• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do iPads and iPod Touches Require Separate Data Plans for Shows?

In summary, using the app without a data plan works off line and then syncs with the website when you are online again.
chefliz
Gold Member
This may be a silly question but will you have to have a separate data plan to use them at your shows. If so, what is the point of not just taking our laptop to shows and asking for the hosts' wireless access? I currently have a data plan with my smartphone, but will be unable to use it with the new app because it is a Windows Phone. I am trying to decide whether or not to get an Ipad... :confused:

You will not have to have a data plan to use the app with your iPad or iPhone. It will work off line. Then when you are online again it syncs with the website.My iPad does have a data plan option but I rarely buy it. 99% of the time I can get wireless to use it so I probably will not buy it just for shows. I only use it if I am traveling where I don't have Internet.

I live in a rural area and have had no problem finding either unsecured wifi when I do a show or in asking the host for their information (95% around here use their phone number). I haven't had anyone have a problem with it and they know I don't save it.

BethCooks4U said:
You will not have to have a data plan to use the app with your iPad or iPhone. It will work off line. Then when you are online again it syncs with the website.

My iPad does have a data plan option but I rarely buy it. 99% of the time I can get wireless to use it so I probably will not buy it just for shows. I only use it if I am traveling where I don't have Internet.

This is so nice to know...

darlinclem said:
I live in a rural area and have had no problem finding either unsecured wifi when I do a show or in asking the host for their information (95% around here use their phone number). I haven't had anyone have a problem with it and they know I don't save it.

I, too, live in a rural area. Most of my hosts don't know their password, but I think you're right, it is always most-likely their phone number. I think I'll try that for now and see if this helps me out.

Related to Do iPads and iPod Touches Require Separate Data Plans for Shows?

What is the difference between an iPad and an iPod Touch?

The main difference between an iPad and an iPod Touch is their size and functionality. The iPad is a larger device with a 9.7-inch or 10.5-inch screen and is primarily used for productivity tasks like browsing the internet, creating documents, and watching videos. The iPod Touch is smaller with a 4-inch screen and is more focused on entertainment and communication, such as listening to music, playing games, and sending messages.

Can I use my iPad or iPod Touch in the kitchen?

Yes, both the iPad and iPod Touch can be useful tools in the kitchen. With their large screens, they can display recipes and cooking videos for easy reference. They also have voice control features, so you can ask Siri for conversions or set timers without touching the screen with your messy hands. Just make sure to keep them away from water and food splatters to avoid damage.

Do I need an internet connection to use my iPad or iPod Touch?

No, you do not need an internet connection to use your iPad or iPod Touch. However, some features, such as browsing the web, sending messages, and streaming music and videos, will require an internet connection. You can also download apps, games, and other content to use offline on both devices.

Can I connect my iPad or iPod Touch to my TV?

Yes, you can connect your iPad or iPod Touch to your TV to display content on a larger screen. Both devices have the option to connect via HDMI or wirelessly through Apple TV. This is great for sharing photos and videos with a group, playing games, or watching movies and shows on a bigger screen.

How do I back up my data on my iPad or iPod Touch?

To back up your data on your iPad or iPod Touch, you can use iCloud or iTunes. With iCloud, your data will be automatically backed up to the cloud when your device is connected to Wi-Fi and charging. You can also manually back up your data through iTunes by connecting your device to a computer and selecting the "Back Up Now" option. This will ensure that your data is safe in case your device is lost, damaged, or needs to be restored.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Melissa78
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies