• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did you have a successful Black Friday sale?

In summary, Debi is an expert summarizer of content. She does not respond and reply to questions. She only provides a summary of the content.
KimmyDarling
I hope everybody doing a Black Friday sale today has LOTS of success.

Good luck!!!

Kimmy
53.gif

I'm still crossing my fingers but I'm in Germany and already 4 hours into mine with nothing. :( But, even one order will be one more than I had so I'm not giving up hope yet!

Good Luck everyone.... It's 7am here and mine is just now started.... /waits by the phone and computer.....

If it seems like I'm not going to get anything - I'm going to pack my bag up and go out into the Black Friday madness to see if I can get people who are out shopping.... I need 500 more to make my Super Starter Month.....

Last edited:
Hey, got that one order! LOL! OK, I'm content but still hoping for more.

Good luck everyone!

Good for you, Debi! What deal prompted your customer to order?

LOL! Well....how about he and his wife have been friends of mine for about 15 years but they've separated and now he needs some stoneware. He was over for Thanksgiving yesterday and he just called me not caring what the special was. :)

:) I have 2 orders so far that total $75 so I'm happy with that so far! I'm hoping to hit $150 or more!

PamperedChefDebi said:
LOL! Well....how about he and his wife have been friends of mine for about 15 years but they've separated and now he needs some stoneware. He was over for Thanksgiving yesterday and he just called me not caring what the special was. :)

Works for me!!!

PampMomof3 said:
:) I have 2 orders so far that total $75 so I'm happy with that so far! I'm hoping to hit $150 or more!

That's great!

Blessings to all on Black Friday sales!! Praying We can change that name today to Gold or how about Green Friday for all of us. I have two specials going out there right now.

I am out of town and decided not to do a sale. I glad because our cell phones (Nextel) do not work in the hills of Arkanasas!

Ann

Ya know, I'm with you on changing the name. Especially since I'm in a mutliracial marriage!!! I definitely notice it from that perspective. Why a color at all? Why not Fantastic Friday? Or Fabulous Friday? I mean, it's always on a Friday so it should still be easily understood.

Good luck everyone:D I woke up with 2 orders so far, with a little over $100 in sales. Good start....I'm hoping for more though!

lacychef said:
Good luck everyone:D I woke up with 2 orders so far, with a little over $100 in sales. Good start....I'm hoping for more though!

Me too! Great Job! I'm trying to get some shopping done myself but now 2 of my 3 kids are up so it makes it a little more difficult!;)

fyi
pchefsharron said:
Blessings to all on Black Friday sales!! Praying We can change that name today to Gold or how about Green Friday for all of us. I have two specials going out there right now.
good luck to all..... just incase you were wondering the day some have called "Black Friday" -- because it's the day retailer balance sheets move out of the red and into the black ( Like my sales to samples ractio:( -- is an important indicator of what's to come.

Oh!! So there really is a logical reason it's called that!!! LOL! At least that makes sense.

PamperedChefDebi said:
Oh!! So there really is a logical reason it's called that!!! LOL! At least that makes sense.
I didnt know either i Googled it!

As a former retail store manager, today was always the best day in November-- it really did move us into the black every year!

Thanks all...nothing yet but I hope people are sleeping in, or waiting for my 5% off from 5-7 p.m.!! I need $150 in orders today to make level 1 sellathon and this is all I have left.

I got one order off my 20% off all Stoneware hour, but that's it.

I just got my second order! It is 5:47 pm here so I may not get any more. BUT, I am now at $182 in sales so at least it's a show!

I always thought it was a terrible name until I got into retail. That one day would literally save the store. LOL

I'm at $182, too!

Nothing for me yet, UGH. DH says I need to stop checking. But I've only checked my email twice so far.

Six hours to go...I really need something :(

I have nothing yet either. Bah!

Well I am sticking to my promise not to check again until it's over at 7 p.m. My email that is. B/c my phone is not ringing. I even logged in under my other email LOL.

I am considering emailing a few close friends and good customers and offering them a discount if they order by Tuesday, maybe 10-15%. I just want to get that $150!! What are y'all's thoughts? I really appreciate your input :D

Lisa, I say give it a try!

Definitely give it a try Lisa! I haven't received any other orders YET! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.;)

Well, I have 30 minutes left and I have two orders and my childhood friend who wants to place an order but e-mailed my old address. So...I'm just waiting on her now. I can't complain!!

I just realized that I skipped the 5 to 6pm hour in my email to everyone. DOH! I have hourly specials until 8pm, then a blanket special from 8 to midnight tonight, so I'm hoping I'll get more...

/sigh - nothing ... not a single order all day only 1 hour and 15mins left to go. no calls no emails nothing... I'm so depressed... I've worked so hard this month...

Blanket Special
KimmyDarling said:
I just realized that I skipped the 5 to 6pm hour in my email to everyone. DOH!

I have hourly specials until 8pm, then a blanket special from 8 to midnight tonight, so I'm hoping I'll get more...

I'm going until 10pm and only have about $130. Kim, I'm curious about what your blanket special is. (Starting to plan for next year.......this is only my 4th month, hopefully by this time next year I'll have a MUCH larger customer base!)

Mine is over and I got no bites. :(

Well I got NOTHING. Zip, zero, zilch. Maybe I shouldn't have done 2 open houses (even though those were in one email).

I also think some people were off this week and maybe I should have emailed it last Friday instead of Monday. Maybe I'll get some people to contact me Monday and ask if it's too late. Hey I can hope :)

I also think next time I'm skipping mailing fliers to the 60-70 of my customers w/out emails. I have 130+ on email. All I did was just waste money.

Sorry I'm a little bummed. Thanks for your encouragement and I'm definitely going to try emailing some key peeps and maybe offer 10% off. Some of them are past hosts so that's almost like saving another 10%!!

I took my unsuccess from last Sat Virtual Open House and basically moved it to today for the Black Friday event and I have an almost 400.00 show now, so you never know who wants to shop for what when...:D

My day is over w/ nothing.
I am soooooooo depressed!
I am trying to stay out of being innactive....
Oh Well, Keep Trying, Right!

straitfan said:
Kim, I'm curious about what your blanket special is.
8pm to Midnight: Free Mini-Serving Spatula (AKA The Cutest Stocking Stuffer in the WORLD) FREE with every order!Nobody's ordered to get it, but I thought it was better than nothing. At least it puts the idea of stocking stuffers in their heads, if nothing else.Next year, I might do a Pick Your Special deal, and list my specials with no set times, other than a start & finish. I am thinking that will make it easier for them to actually sit down and order, rather than having to fit it into a certain part of their day, when they really might be doing other things (like shopping in actual Bricks & Mortar stores).I have $234 in orders at this point, which is less than I wanted, but I'll take it.

straitfan said:
Kim, I'm curious about what your blanket special is.

8pm to Midnight: Free Mini-Serving Spatula (AKA The Cutest Stocking Stuffer in the WORLD) FREE with every order!

Nobody's ordered to get it, but I thought it was better than nothing. At least it puts the idea of stocking stuffers in their heads, if nothing else.

Next year, I might do a Pick Your Special deal, and list my specials with no set times, other than a start & finish. I am thinking that will make it easier for them to actually sit down and order, rather than having to fit it into a certain part of their day, when they really might be doing other things (like shopping in actual Bricks & Mortar stores).

I have $234 in orders at this point, which is less than I wanted, but I'll take it.

That's a good idea Kim...maybe offer like 3 specials that run anytime during the sale, and they pick their favorite.

I know these things take tradition of doing them every year to build, but good lord, I at least expected SOMETHING.

I didn't get anything else. Oh well, I am happy with the $75 in orders that I did get. I will add them on to a fundraiser for the American Red Cross that I still have open.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone!;)

I ended up $231 in sales. I actually left the house and went shopping so that I would not freak myself out about it. I have a catalog show that is supposed to be turned in on Tuesday. I have a feeling it is not gonna make a qualified show, so I will wait to close out my Black Friday show and see if I need to combine them.

What do you all do when a catalog show does not qualify? I mean in reference to the host? Any gifts?

$444 in sales for me! I did an Open House with a friend who sells Home Interiors and another who sells Gold Canyon Candles. I was pleased! The sold about $150 each. No bookings for any of us, but a few "maybe after the holidays". :)

I got nothing too... I just wanted $50 in sales to add to an existing show... but I got nothing, but a girlfriend of mine did order just because she came over last night. That gave me the $50.00.Jaye

Wow, some of you had LOTS of success! I'll work harder next year. :) As it is, I never did get around to contacting my customers (smooth, huh?) but I did announce my sale on a local forum I'm on. And I got two hits! About $100. Which is more than I started the day with, right? :)

Well, nothing for me as well....Was really bummed! Money, time spent on mailing AGAIN- NO RESPONSE!!! wait, maybe not orders yet, but with the mailing they got a reminder I'm still at it, when they need something they may find that sheet with my info and give a call. I like the idea of "choose your special" day!!! I might even throw in book a show, take advantage of all the specials with a bonus when they close their own show.

So far, one response to my dozen emails I sent to friends or customers I knew might need something (I offered 10% off if they order by Tues). 1 email back so far but I think she read the email too fast LOL. I was telling everyone how I was $150 from my goal and if they were intrested in placing an order, it would mean a lot to me and I'd give them this discount. She thought I wanted HER to order $150 LOL! I wrote back and explained that I'd also wrote a few others and was hoping combined it would work out, that I never expected her to do the whole thing!

Thought y'all would get a laugh out of that one.

I didn't have anything all day either :-( ....so bummed, Nov is my last super starter month plus I wanted the incentive...oh well! there's always next month I guess...

PamperedChefDebi said:
Ya know, I'm with you on changing the name. Especially since I'm in a mutliracial marriage!!! I definitely notice it from that perspective. Why a color at all? Why not Fantastic Friday? Or Fabulous Friday? I mean, it's always on a Friday so it should still be easily understood.

Just an FYI. It's called Black Friday because many retail companies operate in the RED most of the year, but the extra sales on the day after Thanksgiving often push them into the BLACK for the year. Hence, Black Friday. It's a good thing. :p

(Answered this before I read all the posts. Just call me Redundant Rae. :D )

Last edited:
I got $260 in sales, but I was offering 20% from midnight to 8 am (of course that's the only time people called!) ugh, so really I'm out money, but it bumped me up to the first bracket for spring product

I offered 20% in the early morning hours, and then from there it decreased to 5% in the later evening...and nothing! I thought for sure people would jump on the 20%!!!

Well Rae I guess I should just be thankful my biz was in the Black before that Friday instead of being bummed about no sales !!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
leshelman
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • confusedturtle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire