• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a 'Why' Bag for Your Pampered Chef Show

In summary, a "why bag" is a tool used in direct sales to represent and remind consultants of the reasons why they sell a certain product or work for a particular company. It can contain items or pictures that symbolize personal goals, achievements, and motivations. Some suggestions for items to include are pictures of family, credit cards, travel-related objects, and toys that represent flexibility, me-time, and fun. The purpose of the why bag is to help consultants stay motivated and also to spark interest in potential recruits by sharing personal stories and connections to the business.
jenniferlynne
Do any of you all take a "Why" bag to your shows? My Director wants us to make one. She said you take index cards and glue things on them that represent why you sell PC. For instance, you could have a picture of your family, a credit card you paid off, a car, a house.....whatever!! You put these in the bag and then pass it around and your shows and have everyone take a card out. Then everyone has to guess what the meaning of the card is. I want to make one, but I want it to look nice and I am so not crafty. Anyone know where I can find a really nice box or bag that is already made up, or and idea of something easy enough that even I could do? I'm clueless when it comes to making something unless it is made of food :p

we did a version of this at one of my meetings last year. We used real objects though. toy car, boat, plane (travel or car payment) rubberband=flexibility, nailpolish=me time, pictures of family, creidt card. Basically anything that represents what your business means to you. I have taken mine to one show... It just didn't fit for me. But it was a really good exercise to get me team really thinking about what they really want out of this business

There was a thread on this a while ago, so if you're interested in looking for ideas for it, maybe do a search for "why bag" and see what comes up.:)

I do a Why Bag, but I put actual objects in it. Having pictures of things is good too...especially for big items. I'm the one that tells what each object is and how it relates to why I am a consultant, but I've toyed with the idea of passing the bag around and having the guests take out the item and guess how it relates to my business. That could make it pretty funny!

Here's a really quick run-down of what's in my bag:
--it's actually in a grocery bag and I have a LLLOOONNNNG grocery receipt: I get to write off the majority of my grocery bills due to practicing recipes!
--a plastic Easter egg: this job has helped me come out of my shell
--picture of my kids: it allows me to stay home
--die cut picture of a yellow school bus: when my son starts kindergarten next year, I'll be able to see him on and off the school bus thanks to PC
--luggage tag and little cruise ship toy: potential to earn TRIPS!! I talk about mine to date.
--rubberband: VERY flexible business
--credit card: (like the millions that come in the mail) you can pay down any debt with commission checks
--little hotwheels car: have a car payment with just 4-5 (or less!) nights/days out of the house per month
--the little light-up toy and tamborine we've gotten at conference for being on track/earning trips: these toys are FUN!! And that's what this business is to me - FUN!:D
--a "Girls Night Out" cute candle set: this is a way for me to get out of the house, have something for myself, have a break and interact with adults
--golf ball: my hubby is a golf NUT, so I support his major golf addiction with the income I bring in...it makes it easier financially for him to golf at LEAST once a week throughout the spring/summer/sometimes fall (I always joke maybe it's NOT a good thing that I support his addiction):eek:
--a little metal board with those alphabet letter magnets spelling out my last name GOSAIN. IT's pronounced go-sane. I explain how this job keeps me sane!! That way people also can remember my last name better...hopefully.:)

So, that's my why bag. I always love hearing others' ideas. I hope this was helpful! I definitely recommend a Why Bag. I personally do it at the end of my shows before I hand out the drawing slip. I really feel the interest in the oppty has increased since I started doing this. You can stick it in wherever you'd like in your show!:)

I might have to try this...I want like crazy to recruit, and I have 2, but they just come to me randomly. I don't feel like they're interested because I brought it up, but that they're interested because they have been thinking about it before...I LOVE LOVE LOVE PC and want to share it with everyone. I think sometimes I might be a little TOO excited...

