1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Did you know cards

1. kjxon

kjxon Member

Does anyone do the Did you know cards at their shows? I still don't understand how to do them.

Jan 31, 2006
  2. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

There's really not much to doing them. Simply pass them out to the guests and call on them to read one or two during the 'slow' parts of the show (or when you're trying to remember what's next in the recipe - ha!). It prevents downtime and keeps the crowd involved. I use the Riddle Cards (located in the Files section), and forgot all about the Did You Know Cards. I think I may break them out for this weekend. Although there are 24 cards on the attached. You won't want to use all of them at one show, and be sure to have some general tip cards, recruiting info cards, and hosting a show cards mixed up.

Attached Files:

Jan 31, 2006
  3. bbauman07

bbauman07 Veteran Member Gold Member

Thanks for posting these. What a great Idea. Another one to add to the shows!!!!!! :)

Feb 1, 2006
  4. kimmers

kimmers Member

Very Cool. So do you just have them pick one or do you pass them out? and if you pass them out, when do you do that? I must be having my daily blonde moment :p , cause I just ain't getting it. :confused:

Feb 1, 2006
  5. rwesterpchef

Kim,
    Matter of preferrence, I suppose; but I pass mine out and hand it to them as I am handing them their folder/catalog/pen. I usually have some pre-determined order and if I want a certain person to receive a certain card, I have them on the bottom and deal from the bottom of the deck to that certain person.

Baumann,
    Your welcome. Enjoy and Happy Selling!

Feb 1, 2006
  6. kimmers

kimmers Member

Thanks Rita.

Feb 1, 2006
  7. Swirl

Swirl Member

Rita....I was just curious to what the riddle cards are? I tried searching files but nothing came up. Would love to see them if anybody has them. Thanks!!

Feb 1, 2006
  8. rwesterpchef

Riddle Cards and Did You Know Cards

Check out http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?p=2448#post2448, post #10

It has the attachment, how to create them and the explaination of how I use them at the show.

As for your search effort, I don't know where you went wrong. I just went to Files, and for the name, typed Riddle*
    Pulled up just fine. Sorry

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
    Feb 1, 2006
  9. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

Great Cards

Rita,

I really like this idea and the did you knows are great. But isn't a tomato a fruit, not a vegatable? At least that is what we were also taught in the community I live in.

Feb 1, 2006
  10. rwesterpchef

Tomatos / Tomatoes, Fruit / Veggie, hmm?

Botanists (scientists who study plants) classify the tomato (Lycopericon esculentum)technically as a berry, which in a scientific sense, is a simple fruit. But horticulturists (people who cultivate plants) and the United States Department of Agriculture, in its bulletins and reports, classify the tomato as a vegetable.

On May 10, 1893, the United States Supreme Court ruled that the tomato is a vegetable and, as such, is subject to import taxes under the United States Tariff Act of 1883. The Tariff Act imposed taxes on imported vegetables but not on fruits.

Sources include:
    http://science.enotes.com/science-fact-finder/tomato-fruit-vegetable
    http://www.solutions.uiuc.edu/content.cfm?series=4&item=514&Parents=0|67
    http://www.howstuffworks.com/question143.htm

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  11. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

Great Info

Rita,

Thanks for the info. It is so funny that living in the San Joaquin Valley, central california, which is a heavy ag area, and specifically tomatoes, that although when you first think of a tomato you think veggie, every teacher/farmer whatever when I was growing up, always corrected you "it's a fruit" they would say. You would think if they were being taxes since the 1800 as the basis it is a veggie, none of us would even know technically if is a fruit!

Anyway, I am just commenting. thanks again for the great sources.

Feb 1, 2006
Have something to add?