDFEscape, and then save over the original version. Never had a problem.

DebbieJ said:
That is so dumb! Why would HO do that? Perhaps they are trying to get us all using their newsletter. :(

PampChefJoy said:
Maybe... I get these paranoid delusions that HO is plotting against me to put me out of business :( Really, when all I've ever done is help bring in more business to consultants and the company....

I would hope HO isn't trying to do that. I actually just got an email forwarded from my Director, that came down from Chris Manion. She put a blurb in there about the benefits of newsletters and though she put in a plug for the HO service, she also plugged Mike.

I'm finalizing the November newsletter and now it looks like the links on CC are different again.. they don't reference "reponly" in the URL, so it may appear as though they are "public" links once again... can anyone tell?

The 5 most frequently asked questions about "Problems With Links to Host/Guest Special Pdfs" are:

1. How do I access the Host/Guest Special Pdfs?

To access the Host/Guest Special Pdfs, you can either click on the link provided by your consultant or go to the Pampered Chef website and navigate to the Host/Guest Special section. From there, you can click on the desired Pdf to open it.

2. Why is my link to the Host/Guest Special Pdf not working?

There could be a few reasons why the link is not working. It could be a temporary issue with the website or the link may have expired. Please try refreshing the page or contacting your consultant for a new link.

3. Can I save the Host/Guest Special Pdf to my device?

Yes, you can save the Pdf to your device by clicking on the download button on the top right corner of the Pdf. This will save it to your device for future access.

4. I am a host and my guests are having trouble accessing the Host/Guest Special Pdf. What should I do?

If your guests are having trouble accessing the Pdf, you can either send them the direct link or provide them with a physical copy of the Pdf. You can also contact your consultant for assistance.

5. I am a consultant and my customers are unable to view the Host/Guest Special Pdf. What should I do?

If your customers are having trouble viewing the Pdf, make sure the link you provided is correct and not expired. You can also try sending them a different link or providing them with a physical copy of the Pdf. If the issue persists, please contact Pampered Chef customer support for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kam
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies