• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Best Self-Help Books: Reviews of 'Build It Big' & More!

I think. I got the book & the workbook.Come to think of it I'm almost sure thats how I got the book. I went to Amazon to look for Doris' knowing they would have it on CD & they were having some kind of special, I think buy 1 get 1 free or half off...I think. I got the book & the workbook.
heat123
Silver Member
Ok so who has it and recommends it? One of my resolutions to myself was to start reading more (for entertaiment and self help) and thought about getting this one. If you have read it do you give it a thumbs up? Or what other books do you recommend for (self help/motivational)? Thanks!

I have it, read like the 1st chapter & could not get into it. BUT it IS in the top 5 of those kind of books. I'm not really a reader anyway, I've got Doris' on CDs & listen all the time. If you want mine email me your info & I'll give it to you....:D

I have both books and highly recommend them. I purchased the books b/4 I signed up as a consultant (less than a month ago). I probably wouldn't have signed without those books and this website...

Both? Which is the other? Is it just more in depth of the first?

Thanks Ginger my friend I will email ya!

I have both books (Build it Big and More Build it Big) plus the workbook. I would recommend them to anyone who is in the DS business, particularly my recruits. Both books contain individual essays of persons in the business touching on sales, recruiting, personal and professional development, goal setting, etc. Easy read, short essays, can start anywhere in the book, find what you need at any given moment.

Build It Big and More Build It Big. The second is more in depth, different perspectives from more people.

My upline director really recommends the "Build it Big". Mainly because she and her son have an article in it. Her last name is Eisler (I'm not sure what her son's name is).

She also recommends "The Magic of Thinking Big" by Dr. David J. Schwartz and "Start Late Finish Rich" by David Bach. The Bach book mentions PC directly. On page 215. It talks about direct sales being a gold mine for saving money and says that the Pampered Chef is the best one out there!! How cool is that?!

Hope that helps!

Thanks Chef Kearns- Susan is it? Do you happen to mean Shan Eisler? IF so she is my upline Director as well! I think I heard of that Bach book and his mentioning of TPC in it. I may have to pick up some literature this year! Thanks for the suggestions!

Yes, Shan Eisler is my upline. Check out her website for more information on books she recommends to build your business. She is a wealth of information.

Chef Kearns said:
Yes, Shan Eisler is my upline. Check out her website for more information on books she recommends to build your business. She is a wealth of information.
Yes, I agree, her website is awesome and full of a ton of info! I love looking on there.:)

Definitely read Doris' book if you haven't yet, Heather! It's so inspiring. I even recommended my sister read it because she's trying to start up her own accupuncture/Chinese Medicine practice in WA. Even though they're very different types of business, I think Doris' business eye is right on! Obviously since she's built this amazing company.:D

great business booksI haven't read build it big but I have read Magic of Thinking Big and it is great. I have read several others in the quixtar businness. part of their business support materials I bought. like rich dad poor dad,who moved my cheese and reject me i love it are all good books. and my favorite Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway. good for applying it to the phones we all don't like.

Ginger...where did you get Doris' book on CD? I would love to have that so I can listen while I work and drive. I just don't have time to read anymore. I always get interupted. Normally if I find something I like, I start it late in the evening and stay up all night till it is finished...and then I am exhausted the next day.

Shawnna said:
Ginger...where did you get Doris' book on CD? I would love to have that so I can listen while I work and drive. I just don't have time to read anymore. I always get interupted. Normally if I find something I like, I start it late in the evening and stay up all night till it is finished...and then I am exhausted the next day.

Come to think of it I'm almost sure thats how I got the book. I went to Amazon to look for Doris' knowing they would have it on CD & they were having some kind of special, I think buy 1 get 1 free or half off or something like that because I know I did not pay full price for Build It Big.

forgot oneI forgot one of the best books for working with different people. Personality Plus by Florence Littauer. It tell you all about the personalities and how to get along with all of them. And where you fit in on the scale.

poohritz said:
I forgot one of the best books for working with different people. Personality Plus by Florence Littauer. It tell you all about the personalities and how to get along with all of them. And where you fit in on the scale.

I have that one autographed. :) It's from my previous life as a rep with another company.

Related to Discover the Best Self-Help Books: Reviews of 'Build It Big' & More!

1. What is the main focus of "Build It Big" and why is it recommended?

"Build It Big" by Direct Selling Education Foundation focuses on personal and professional development for individuals in the direct selling industry. It is recommended for its practical advice and inspiring stories from successful entrepreneurs.

2. Are there any other self-help books recommended in this review?

Yes, "Discover the Best Self-Help Books" also reviews "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen R. Covey, "You Are a Badass" by Jen Sincero, "Girl, Wash Your Face" by Rachel Hollis, and "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle.

3. Is "Build It Big" only applicable to direct selling industry professionals?

No, the principles and techniques discussed in "Build It Big" can be applied to any business or individual looking to improve their personal and professional growth.

4. Are there any downsides to "Discover the Best Self-Help Books"?

While the reviews are well-written and informative, some readers may find that the book selection is limited and does not cover a wide range of self-help topics.

5. Can I purchase "Discover the Best Self-Help Books" through Pampered Chef?

No, "Discover the Best Self-Help Books" is not available for purchase through Pampered Chef. It can be found at major book retailers or online.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tina Berger
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tina Berger
  • ChefinHarmony
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
soonerchef
  • linda9393