• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Recruiting Game: Tips for Creating a Winning Why Bag

In summary, this woman is trying to put together her "why" bag for her upcoming cooking show, and is asking for suggestions. She includes items such as a bra, credit cards, picture of her kids, and commission check. She also includes a Starbucks cup and a picture of her remodeling project. She advises people to use whatever makes them feel comfortable and to be careful not to offend anyone.
bestchefbear
Hi Everyone:

I'm trying to put together my why bag, and I need some suggestions.

So far I have:

Bra - For the support I receive
Elastic Band - For the Flexibility of hours
$50.00 Playing Cards - For the Money I'm making
Heart - For the love of the product
Little Red Car - the new purchase I made for my Pampered chef Business

Any other ideas?

This is to play at a cooking show. You pass the bag around, and as they pull things out of the bag, you explain their meaning. All has to do with your "recruiting commercial" of your show. Adds lots of fun and laughter to your show.

If you do a search there are several thread on here about the Why Bag.

Those look good!

My "tips" that I give to folks making these are
(1) make them unique to YOU...if you take something from someone else and try to make it work for you, it may not go over well. and
(2) keep it to FIVE or less items...otherwise it's just too many and folks will get bored and not want to listen!

What would be something cute to put for "my own boss" like my Director uses a stuffed Bee, and says shes the "queen bee" Really cute, but i dono.
OK this what i have for My why bag:
Cut up Credit Cards(paying off bills)
My job's name tag(goal to quit my job one day)
Cooking for Dummies picture(PC has taught me how to cook)
Straw (flexability)
Ribbons for qualifying, and having High shows$$ (I get recognition)
First pay stub(to tell how much they can make)
and my PC Bonus coupon(to tell them what they earn free)
??
TOo much? Or should i add anything else? I like the Bra idea, but i dono. I dont want to much but i want it to be cute.?
sorry not trying to steal the thread!! lol!!

I see you're listening to Julie!!! ;) :thumbup: Isn't she awesome??

I like all your ideas. Love the bra one! I'd forgotten about that. Will have to add to mine! What about pics/props of things you want - incentive trips, pics of kids/family, dream car.

Thanks for the tips. I'm making a Why bag now! That is sooooo cute!

I put in a baby doll from the dollar store... what I then do is I pull it out and say a lot of people on my team do Pampered Chef so they can stay home with their kids... and others do it so they can... (throw the baby into the bag) do it so they can get away from the kids :D This always gets laughs! This one and the leopard print bra are the 2 favorites...

I love the baby doll idea! TOo funny!

I have a sports bra, a picture of my kids, a toy airplane (trips), commission check and play $, toy furniture (remodeling house w/ PC $), new scraper (earn new products) That is all I put in. I tell a short blurb about each item when I pull it out of the bag. I also pass around the commission check so they can see how much I made that month per show. That really shocks everyone that I was only gone 4 nights and made over $675 dollars in 1 month.

My director includes a Starbucks cup...she is an addict!
Julie Weitz also mentioned the business card to tax prep. since business is write off. Don't put too much or it will be overwhelming to guests or they will become bored. I let them know that this is MY reason for doing PC and their why bag might be different.

Hope this helps.

I dont know how I feel about using one of my bras ... they are pretty big LOL ...

maybe i'll make my why bag today .. or at least come up with things to put in it!

abrahamlaur said:
I dont know how I feel about using one of my bras ... they are pretty big LOL ...

maybe i'll make my why bag today .. or at least come up with things to put in it!

WELL....you could use a training bra instead, for all the great "training" you have available as a Consultant.....!!:blushing:

Paula

I don't use a bra and would just caution people to be careful with it... you don't want to offend anyone and we never know how someone might take things.

Also, we want to come across that PC is a viable business that can generate a great income. Does flashing a bra from a bag give that impression?

If it helps you generate interest, great! If you try it for a few months and no leads result, ask yourself if doing it is going to make people take you seriously.

Personally, if I ever saw someone do it, I would be put off. And I'm really not a prude, I just think there is a time and place for everything and underwear around food doesn't go together in my mind. And I wouldn't think the consultant doing it would be taking her business seriously either.

I guess I just can't see Doris or Marla doing something like that so I wouldn't either.

Am I totally in the minority here with my thinking?

Hey i thought of something else, Instead of a bra to show support... Pantyhose...?? DIfferent idea. Oh and also, I loved the idea of the big goofy sunglasses, cant find them here at all!!! Im so upset. Both of our Walmarts are remodeling, and our dollerstores dont have crap!!! UGH!! anyway! Good news though, this doesnt have to do with this Thread... BUT>>> i organized today, got it all done. yep my office/sunroom is clean!! Hehehe. well kinda.. lol. anyway i just got done, so im happy. ok any more ideas for the WHY bag?? Anything out of the ordinary? The baby doll was cute.

Ok, dumb question--- big goofy glasses - why?

I haven't used my "why box" in a long time but I had in it
fake $100 bill (how much I earn at a show)
brochure on the incentive trip (the travel)
picture of what I would like to see outside one day (money for retirement)
Turbo Tax - piece of box
toy car - shows what PC is paying for
mini catalog to show the free products I have earned

I need to update mine

the glasses are those fake huge sunglasses in the toy section, a bunch of people on here have said they use them, and it sounds really cute, to say My future is so bright i gotta wear shades...or something to that affect.

1. How do I keep my Why Bag organized?

The Why Bag comes with multiple pockets and compartments, making it easy to keep items organized. Use the larger pockets for bigger items like containers and trays, and the smaller pockets for utensils and smaller tools. You can also use ziplock bags or small containers to keep items from getting mixed up.

2. Can the Why Bag hold hot dishes?

Yes, the Why Bag is insulated and can keep hot dishes warm for up to an hour. However, it is not recommended to use the bag as a substitute for a cooler or insulated bag for long periods of time.

3. What is the best way to clean the Why Bag?

The Why Bag is made of durable, machine-washable fabric. Simply remove any crumbs or debris and throw it in the washing machine on a gentle cycle with cold water. Hang it to dry and it will be good as new.

4. Can the Why Bag be personalized?

Yes, the Why Bag can be personalized with a variety of embroidery options. You can add your name, initials, or even a fun design to make it unique to you. Personalization is a great way to prevent mix-ups at potlucks or parties.

5. Is the Why Bag only for transporting food?

No, the Why Bag is versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes. It can be used to transport other items like makeup, toiletries, or even as a diaper bag. The insulated compartments are also great for keeping drinks and snacks cold on-the-go.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • wadesgirl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • queenjean