• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reviews of "Build It Big" and "Idiots Guide to Party Plan Selling

In summary, "Build It Big" by DSWA and "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Party Plan Selling" by Karen Phelps are two popular books on direct sales and party plan selling, respectively. While "Build It Big" seems to be a comprehensive guide with practical tips and strategies, "The Complete Idiot's Guide" has mixed reviews and may be more suitable for those new to direct sales. Ultimately, it's important to do some research and decide which book aligns with your specific needs and goals.
Cookingfool
Has anyone used the books "Build It Big" or "Complete Idiots Guide to Party Plan Selling"? I have plenty of background in Direct Sales, but am always looking for new ideas. I am trying to decide which one I would like to buy, and was wondering if anyone has used either one.

I've read:
-Lemonaid Lady's Presentations for Profits which I thought was very good. The rest of her books are geared towards people who have absolutely no marketing skills at all -- I bought a few and returned them. Since my background is in marketing/pr I tend to shy away from the "beginner" books in basic direct sales. If you have no sales or marketing experience, definately check out the Lemonaid Lady's other books.

-Build it Big and More Build it Big -- Both very good with a ton of ideas.

-Belinda Ellsworth Chef Success website has a ton of articles that I found useful.

-I've read both of of Gitomer's recent books (Red book on sales and black book on referrals) They are okay -- a bit repetitive but maybe that's why by the end I thought I knew it all! :)

I'd love to hear other people's suggestions -- I have a $100 Barnes & Noble Gift Card burning a hole in my wallet!

I have not personally used either of these books, but I did some research on them and found some reviews from others who have read them."Build It Big" by Direct Selling Women's Alliance (DSWA) seems to be highly recommended by those in the direct sales industry. Many reviewers mentioned that it is an easy read with practical tips and strategies for growing a successful direct sales business. Some also mentioned that it covers a wide range of topics, from booking parties to recruiting team members.On the other hand, "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Party Plan Selling" by Karen Phelps seems to have mixed reviews. Some readers found it to be a helpful resource with tips and tricks for party plan selling, while others felt that it was too basic and didn't offer anything new or unique.Ultimately, it may depend on your personal preferences and what you are looking to gain from the book. If you are looking for a comprehensive guide on direct sales, "Build It Big" seems to be a popular choice. However, if you specifically want advice on party plan selling, "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Party Plan Selling" may be a better fit. I would recommend reading some more reviews and possibly even flipping through both books to see which one resonates with you more.

Related to Reviews of "Build It Big" and "Idiots Guide to Party Plan Selling

What are the main topics covered in "Build It Big" and "Idiots Guide to Party Plan Selling"?

The two books cover topics related to direct sales and party plan selling. "Build It Big" focuses on strategies for growing a successful direct sales business, while "Idiots Guide to Party Plan Selling" delves into the specifics of hosting successful party plan events.

Are the books suitable for both beginners and experienced direct sales professionals?

Yes, both "Build It Big" and "Idiots Guide to Party Plan Selling" are suitable for individuals at all levels of experience in direct sales. They provide valuable insights and tips for beginners, as well as advanced strategies for experienced professionals looking to take their business to the next level.

Do the books offer practical advice and actionable steps?

Yes, both books offer practical advice and actionable steps that readers can implement in their direct sales business. They provide specific examples and tips that can be applied to various types of products and businesses.

Are there any success stories or testimonials included in the books?

Yes, both "Build It Big" and "Idiots Guide to Party Plan Selling" include success stories and testimonials from individuals who have implemented the strategies and tips outlined in the books. These stories offer real-life examples of how the techniques discussed can lead to success in the direct sales industry.

Do the books cover the use of technology and social media in direct sales?

Yes, both books touch on the use of technology and social media in direct sales. They provide tips on how to effectively use these tools to reach a wider audience and grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• slapsappyhappy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janezapchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nascarcooker
  • JWorks