• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Bring Your Darkest Stones?

In summary, Diane said that she sometimes only brings a single dark stone to a show, and that it is important to display stones in an "unstained" condition. She also said that it is important to inform guests about the stone-making process.
its_me_susan
I'm having such a delemma! I know the darkest, seasoned stones are desired... and I talk about them and the desired condition. But the used stones do not look appealing, especially to those who have never used a stone. I don't have a problem using a seasoned stone at a show ~ but when I display additional stones, I just don't think it looks good with the "stained" ones..... What do you do?

Susan :)

Usually the host has one that's pretty seasoned, and if not, I'll still show hers so they can see the variety. I had a host last night that showed her bar pan, and it was VERY well seasoned. The guests didn't seem to mind...my pizza stone wasn't NEARLY as seasoned but I've only been using it since June of '05.
HTH

well seasoned stonewareI use mine all the time and I use it as a selling point.:)

BothI generally bring my large round stone or bar pan, both of which are very well seasoned. I also bring along a small oval baker that I have never used, to show how the seasoning process works.

Diane

I'm talking about when you bring several pieces to show.... displayed the "dirty" ones don't look so great. Wish they seasoned evenly and not in a stained pattern.

I think it is a good thing to show because your first timer stone purchasers won't freak out when their stone starts to go dark. And the 'seasoned' stone purchasers know you use your stone! My bar pan has "cookie stains" on it.

Since I share the Round Up heart at the beginning of my show this is where I tell them that this is how all stoneware starts out. Then I tell them that over time they want their stoneware to look like me, nice and dark brown. That always gets a great chuckle. Sometimes the only stone I bring with me is the heart mold, but if I have to bring a second stone is is usually the Lg Round Stone which is VERY seasoned! It helps educate them on the stone.

I absolutely bring my darkest stones since those are the ones I usually demo with. I also bring a stone that I have never used and show what it looks like new and lots of people want to buy one that is already seasoned!!

1. What materials are used to make the Darkest Stones?

The Darkest Stones are made from a high-quality blend of natural minerals and pigments, giving them a rich and deep color.

2. Can the Darkest Stones be used in the oven or on the stovetop?

Yes, the Darkest Stones are oven and stovetop safe, making them versatile for all your cooking needs. Just be sure to follow the care instructions for best results.

3. How do I clean and maintain my Darkest Stones?

To clean your Darkest Stones, simply wash them with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers as they can damage the stones. To maintain their dark color, we recommend seasoning the stones regularly with a light coat of oil.

4. Are the Darkest Stones non-toxic and safe for cooking?

Yes, the Darkest Stones are made from food-safe materials and are free of any harmful chemicals. They are safe to use for cooking and serving food.

5. Can the Darkest Stones be used for cold dishes as well?

Absolutely! The Darkest Stones are great for serving cold dishes such as salads, fruits, and desserts. They will keep your food chilled for longer periods, making them perfect for entertaining or outdoor events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • Melissa78
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • kcmckay