• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How long should I keep past order forms?

In summary, people keep past order forms for six months, then shred them. People who have P3 like it better than those who don't.
LBurke
How long do you all keep past order forms? I'm getting ready to 'nest' out my files during my slower months before the baby gets here.

Up until last year I kept everything. Now I only keep the past year's worth of paperwork. I shred the rest.

I started in September of 2006 and still have all of mine. I know I could probably get rid of 2006 receipts. Maybe just keep show total pages. I just can't seem to make that step!! :rolleyes:

I have receipts from April til now.Time for more shredding. :D

I need to pull out the shredder also. I have since I started in Nov 2006. Not for any particular reason, just haven't had time to "purge" them. I will keep only the current year.

I keep them for six months.

I don't have the space to keep them for too long. My 1st year I did keep them for a year, but now every month I shred them.

Ahh nesting I am doing the same, but the office is being turned into a nursery on one side of the room. At least until we move back to the States and can get a bigger place.

So, for those shredding them within 6 months/monthly, do you use PP to track your contacts and make CCCs? I like working from the show forms, that's why I can't get to shredding my order forms. I don't like PP for tracking contacts. I wish we would get P3 in Canada. Sounds like people who have it really like it. Not sure how it's better, but I'd like to see it!

My director has all of hers since she started I think like 5 years worth!!

I am going to just start to keep 6 months worth. I don't like to be a pack rat---plus I live with one. LOL

6 months and I shred 'em. I did think about scanning and storing the orders on a disk. Then decided to shred.

vwpamperedchef said:
My director has all of hers since she started I think like 5 years worth!!

I have seven years worth. :blushing:

I'm not a pack rat, just never got rid of them. That may be something I do soon.

I throw mine away as soon as I submit the show. It is too easy now for them to call ho for a reference number or for me to print out a receipt when needed. I have done this for 5 years or longer and may have printed a dozen receipts since then. I just don't need the extra clutter.

I still have all of mine. I'm having seperation anxiety...

I kept all of mine until a several montsh ago. And when AT&T messed my webmail address book up, I was so glad b/c I had to reenter all of my email addressed. I then printer the address book off as soon as I finished. I did get rid of those from the beginning after that though, most of them are in other shows now. I will keep them for a few months now. I have decided to make sure I enter all the info in P3 and then I have all their contact info and do not have to keep them as long. Plus, taking my laptop to shows there are a bunch of times it is only on my computer b/c they will just tell me their order.

Related to How long should I keep past order forms?

What is the timeframe for keeping order forms?

The recommended timeframe for keeping order forms is typically 3-5 years. This allows enough time for any potential returns or exchanges to be processed.

Do I need to keep physical copies of the order forms?

While it is always a good idea to keep physical copies of important documents, it is not necessary for order forms. Digital copies or records of the orders are usually sufficient.

Can I dispose of order forms after the order has been delivered?

It is best to keep order forms for at least a few weeks after the order has been delivered, in case there are any issues or discrepancies with the order. After that, they can be safely disposed of.

Are there any legal requirements for keeping order forms?

While there are no specific legal requirements for keeping order forms, it is always a good practice to keep records of any transactions for tax purposes.

What is the best way to organize and store order forms?

Order forms can be organized and stored in various ways, such as in a filing cabinet or folder, or digitally in a secure folder or cloud storage. It is important to keep them in a safe and easily accessible location.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • BeachBabyMom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sprout18