• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Surprising Superbowl Effect on Women at This Site

In summary, Diane was a female who was not a sports fan but who watched the Superbowl. There was almost no activity on the site during the Superbowl, but now that it's over there are several new threads and many old ones bumped. For the number of women who populate this site, and for the number of women who claim to not be sports fans, there was almost no activity up here during the Superbowl. Now that it's over, there are several new threads and many old ones bumped. Diane is from mayville, WI which is about 45 minutes away from the author.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
For the number of women who populate this site, and for the number of women who claim to not be sports fans, there was almost no activity up here during the Superbowl. Now that it's over, there are several new threads and many old ones bumped.

Who'da thunk it?

I'm from Indiana, so you KNOW I was watching the game!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
For the number of women who populate this site, and for the number of women who claim to not be sports fans, there was almost no activity up here during the Superbowl. Now that it's over, there are several new threads and many old ones bumped.

Who'da thunk it?
We were lookin for the commercials mostly:)

I'm from Wisconsin, rooting for the team from Indiana and was watching the game in Missouri. (While working, I might add.)How's that for multi-something-or-other.

I'm no sports fan at all but I do attend a Superbowl party every year!

I played World of Warcraft all day... no football for me!

I am a sports fan, but spent more time in here, and on the phone taking orders for my Super Bowl mystery host show. I didn't see any commercials...so thanks, KG, for the updates on tye good and bad commercials. Nascar starts really quick now.........and Football is pretty much done. Congrats to the colts, I guess.

Yep, I haven't been on here since early yesterday morning. Mostly to go to my nephew's 4th birthday party yesterday and get ready for today's superbowl party. We had a blast and ate way too much food (those Warm Chocolate Mini Cakes are AWESOME by the way!). Too bad the Bears didn't cooperate. I'm off to mourn.......:( (and clean up - yuck!)

There was a game today? Hmmm.. Hubs and I just watched some videos.

I watched the game, but I'm mostly about the commercials. My "breaks" were during the game itself- I didn't want to miss a commercial (we did record just in case).

There was a time, before kids, that I lived for Packer Sunday. Wouldn't miss a game and almost always had people over. I haven't watched an entire game in over six years. Maybe some day...

Diane

AJPratt said:
There was a game today? Hmmm.. Hubs and I just watched some videos.
Um, okay, sure. Whatever you say.

diane - where is wisconsin are you located?? you can send me private email if you don't want to post...............chris

I'm in Sussex. How about you?

Diane

I'm in mayville......about 45 minutes away from you!

Weirdly enough, my dh and I don't watch football on a regular basis but we ALWAYS watch the Superbowl and of course I watched the GATORS game when they kicked major A**!!!!!!:D :D :D

Hey, KGF! We gotta keep out DH's happy!:rolleyes: LOL

I was on here on and off when I wandered away - he's used to that.

Now if it was the PACKERS! I wouldn't have considered leaving the screen! Glad the Colts won!:D Sorry Bears fans - I just can't be for the Bears or VIkings.

pcchris said:
I'm in mayville......about 45 minutes away from you!

I know where that is. Cool! There are quite a few of us Wisconsinites on here. I'm going to PM you.

Diane

BethCooks4U said:
Hey, KGF! We gotta keep out DH's happy!:rolleyes: LOL

I was on here on and off when I wandered away - he's used to that.

Now if it was the PACKERS! I wouldn't have considered leaving the screen! Glad the Colts won!:D Sorry Bears fans - I just can't be for the Bears or VIkings.
You might want to go check out http://www.bearsstillsuck.com

There wasn't a game yesterday because the Packers weren't in it...but I admit I watched it and cheered for whoever played against the Bears!

Go Packers! ;)

HA!! Well, I am from Indiana, but I wasn't watching the game. I usually don't get on the computer much on the weekends. My husband says all I do during the day is sit at the computer (which is true!), so on the weekends I don't just to make him think that maybe he is wrong.

We had the game on...but we were more of stuffing our faces (with an awesome chocolate trifle plus millions of dips and ribs) ....and chatting...and watching our homegrown $1 pool to see who won.. (my 16 yr old nephew won the most - $20! haha)

I was answering the phone for my superbowl call in sale. Too busy to be on the computer. Plus, we were at friends house for the game.

My ex MIL (you may have seen her fly over your house last Halloween) hates football, and since she thinks the world revolves around her, eveyone else should hate football, too. In a discussion like this one, she would be making every other post telling us what a dumb game it is and how we're all wasting our time watching the game.She had no idea how dumb she looked to her friends on her Quixotic quest to wipe the NFL and NCAA from the face of the earth.(I just had to add that for those of you who don't like football and have, thankfully, remained quiet.)

We aren't sports fans at our house. My DH will be glad to join you in a game in the yard, but watch someone else play? Not his thing. We have, however, taped it so we can watch the commercials.

I had a PC show yesterday afternoon and by the time I got home and cleaned up and packed things away I was too tired to get out of my own way. I"m not a big sports fan and I can't remember the last time I saw a football game on tv. I was going to turn on the tv to at least watch the commercials but I didn't even do that.

Cheers

Gee, I was on here during the game. :)

I also had the game on (for commercials), but forgot to watch them. And then Dan went upstairs to do something, returned to the living room, looked at the TV and said, "It's over?" It had just ended and I didn't even know they were in the 4th quarter!

I don't care much for football but I know how to throw a party!!

I was at church and then came home and watched the game afterwards.

I LOVE football! Although, I am more into high school and college than NFL. I was wanting the Bears to win b/c I do NOT like Peyton Manning, but unfortanately my husband likes him, so, he has enjoyed ragging the mess out of me.

I can honestly say I was on here making KG misserable LOL. Seriously though, the game was over 2 hours sooner than DH thought and we packed up to drive home (which happens to be in another state than the one we watched the super bowl in) and managed to get home at 2 am and then up and out to work/school/appointments by 8 am. Did I mention I hate football?:eek:

I'm not a sports fan, but like many others, my hubby and I hosted a Super Bowl party, so I was busy entertaining people! Made the Hawaiian Pizza and gabbed while the guys watched the game.

Every time the guys yelled or cheered, my four-year old son would yell as well. But he kept yelling, "WHAT???" or "WHAT HAPPENED???" I had to giggle every time!

LOL. That's so funny. My husband's brother in law dressed his 1 year old in a bears cheerleader outfit for the entire game......didn't help them any though!;) I made the BLT pizza and the Hot Pizza Dip...both went over really well especially since it was the first time I've ever done them.

gilliandanielle said:
I don't care much for football but I know how to throw a party!!
So I've heard. ;)
jrstephens said:
I was at church and then came home and watched the game afterwards.

I LOVE football! Although, I am more into high school and college than NFL. I was wanting the Bears to win b/c I do NOT like Peyton Manning, but unfortanately my husband likes him, so, he has enjoyed ragging the mess out of me.
Hey, Cousin Archie's kid, Peyton, did alright. Anyone named Manning can't be all bad - even those two guys who play for Da Bearse.

I guess Indy Manning¹ > Chicago Manning²

pampermeplease said:
I can honestly say I was on here making KG misserable LOL. Seriously though, the game was over 2 hours sooner than DH thought and we packed up to drive home (which happens to be in another state than the one we watched the super bowl in) and managed to get home at 2 am and then up and out to work/school/appointments by 8 am. Did I mention I hate football?:eek:
Not half as much as Jefferson City did.

I'm glad to be moving on!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views