• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Why Bag and Ticket Game Thoughts

but moreso, why do you think the Ticket Game or the Why Bag may not be working as well as they used to? The ED at the director meeting said that she does not think games are necessary to recruit. Her stats back her up. She does not do intros, she does not give company history, and she does not tell her story other than her years with TPC. She is looking for people who want to make an extra $100 a month, $500 a month, or $5000 a month. She tells them that she will be done in 45 minutes because she knows they are all busy so if they are short on time tonight they will be able to leave on time. She says that she can
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
For those of you who have started using a Why Bag or the Ticket Game have you noticed an increase in your recruit leads?

I'm just wondering because I have been doing the Ticket Game for over a year and I have not noticed an increase, maybe even a slight decrease in interest.

I had a director meeting today and we discussed this topic and I would like your input also. An ED at this meeting, that has recruited 25 so far this year, does not do any "games." She was at attended a different party where they played a few games. She sat back and watched the body language of the other guests. Before the games the guests were interested. As soon as the games started almost every single person's body language suggested that they would rather get up and leave but they are too polite to do so.

This ED was saying that we do not need the games to recruit. Which is backed up by her stats. She does not do intros, she does not give company history and she does not tell her story other than her years with TPC. She says that she is looking for people that want to make an extra $100 a month, $500 a month or $5000 a month. She tells them that she will be done in 45 minutes because she knows they are all busy so if they are short on time tonight they will be able to leave on time. She says that she can watch everyone sit back and relax!

In her opinion she was saying that using a "Why Bag" does not come across as professional when you pull a bra out and say how supportive our company is. I would never use a bra, but in my opinion it is very unprofessional to do so. If we want to recruit people that look at this a business, I think something like this would turn them off. At the end of the show you will catch the recruit leads with the full service check out.

What are your thoughts?

Michelle

I would never use a bra for that very reason. It screams unprofessional! (To me anyway! and HO has said they don't like us to use it).I use a *why binder*. I pass it around and then go through it page by page and talk about the different things. Immediately after I play the ticket game for 90 seconds. Sometimes it goes on longer if there is a lot of interest other times it's over in 90 seconds.I've gotten a lot more leads as a result and have signed an handful. I've never been a strong recruiter to begin with so it will be interesting to hear what others have to say on this. But in doing it that way, it's at least given me a "vehicle" to talk recruiting at my shows.

I also use a "reminder binder"~I tell everyone that since I had children, my brain can't hold all of the information it used to, so the binder is my way of making sure they get all of the info! I have copies of 2 paychecks in there (consultant and Director level) and that is what has seemed to generate the most interest for me!

I've been using the bookings slide at my shows recently (on page 5 of the November CN - I am a sister consultant of Denise Hess who originated it).

I start with it folded and "snap" it open. There is ALWAYS a reaction.

At my party this weekend I'm going to put a spin on it and use it to tell my story. I'll start by talking about the fact that I've been hosting since 1983 and using it I'll talk about why (host benefits). The last "page" is the kit and I'll tell my "why I joined" then and add why others join. After that I'll fold it up and dramatically say that they can all get the same benefits that I have and snap it open again. Not sure how that will work but I'll just be doing one longer commercial that way. Of course, I'll still put in the one liners through out the show and ask everyone at checkout.

I do not do any games but I do ask them if they have any questions about our products or our business. I did carry a why binder for a while but I found it to be distracting or ignored and it didn't increase business for me so I cut it out (for now).

Without stirring a hornets nest my thought wasn't to find out what you all do to talk about the biz, but what your thoughts were on not doing any of the "gimmicks."

The next show that you use your binder or why bag and ticket game watch the body language of the guests. Are they interested? One director at this meeting said that when she attends other parties she wants to get up and leave when the "talk" started she would but doesn't want to be rude...and this was before she started TPC.

If we went to our shows and didn't do anything to talk about the biz, wouldn't that set us apart from everyone else? People come to home parties expecting "the talk" and most people shut down. Wouldn't it make them sit up and take notice if you said that you weren't going to do any of that?