speedychef said:
I might have to try this...I want like crazy to recruit, and I have 2, but they just come to me randomly. I don't feel like they're interested because I brought it up, but that they're interested because they have been thinking about it before...I LOVE LOVE LOVE PC and want to share it with everyone. I think sometimes I might be a little TOO excited...
I say try it!! It's fun and it's a good way to get the message out there how much you LOVE it! Your enthusiasm came through just in your post, so I'm sure it'll be contagious if you try something like this. Just think of some fun objects to put in there that relate to why you love it so much. When I first started doing it, I felt a little weird. So, I started out by saying "Here's something I just started doing at shows and since it's kind of a new thing to me, I wanted to see what you guys think about this..." I bet people will love it and think it's cute! You'll have to let us know how it goes.:)

Oh wow!! Thank you so much for all those great ideas!!!! I must have missed the why bag thread the first time it was on here. I will look it up! Thanks again!

I have a
Slinky- for flexibilty
a baby spoon- to show how PC can bring your family to the table with wonderful recipes and tools..
a rubber scoccer ball- Now i don't have to miss my sons scoccer games or any other sport.
Hilly billy teeth- I say that PC helped me get my visaliners so now my teeth don't look like this any more and I can smile big and be proud.
Just some of what I use.

I have a lot of what y'all have... I also have a picture of me and a friend to talk about all the friend's I have made. I have a baby doll that I say some people do PC to stay home with their kids and then as I throw the baby back in the bag, I say "and some do PC to get a night away from their kids." That always gets a laugh. I also pull out a leopard print bra at the end and say "last, but not least, even though I am in business for myself, I am not in business by myself. I have a great team of people supporting me." :)

Does anyone know where the thread was awhile back on this very subject? I have been doing a search for "why bag" and I have had no luck.

Becky, I LOVE IT!! I love having a visual since I'm a visual person as well! I think you may have inspired me!!!:D Thank you !

I have also heard of putting a very large bra in the bag to stand for the large of amount of support we receive in Pampered Chef. I am thinking that a certificate in the bag would be nice as well to show the amount of recognition that we receive:)

I put a training bra of my daughter's in my why bag (for the funny part) and when I pull it out...I say, "I obviously could not fit mine in this little bag so I had to borrow my daughter's. It represents all the training that you want or all the support that you get from everyone in this business." I always get a lot of laughs on that one. Of course, if it's a more serious crowd, you may not choose to pull that one out! I pull the things out....I don't pass them around. I have a ring, an airplane, my conference name tag, a $100 in monopoly money and a picture of my family and also a baseball pic of my son. (representing more family time)

What is a 'Why' Bag and why is it important for my Pampered Chef show?

A 'Why' Bag is a collection of products that you personally use and love from Pampered Chef. It is important because it allows you to share your genuine excitement and passion for the products with your customers, making them more likely to purchase them.

How do I choose which products to include in my 'Why' Bag?

Choose products that you personally use and love in your own kitchen. These could be your go-to items for cooking or entertaining, or products that have made a big impact on your daily routine. The key is to choose products that you can speak about with confidence and enthusiasm.

Do I need to purchase all the products in my 'Why' Bag?

No, you do not need to purchase all the products in your 'Why' Bag. It is recommended to have at least 3-5 products, but you can have more or less depending on what works for you. You can also borrow products from your upline or borrow them from the host of the show.

How do I incorporate my 'Why' Bag into my Pampered Chef show?

During your show, you can introduce your 'Why' Bag and briefly share why you love each product. You can also use the products in a demonstration or have them out for guests to see and try. Make sure to mention that these are your personal favorites and why they are important to you.

Can I update my 'Why' Bag for each Pampered Chef show?

Yes, you can update your 'Why' Bag for each show. As you try new products or your preferences change, feel free to switch out items in your 'Why' Bag. This will keep your presentation fresh and show your customers that you are constantly using and loving the products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jess_K
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jess_K
Replies
Views
lissahope26
  • Jules711
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies