• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dipped Strawberries From Chocolate Velvet Cake Recipe

In summary, the conversation was about a host wanting to make dipped strawberries to go with a strawberry cream trifle recipe for her show. However, she had trouble with the chocolate being too thin and runny. Some suggestions were made to use more chocolate chips or try a specific dipping chocolate from the supermarket. The host ended up using milk chocolate morsels and they tasted great, but stuck to the plate. A different, foolproof recipe was offered to the host if she wanted to try it.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
I am doing a strawberry cream trifle recipe at my show tonight, and wanted to give the guests a treat w/ dipped strawberries on a platter to go with it. I tried the dipped strawberry recipe from the CVC recipe- it came out so thin and runny, I don't think it'll work! Has anyone else tried it? (I want to do them ahead of time, put them in the refrigerator, then break them out for bites just before everyone is heads to the living room to sit and look at catalogs, etc...)

This type of chocolate mixture doesn't really harden up I've found. I've now made it a few times and I put more chocolate chips than ice cream to thicken it up a little so there aren't pools of chocolate under my dipped strawberries. You could try that, but then again it doesn't really harden like the choc covered strawberries you can buy places. Good luck!

If you go to the supermarket Baker's Chocolate makes dipping chocolate in a container (you microwave it in a container). Comes in Milk or Dark. Its great!

Yes, Becky is right this type of chocolate is more the drippy kind, won't harden.

HTH

So at the show last night, I used the milk chocolate morsels the host bought, (without adding any ice cream) and nuked them in the microwave at 20 sec. intervals, dipped the strawberries, put them on a plate, and threw them in the fridge. They stuck to the plate!!! It was OK, the guests were really relaxed and picked them off, but next time, I'll put them on waxed paper!!!
PS- they tasted wonderful!

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear that the dipped strawberry recipe from the CVC recipe didn't turn out as expected. I haven't personally tried that recipe, but I do have a foolproof one that I use all the time for my shows. I would be happy to share it with you if you'd like. It's super easy and always turns out perfectly. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send it over to you. Best of luck with your show tonight!

1. How do I make the chocolate velvet cake for the dipped strawberries?

To make the chocolate velvet cake, you will need 1 box of chocolate cake mix, 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1/2 cup water, and 4 eggs. Follow the instructions on the cake mix box, but replace the water with sour cream and add an additional egg for a richer and denser cake. Bake according to package instructions and let it cool completely before using in the dipped strawberries recipe.

2. Can I use fresh strawberries for this recipe?

Yes, you can use fresh strawberries for this recipe. Make sure to wash and dry them thoroughly before dipping them in the chocolate. It's also important to use ripe strawberries that are firm and not too soft, as they will hold up better when dipped in the chocolate.

3. What type of chocolate should I use for the dipped strawberries?

You can use either milk chocolate or dark chocolate for this recipe, depending on your preference. You can also use chocolate chips or chocolate melting wafers specifically designed for dipping. Just make sure to use good quality chocolate for the best flavor and smooth consistency.

4. How do I make sure the chocolate doesn't seize when melting?

To prevent the chocolate from seizing, make sure to use a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Stir the chocolate constantly while melting and remove it from the heat as soon as it is fully melted.

5. How can I make the dipped strawberries look more festive?

You can add some extra decoration to the dipped strawberries by drizzling them with white chocolate or sprinkling them with crushed nuts, sprinkles, or edible glitter. You can also use a toothpick to make swirls or designs in the melted chocolate before dipping the strawberries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • babywings76