• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Diet Buddies Wanted: Join Our Support Group for Recipes and Tips!

just wasn't able to stick with it. SparksPeople has been really helpful in getting me back on track! Congratulations on your success! I have been following WW for a little over a year now and I have lost about 25 pounds. It's been really hard to maintain, but I am glad that I have been able to stick with it. WW is a great program and I recommend it to anyone that is looking to lose weight.
jenniferlynne
Ok, I know a bunch of this were going to do this awhile back. I was going to set up an email distribution list so we could email each other and support each other, share recipes and tips. I got very busy with shows and kind of dropped the ball. I'm ready to get back on it and see who, if anyone, is still interested.

Also, for those of you who like Weight Watchers, you can sign up at www.weightwatchers.com/free and get a one week free trial offer.

jenniferlynne said:
Ok, I know a bunch of this were going to do this awhile back. I was going to set up an email distribution list so we could email each other and support each other, share recipes and tips. I got very busy with shows and kind of dropped the ball. I'm ready to get back on it and see who, if anyone, is still interested.

Also, for those of you who like Weight Watchers, you can sign up at www.weightwatchers.com/free and get a one week free trial offer.

Thanks for the info, I Am/Was a lifetime member, but quit smoking...:D /:( So now I dont know what I'm considered....:confused:

Congratulations on quitting smoking!!! I've seen friends go through that and it was hard for them. As a matter of fact, just a week ago a friend of mine that I hadn't seen for a few months had quit since the last time I saw her. She said she couldn't believe how much better she felt. Her husband is down to just one pack a week, but just can't seem to let go of those couple a day. I wish he would. They have two kids, and the poor kids are being forced to breath that stuff everyday.

If you want a good diet webpage go to sparkpeople.com and sign up...it's absolutely free. Use Pamperedtraci as a referral please. I am not an my diet anymore...once the baby arrives, I will go back on it!

Good luck!

I gave it up for 2 reasons, 1 because I REALLY was sick of them & the 2nd because my DH had a quad Bypass, so to support him I decided to quit together...;)

This is too crazy!I just saw this thread a few minute ago & it totally caught my attention. I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting last night & I am so excited to do it. I chose the flex plan instead of the core plan and I am reallly motivated!

I've done WW a million times and just never stick with it. I do really good when I go to the meetings, I just can't afford it right now. It's cheaper to join online, so I thought maybe if I do that and get me some buddies on here, maybe I can stick with it!!

I do the flex too. I would rather eat smaller portions of anything, then only be able to eat certain things.

I am so glad this thread got started. I LOVE the Core plan and have lost over 20 lbs on that program. It how I got into my wedding dress. Unfortuantely I still need to lose another 40-50 lbs. I am doing the monthly pass program so I get unlimited meetings a month plus all online activity for about 40 a month. That's cheaper than just going to local meetings.

What is Spark people??? Tell me more

I have been reading Intuitive Eating - It's a good book but makes me nervious

Sparkpeople.com is a website dedicated to the dieter. It helps you count your calories, gives you a diet journal and is a lot like chef success for your diet!! It's completly FREE! That's what drew me in! It has a ton of resources and recipes and exercise plans for your body and diet type. If nothing else, just check it out!

Another free site!!There is also another site called Dotti's Weight Loss Zone. She has the Weight Watchers points figured for almost everything!!!

www.dwlz.com

She also has a free newsletter as well as a message board.

pamperedtraci said:
If you want a good diet webpage go to sparkpeople.com and sign up...it's absolutely free. Use Pamperedtraci as a referral please. I am not an my diet anymore...once the baby arrives, I will go back on it!

Good luck!

LOVE SparksPeople.com.

I started after my birthday in January and so far, have released 15 pounds into the universe, never to return!

SparksPeople.com is a site that allows you to track your food, exercise and goals. Basically the key to weight loss is eating less and moving more. I know alot of people have success with WW, I did years ago and became a liftetime member back in 1993. Over the years I have been back to WW, but when the flex points/core thing came about, I didn't work for me. Now I know it's just a matter of calories in, calories out. And finally, carbs are now my friend! I want to needlepoint a pillow with the words "whole wheat is neat!"

Turning 50 was a HUGE motivator for me. My plan is to release 18 additional pounds. I like to think of myself as now more compact!

If anyone has any questions about Sparkspeople.com, email me or private message me and I would be happy to go on and on about it.

Off to my treadmill.

Jennifer, I too am a frequent WW-er. I made lifetime 3 yrs ago but keep slipping. And I love Dotti's! I post on the 30s board on there.

I am a drop out WW-er myself!! :rolleyes: As I sit here eating GIRL SCOUTS COOKIES!!:eek:

can we post recipes from the S/B on other sites?

Ginger428 said:
I gave it up for 2 reasons, 1 because I REALLY was sick of them & the 2nd because my DH had a quad Bypass, so to support him I decided to quit together...;)
Umm, Ginger my freind, I saw your pic, why do you need WW?????:confused: You look skinny to me!!!:D

I quit smoking a little over a year ago. YAHOOOOOOO!! I am so glad I did, except that I gained so much weight. I actually found out that I have emphyzema (sp) right after I quit smoking as well as some other health problems. I have never really been good at the group thing when it comes to losing weight. I tried it with the quitting smoking a long time ago and it was worse than trying to quit alone. I guess I could try this though. I will definetly check out the other web sites.

I am one of those ppl that "look" skinny and technically, I'm only 7 lbs above the top end of the range for my height. I've just learned to hide it well unfortuantely!

I try to do the WW Core program and then I use my points for going out to dinner or sampling PC recipes

I've been through WW twice. It's funny - my trainer has advised me not to join up just yet because of the transition my body is going through by doing my intense workouts with her. I was so happy to learn that I went from 36% body fat in January to 24.5% in February!!!! I can't wait to see what happens after another 6 sessions. They want to measure it again. Keep going down.

Wow Jason, that is great! What's your secret? What kind of workouts?

Funny you should mention this -- I just signed up with WW online TODAY!! I did WW about 10 years ago, lost 10 lb., quit dieting, and to make a long story short, have gained about 40 lbs... I'm doing the flex plan too. I like the online tools they have now. I think it will make it easier.

lisacb77 said:
Wow Jason, that is great! What's your secret? What kind of workouts?

I am in the intense weight training stage now. They use a lot of free weights and crunches. They have a really good set-up and we alternate exercises so I am not working the same muscle everytime. If it wasn't for the trainer, I would never have gotten this far. It is expensive, but for me it is worth the money. I ma hoping to drop 40 lbs by August before I leave for my cruise.

heat123 said:
Umm, Ginger my freind, I saw your pic, why do you need WW?????:confused: You look skinny to me!!!:D
and jenniferlynn...you dont need a diet...maybe just some laser hair removal though...you are starting to look a little money-ish!

I joined Sparkpeople.com yesterday. I am LOVING it. I am not limited by what I eat. I am given calorie/fat/carb/protien ranges and I just have to eat in them.
I have chick-fil-a with fries last night and it was fine! Just eat a balanced diet and exercise! And there are great support groups on there.

I want to loose weight, & I don't eat horribly but I need to excersise more. I have been getting up a little earlier and starting the firm DVDs that I have. I just need to stay motivated!!

Thanks for starting this thread!!:)

I am going to walk across stage & I want to look GOOD!

I am going to maui at the end of September & I want to look GOOD

I am on my 4th week w/ WW. I am doing the flex plan and have lost 11 lbs. so far. I am doing the montly pass and love it so far. My first mini goal was to lose babyweight from my son born in Jan. and I have accomplished that so now I am onto my next goal- get rid of babyweight from my 21 month old son. I have 20 lbs. for that goal and then I am going to get rid of my weight that I packed on from DH, about 25lbs. for that. I'm almost at my 10% for WW, but I am more concerned w/ my individual goals. Maybe we need a thread that we post ONLY WW friendly reciepes and food/snack ideas. We would have to include the point values along w/ the receipe. What do you think??

I'm on WW right now and I need to go to meetings and I am on the boards constantly....I require lots of suppot! haha so far I have lost 25 lbs and I have a ways to go but I know I can do it. :) And all of those other websites are helpful too!

Let's keep this thread going - I went to a meeting today. It had been a few weeks. Gained a little back but I am ready to get going again

pamperedalf said:
I want to loose weight, & I don't eat horribly but I need to excersise more. I have been getting up a little earlier and starting the firm DVDs that I have. I just need to stay motivated!!

I absolutly love the firm videos. Those are the workouts I am doing right now. Which ones do you have??

Kathytnt said:
Let's keep this thread going - I went to a meeting today. It had been a few weeks. Gained a little back but I am ready to get going again

At least you are still at it Kathy! I am happy to report in a month (2/9-3/9) I lost a little over 5 inches off my body...now that's say an inch off the hips etc. but that definitely helps when the scale doesn't move as much!

How's everyone else doing?

I like to pull out the tape measure when the scale isn't moving to get a little pick me up

You are doing great Lisa!

Weight Watchers has been the best diet plan for me. I joined at work in mid-July 2006 and as of my weigh in on Tues. I have lost a total of 52.5 pounds so far! I am two pounds until I am finally under 200 pounds! (My goal is to get down to 170 or so.)I am on the Flex program. With my lifestyle I feel Core would be too difficult. I like eating whole grains too much!I am starting to fit into my size 12 "goal" jeans ... I wore a 12 in high school! Maybe I can get down to a size 10. Lol. When I was at my heaviest I wore a size 20-22. That was really bad. Looking back I can't believe how much I hated myself by eating and eating.
People look at me different these days ... when I wear properly fitting clothes (most of my stuff is still too big. I wear 14s and 16s ... 12s are still a little uncomfortable). One coworker said they didn't know how much weight I really lost because I was hiding it! LOL. The bad thing is that a lot of times when I look at myself I still see fat Tena and not the slimmer Tena. I wonder how I can change that around mentally.

Thanks Kathy. I just hope the scale moves this week the right way! I still have about 12 lbs to lose before Hawaii in June!

Tena,

Way to go! I just joined WW last month and have lost 8 pounds so far. I go to my meeting tomorrow and am hoping for another pound or two. My goal is to lose a total of 60 lbs. I've really let myself go and have gained about 10 lbs just in the last year (one of the bad parts of PC!) If I reach my goal I will be at my goal weight and actually weigh less than I did in college. I'm turning 40 next year and I want ot reach my goal weight before then.

Thanks for starting this thread and good luck to everyone in reaching their goals.

I started doing Core to get into the too small wedding dress I purchase - Wohoo It worked. I have stabilized and kept off about 25 lbs. I had gastric bypass surgery 9 years ago and was originally 310+ lbs.

I can eat way more than you would ever think a person who had surgery could eat. I can't call it a failed surgery because I have lost over 120 lbs and kept it off.

I just walked 8 miles - Training for a my second half-marathon in May I did my first 2 years ago.

Still need to drop about 40-50 more lbs.

I had my first weigh-in yesterday and lost 2.5 lbs. Yeah! I know it's not much, but it's a start. I would like to lose about 40-50 lbs. altogether.

1. What is the purpose of the support group?

The support group is for individuals who are looking for a community to share recipes, tips, and provide support on their weight loss journey.

2. How do I join the support group?

You can join the support group by signing up for the email distribution list or by visiting our website and signing up for our free trial offer with Weight Watchers.

3. Is there a fee to join the support group?

No, there is no fee to join the support group. It is completely free for anyone who wants to participate.

4. Will I have access to recipes and tips if I join the support group?

Yes, the support group is a great resource for sharing and receiving new recipes and tips from others who are also on a weight loss journey.

5. Is the support group affiliated with Weight Watchers?

No, the support group is not affiliated with Weight Watchers. However, we do encourage our members to sign up for a free trial offer with Weight Watchers for additional support and resources.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
buckeyefan08