Another director said that she lost recruit leads because she talked about her reason for starting TPC, which was to stay home with her kids and these leads were not interested in quitting their jobs. The point she was making is that when you talk about your "why" you alienate everyone who doesn't have the same reason. So if you eliminate "my story" you don't put any expectations into anyone's head that the can only do TPC to stay home or to quit their job. I started TPC to quit my job; I can't count how many people tell me that they love their job and don't want to quit.

If we drop the whole "talk" and only said, "Hi, I'm Michelle, thank you all for coming to _____'s party. I have been with TPC for ____years. I am not going into company history and I am not going to play any games; I will done with the demo within 45 minutes so you can get on with your busy schedule. I am looking for people that are interested in making $100, $500 or $5000 a month." Wouldn't it make you sit up and take notice at a party? I would be thinking, great I don't have to listen to the BS; I can visit with my friends, eat a little food and shop.

Of course, it would require us to do a full service check out to ask everyone.

This ED recruits 25+ people a year by doing this. I'm going to try it. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Michelle

It does make sense I have started noticing this myself....I've been doing the ticket game for about a year & haven't had that great of a response either.
I have a show tonight I'm going to try this....

It's worth a shot! I like the ticket game, but can't say that it is helping me recruit at my shows. Especially since I am NOT recruiting from my shows. However, I am not currently doing the "full service checkout". I just keep forgetting to bring all the "stacks" with me to my parties.

Hey, do you all provide a print-out of the recipe done at the party? I used to, but stopped because I started sending a post-party email with the recipe. However, I had a party on Sunday and everyone was MIFFED that I didn't have the recipe for them. They were a little spoiled from going to Duska's parties. I don't want to feel like I have to run my business like someone else, but I do want to incorporate what works for maximum benefit!

wdpmap said:
Without stirring a hornets nest my thought wasn't to find out what you all do to talk about the biz, but what your thoughts were on not doing any of the "gimmicks."

The next show that you use your binder or why bag and ticket game watch the body language of the guests. Are they interested? One director at this meeting said that when she attends other parties she wants to get up and leave when the "talk" started she would but doesn't want to be rude...and this was before she started TPC.

If we went to our shows and didn't do anything to talk about the biz, wouldn't that set us apart from everyone else? People come to home parties expecting "the talk" and most people shut down. Wouldn't it make them sit up and take notice if you said that you weren't going to do any of that?

Another director said that she lost recruit leads because she talked about her reason for starting TPC, which was to stay home with her kids and these leads were not interested in quitting their jobs. The point she was making is that when you talk about your "why" you alienate everyone who doesn't have the same reason. So if you eliminate "my story" you don't put any expectations into anyone's head that the can only do TPC to stay home or to quit their job. I started TPC to quit my job; I can't count how many people tell me that they love their job and don't want to quit.

If we drop the whole "talk" and only said, "Hi, I'm Michelle, thank you all for coming to _____'s party. I have been with TPC for ____years. I am not going into company history and I am not going to play any games; I will done with the demo within 45 minutes so you can get on with your busy schedule. I am looking for people that are interested in making $100, $500 or $5000 a month." Wouldn't it make you sit up and take notice at a party? I would be thinking, great I don't have to listen to the BS; I can visit with my friends, eat a little food and shop.

Of course, it would require us to do a full service check out to ask everyone.

This ED recruits 25+ people a year by doing this. I'm going to try it. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Michelle

I'd love to hear how this goes when you try it, as well as when others try it. Do you know how many of the ED's recruits qualify? I forget if you mentioned this already.

To be honest, my thought is there are SO many consultants out there who are not comfortable at all doing a full service check out. I hear various reasons why from my consultants. Many of mine on my team are more comfortable doing a little bit about their story and talking about how PC can fit into a variety of lifestyles than they are directly asking each person. Not many are very motivated to recruit either, so go figure. Or if they say they'd like to grow a team, they're not very willing to go about it by being intentional. Their approach of telling their story and talking about their "why" is more within their comfort zone. So, that's just what I've experienced.

But, that's the beauty of this-we can all format our shows and what/how we discuss Pampered Chef the way we want.:) That's what I love! And I suppose everyone defines "games" a little differently too.

Personally I like hearing people's personal stories. It makes them more of a person in my eyes. Even when I go to other direct sales parties, I kind of like hearing where someone is coming from and why they feel connect to their products. But that's just me!

Chef Kearns said:
It's worth a shot! I like the ticket game, but can't say that it is helping me recruit at my shows. Especially since I am NOT recruiting from my shows. However, I am not currently doing the "full service checkout". I just keep forgetting to bring all the "stacks" with me to my parties.

Hey, do you all provide a print-out of the recipe done at the party? I used to, but stopped because I started sending a post-party email with the recipe. However, I had a party on Sunday and everyone was MIFFED that I didn't have the recipe for them. They were a little spoiled from going to Duska's parties. I don't want to feel like I have to run my business like someone else, but I do want to incorporate what works for maximum benefit!

I just do an email after the party that includes the recipes. I also summarize what I said about hosting benefits and another blurb about the biz because who knows who all is listening at the shows. Sometimes I get people who then decide to book that said they didn't want to at the party! Most likely they sit around and chat after I leave and talk themselves into it. So I like having the email to "remind" them of that option.:)

Chef Kearns said:

Sandra, I do not bring the recipe. I also email it when the party is closed.

pamperedbecky said:
I just do an email after the party that includes the recipes. I also summarize what I said about hosting benefits and another blurb about the biz because who knows who all is listening at the shows. Sometimes I get people who then decide to book that said they didn't want to at the party! Most likely they sit around and chat after I leave and talk themselves into it. So I like having the email to "remind" them of that option.:)

Hey Becky, can you send me one of those emails so I can see how you word it. Just send me one that you sent to your last show would be fine. ([email protected])

I don't give them the recipe either. I have it posted on my website and I always do recipes from the SB...for $1 they can have 25 recipes!

Michelle

Anne,

Let us know how it goes. I don't have one until Tuesday.

Michelle

pamperedbecky said:
I'd love to hear how this goes when you try it, as well as when others try it. Do you know how many of the ED's recruits qualify? I forget if you mentioned this already.

She did not say how many she qualified. The whole subject was on finding leads, which seemed to be what almost everyone at this meeting was struggling with.

Michelle

wdpmap said:
pamperedbecky said:

She did not say how many she qualified. The whole subject was on finding leads, which seemed to be what almost everyone at this meeting was struggling with.

Michelle

Ok, no problem. Just curious.:)

I don't play games. I talk about recruiting a lot but I don't go into my WHY too much. My why is pretty generic though - I wanted more money and I didn't want to work retail. I always talk about how I have college students, stay at home moms, a doctor's wife, a man and a retiree on my team. I will change it up a bit depending on who I'm talking to but I like to show that this can be for anyone.

wdpmap said:
I don't give them the recipe either. I have it posted on my website and I always do recipes from the SB...for $1 they can have 25 recipes!

Michelle
I send an email but I always say you can find the recipe in the News section of my website.

I like sending people to my site because there's so much info there for them to look at.

My Morning After E-mail is attached- I hope it helps.

Attachments

• morning after E-mail.doc
    27 KB · Views: 265
  • morning after E-mail.doc
    27 KB · Views: 257
Okay, I have to weigh in on this one. I do a variation of the ticket game with a bag of products--who's left holding the bag--ask a question, get the bag, ask the last question, pick a prize. This is definitely the most comfortable way for me to talk about recruiting at my shows, and I think comfort level is key to getting ourselves and our team members talking about the business. I try to be very sensitive to each group of guests, becasue they're all different. Some groups ask just enough questions to be polite--I make sure I just give the basics and move on. Other groups are on the edge of their seats, asking quesitons, passing the bag--it might go on for 10-15 minutes. I have been getting at least two leads at every show, that will take information and agree to follow-up calls. I can also say I know at least five of the recruits I have signed since I started are a result of this game. If I didn't do it, I don't know how much sharing I would do at my shows. I feel good about it, try to make it fun, and it works for me!

