• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do you bring your darkest stones?

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
I'm having such a delemma! I know the darkest, seasoned stones are desired... and I talk about them and the desired condition. But the used stones do not look appealing, especially to those who have never used a stone. I don't have a problem using a seasoned stone at a show ~ but when I display additional stones, I just don't think it looks good with the "stained" ones..... What do you do?

Susan :)

spoiledchef

Jan 8, 2006
Usually the host has one that's pretty seasoned, and if not, I'll still show hers so they can see the variety. I had a host last night that showed her bar pan, and it was VERY well seasoned. The guests didn't seem to mind...my pizza stone wasn't NEARLY as seasoned but I've only been using it since June of '05.
HTH

mary k

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2006
well seasoned stoneware

I use mine all the time and I use it as a selling point.:)

dianevill

Gold Member
May 18, 2005
Both

I generally bring my large round stone or bar pan, both of which are very well seasoned. I also bring along a small oval baker that I have never used, to show how the seasoning process works.

Diane

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
I'm talking about when you bring several pieces to show.... displayed the "dirty" ones don't look so great. Wish they seasoned evenly and not in a stained pattern.

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
I think it is a good thing to show because your first timer stone purchasers won't freak out when their stone starts to go dark. And the 'seasoned' stone purchasers know you use your stone! My bar pan has "cookie stains" on it.

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
Since I share the Round Up heart at the beginning of my show this is where I tell them that this is how all stoneware starts out. Then I tell them that over time they want their stoneware to look like me, nice and dark brown. That always gets a great chuckle. Sometimes the only stone I bring with me is the heart mold, but if I have to bring a second stone is is usually the Lg Round Stone which is VERY seasoned! It helps educate them on the stone.

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
I absolutely bring my darkest stones since those are the ones I usually demo with. I also bring a stone that I have never used and show what it looks like new and lots of people want to buy one that is already seasoned!!