• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Need to Keep Old Order Forms?

In summary, it is important to have a backup system in place for your P3 and to regularly backup your data onto multiple sources. Whether or not you need to keep physical copies of order forms depends on your personal preferences and the requirements of your business. However, it is always a good idea to have a digital backup of important documents in case of any issues in the future.
jenniferp417
I am *fanatical* about backup up P3. I back it up every time I do a major change - send a show, etc - I back it up onto my hard drive, my backup drive, and a remote site over the internet. Nothing is going to happen to my P3. I've even considered "dated" backups - so let's say P3 gets corrupted on Tuesday, and my last backup is corrupted, then I can go back, for example, to last Sunday's backup and only have to re-enter what I've done since then.

If I'm careful to enter all my expenses, and customer information, make notes about what I made, wish lists, etc -

do I need to keep all the old order forms or can I just shred the show's stuff after, say, two months?

I see a recent great thread about organizing everything and keeping it for years... but is it necessary?

I only keep my order forms until I do my customer care calls, then they get thrown away. If I need to contact them for something down the line, I will make a notation of that in my calender instead of saving their receipt.

It ultimately depends on your personal preferences and the requirements of your business. If you have a well-organized system for tracking expenses, customer information, and show details, you may not need to keep physical copies of order forms after a certain period of time. However, it is always a good idea to keep digital backups of all important documents for a longer period of time, just in case.If you are required by law or regulations to keep physical copies of order forms for a certain amount of time, then it is necessary to do so. Otherwise, it may be more efficient and space-saving to shred older order forms after a couple of months. Just make sure you have a reliable backup system in place in case you need to refer back to those documents in the future.

1. Do I need to keep physical copies of old order forms?

It is recommended to keep physical copies of old order forms for at least one year for record-keeping purposes. However, you can also opt to scan and store them digitally for easier access and organization.

2. Can I dispose of old order forms if I have electronic records?

It is generally acceptable to dispose of physical copies of old order forms if you have electronic records that are securely backed up. However, it is always advisable to check with your accountant or legal advisor for any specific requirements or regulations.

3. How long should I keep old order forms for tax purposes?

The general rule is to keep old order forms for tax purposes for at least seven years. This is the typical length of time that the IRS requires businesses to keep financial records.

4. Do I need to keep old order forms if my business is audited?

Yes, it is important to keep old order forms if your business is audited. These forms serve as evidence of your business transactions and can help support your records during an audit.

5. Can I get rid of old order forms if they are no longer relevant to my business?

It is recommended to keep old order forms for a minimum of one year, even if they are no longer relevant to your business. This ensures that you have a complete record of all your business transactions, which may be useful for future reference or audits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SusanPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • sprout18
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • chellb1234