DebbieJ said:
Sandra, I do not bring the recipe. I also email it when the party is closed.
I put the recipes in the Calendar section of my website under the host's name and date. (And I haven't updated my last two shows... my bad!)I finally caught up on reading this and I think it can be done both ways. There are some groups that we can tell will tune us out (had them at my show this week), so doing what the ED said would have been very effective. My show the night before, they ate up the ticket game and I actually ran out of tickets! I think we need to be open to doing whatever will be most effective for the group we are presenting to. And that is something we can find out in host coaching... who will be coming. (I am very remiss in asking the host that question!)Clearly one way is not better than another and what we really need to focus on is our results. If the ticket game is resulting in great leads and signed recruits, then definitely don't stop doing it! And if it's not working great, then another way might be better. It doesn't matter how we get the result (leads and recruits)... just that we get them!With that, that might be a great training to do with FDs trying to promote. For one month have them try both ways and see which one gets the better results and then obviously work on that one. In the end though, what's most important is that we MENTION the opportunity no matter what way it is delivered.

finley1991 said:
I put the recipes in the Calendar section of my website under the host's name and date.

(And I haven't updated my last two shows... my bad!)

I finally caught up on reading this and I think it can be done both ways. There are some groups that we can tell will tune us out (had them at my show this week), so doing what the ED said would have been very effective. My show the night before, they ate up the ticket game and I actually ran out of tickets! I think we need to be open to doing whatever will be most effective for the group we are presenting to. And that is something we can find out in host coaching... who will be coming. (I am very remiss in asking the host that question!)

Clearly one way is not better than another and what we really need to focus on is our results. If the ticket game is resulting in great leads and signed recruits, then definitely don't stop doing it! And if it's not working great, then another way might be better. It doesn't matter how we get the result (leads and recruits)... just that we get them!

With that, that might be a great training to do with FDs trying to promote. For one month have them try both ways and see which one gets the better results and then obviously work on that one.

In the end though, what's most important is that we MENTION the opportunity no matter what way it is delivered.

Exactly! I think we all have to find what works for ME. It's great that we have this forum to share our different ideas so that we can try until we find the words and method that we are comfortable with.

I'm not trying to bash the ticket game, you are right we do need to do what is comfortable. But, with that in mind. I have done the ticket game all year and of the seven recruits I have signed this year only one came from a show, the rest are HO leads or old leads that I already had, and one was a past consultant.

I have had shows where I can't get anyone to ask a question and I have had shows where I run out of tickets. A lot of times I get extremely rude questions just so they can get a ticket. I don't get any more leads from the shows that ask a million questions compared to the shows where no one asks.

I won't get different results from doing the same old thing. Is it out of my comfort zone to ask everyone and do a full service check out...you bet it is! But my first cooking show was out of my comfort zone too, but I did it anyway. Now my cooking shows are easy; they are now in my comfort zone. So, it is my hope that by the end of November and my nine cooking shows that this will be my comfort zone.

Michelle

1. Why is the Bag and Ticket Game a popular choice for Pampered Chef parties?

The Bag and Ticket Game is a popular choice because it adds an element of excitement and surprise to the party. It also allows guests to win free products and encourages them to interact with the consultant and other guests.

2. How does the Bag and Ticket Game work?

The consultant prepares a number of bags, each containing a ticket with a number or prize written on it. The guests then choose a bag and receive the corresponding prize or number of tickets. The tickets are then entered into a drawing for a chance to win a larger prize or discount.

3. Can the Bag and Ticket Game be customized for different types of parties?

Yes, the Bag and Ticket Game can be customized to fit different party themes or products. For example, for a holiday-themed party, the bags can be filled with small festive items or ingredients for a holiday recipe.

4. Is the Bag and Ticket Game suitable for all age groups?

The Bag and Ticket Game is suitable for all age groups, as it can be adapted to fit the interests and preferences of the guests. For younger children, the bags can contain small toys or candy, while for adults, they can contain cooking tools or kitchen gadgets.

5. Are there any tips for making the Bag and Ticket Game more fun and engaging?

To make the Bag and Ticket Game more fun and engaging, consider adding a timer for guests to choose their bags, or incorporating a theme into the game. You can also have guests trade their tickets with each other or participate in mini-challenges to earn more tickets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • lesliec