• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Need the Round Stone With Handles?

In summary, guests can get an idea of what it would look like through the photo in the catalog! Other than that, they are undecided whether or not they need it in their kitchen. They think that the round stones with handles may be replaced by stones with handles in the future, but this will be a disadvantage for people with small ovens and microwaves. Jennifer plans on ordering the product, but is undecided about whether or not she will keep it.
jrstephens
Other than having it for shows, do I really NEED it in my kitchen? I have the other round stone and I do not use it that often. I use my bar pan. I am trying to decide whether or not I should order it.

I just cannot make my mine up what all to order. I wish it was ALL open stock, so, we could pick and choose each product and get exactly what we want without having to order different packages and stuff.

if you get it in a package, maybe you can give it away as an incentive, since you dont need

I'm wondering the same thing. My director seems to think that the round stones and racks will "disappear" from the catalog in the future and these new round stones with handles will be the replacement. I want one to show for host specials for Oct., but that's about it - I have 2 large round and 2 rect. stones already!! UGH! Too much to figure out today with samples AND supply orders!! ;)

I decided I don't need to purchase it. I only use my round for braids and such, which isn't all that much. I use the bar pans for pizzas and most of everything else as well.Guests can get an idea of what it would look like through the photo in the catalog!

jrstephens said:
Other than having it for shows, do I really NEED it in my kitchen? I have the other round stone and I do not use it that often. I use my bar pan. I am trying to decide whether or not I should order it.

I just cannot make my mine up what all to order. I wish it was ALL open stock, so, we could pick and choose each product and get exactly what we want without having to order different packages and stuff.

We have more package and open stock options this season than we have ever had before - I think they are moving in the right direction.

I agree, Becky.

As for your question, Jennifer, I can't say that I NEED one. I will be ordering one, though, because I want to test it out myself. I want to be able to talk with confidence to my customers about how sturdy, easy to store, etc, they are.

Why not wait until October and put together a show to get one at 60% off! That way you will have spent even less on it and will have it to show. I think it'll be hot. - My dh LOVES it - he said he didn't like the other one (didn't want to use the rack and this one will be easier).

I am thinking that the stones and racks will all be replaced by stones with handles as well. However, this is going to be a disadvantage for people with small ovens and microwaves. Currently you can use the stone and leave the rack off if it won't fit. I have a large microwave and the large stone barely fits in it. The handles will make it too big. The actual concept is good, but it is going to be a problem for some people.

BethCooks4U said:
Why not wait until October and put together a show to get one at 60% off! That way you will have spent even less on it and will have it to show. I think it'll be hot. - My dh LOVES it - he said he didn't like the other one (didn't want to use the rack and this one will be easier).

It's strange - I have a lot of customers who don't like the flat stones because they are harder to maneuver - especially when hot - and they don't like using the racks with them (can't figure it out!) so I think alot of people are really going to like this one with handles.

I'll probably keep using my round flat stone at home (I do use mine quite a bit) and take the one with handles to shows.

I'm waiting on this itesm until October.

My thought it that it will be hard to store. Right now, I keep my flat stones between the fridge and cabinet, and it's not wide enough for the one with handles. (My racks hang on a hook on the front of a cabinet.) I'll see how many questions I get about it in September, and maybe get it as host special in October.

I think I may wait to October too. I had been thinking about that. And now I could get something else I want or need more. I actually keep trying to talk myself out of ordering anything other than the Appetizer Caddy and Plates. I host shows in my mom's name all the time and I could eventually earn what I want for free.

I was so hoping for a Bamboo Package b/c I want ALL of the them NOW!

The open stock is getting better, I just wish it would get great! Of course, then I would find something else I wanted done differently. Are we ever completely satisfied? NO!:D

I don't like it. I use my stones all the time but I like how I can lay them flat in my drawers. I think if I had handles it would be only a matter of time before I broke them off.

I can't wait to see and hold the one with handles, but I don't know that I need one. I don't use my racks; I think I know where they are. I store most of my stones in their boxes. Started doing that before we owned a home, and haven't changed.

The book also says it does not take up more room? Can you tell me how it does not take up more room when it has handles coming off the side?

Last edited:
The only other problem that I have with it, is I like to use the round woven selections...but you would have to offset the handles so that you can carry the hot stone by the WS handles (the stone does fit in there, but doesn't leave enough room for your fingers to not get burned)

BethCooks4U said:
WTF is wrong with husbands?? I finally got my DH converted from those cookie sheets to a stone, but he refuses to use the rack and then whines when he has to squish a cookie to get a good grip on the stone. I am going to get one for my kitchen and give my almost black one to my SIL.

Ouch! I hadn't thought of that.

jrstephens said:
The book also says it does not take up more room? Can you tell me how it does not take up more room when it has handles coming off the side?
Maybe they are assuming that you are stacking the rounds in a drawer and the classic would still stack right on top? I have all my stones vertically in the stoneware holder so I will just have to be more careful to not break it shoving it in there!

LOL, I did not realize the racks go in the oven. I think I have 2 racks and will have to tell my husband this works, I bet he'll love the stoneware after that instead of tolerating it.

tlennhoff said:
LOL, I did not realize the racks go in the oven.
I think there are a lot of consultants and customers who don't realize that, which could be one reason for the stone with handles. ;)

1. Do I need the round stone with handles for baking?

Yes, the round stone with handles is a versatile and essential tool for baking. It helps to evenly distribute heat and create a crispy crust on your baked goods.

2. Can I use the round stone with handles for cooking other foods besides baked goods?

Absolutely! The round stone with handles can be used for cooking a variety of foods such as meats, vegetables, and even frozen foods.

3. How do I clean the round stone with handles?

The round stone with handles is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm water and a mild detergent. Avoid using harsh cleaners or scouring pads as they can damage the stone.

4. What are the benefits of using the round stone with handles?

The round stone with handles helps to evenly distribute heat, resulting in perfectly cooked and crispy food. It also eliminates the need for greasing or using parchment paper, making it a healthier option for cooking and baking.

5. Can I use the round stone with handles in the microwave?

No, the round stone with handles is not safe to use in the microwave. It is designed to be used in the oven or on the grill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • dancedivine