• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I make a mistake with my first Pampered Plus order?

In summary, the $4 shipping fee is standard for the continental United States, and some states have a tax on the shipping/handling cost. If there are special orders included on the order, then the shipping fee needs to be accounted for on the regular order forms as well.
Lynelle
I just placed my first P. Chef catalog order with Pampered Plus and I think I made a huge mistake! I collected all the checks but did not include shipping from the guests. Now I have to come up with the money because I will not go back and ask the guests to pay it. I hate to sound like an idiot but I have to ask. Is $4.00 shipping standard on each and every order?

Please enlighten me (and be kind to this newbie :eek: )
:confused:

Yes for the continental United States and in many states there is tax on the S/H.

Yep the $4 is normal if you are in the US (in 48 contiguous states) and if they are having their orders shipped to the host or if you are having the show shipped to you.

Its ok, I forgot to include the host special on my 1st 3 shows.

Why don't you combine the orders so you don't have to pay shipping for all of them...

debswork said:
Why don't you combine the orders so you don't have to pay shipping for all of them...

That can really mess people up who have warranty items though...

First of all.. you are most certainly NOT an idiot because you joined PC and began your own business. THAT makes you incredibly intelligent! NOW... we have all made mistakes... some have cost us more money than others but we all make them so, as many others have said here in other situations... take a deep breath and relax. Others have already posted and answered you questions so I'm not going to repeat it... this will all be alright, even though it doesn't feel that way right now. I don't think the host or the guests would mind if you called them back and explained the oversight you made... especially since you are new. If you truly feel that you cannot do that, then it's gonna be kind of costly but you will never forget to charge shipping again! I wish I could just give you a big old hug cuz we've all been there... whatever it was we forgot... we felt bad, took a breath and went on ... I'll say a prayer for you! Now smile, square your shoulders and carry on! We're all here for you!

Highlight the shipping & handling charge line on the regular order forms so the guests at your shows see it and they decide if they want thwie order to go to your host for $4 or they want direct ship.
On your Outside order form write in the tax rate and $4. before makling copies for host packets.

After you entered the guest portion of payment, the reminder $4 shipping balance - enter as consultant gift. Then at least it will be saved as a expense to business.

Good Luck with business.

I PM'd you last night!

quiverfull7 said:
First of all.. you are most certainly NOT an idiot because you joined PC and began your own business. THAT makes you incredibly intelligent! NOW... we have all made mistakes... some have cost us more money than others but we all make them so, as many others have said here in other situations... take a deep breath and relax. Others have already posted and answered you questions so I'm not going to repeat it... this will all be alright, even though it doesn't feel that way right now. I don't think the host or the guests would mind if you called them back and explained the oversight you made... especially since you are new. If you truly feel that you cannot do that, then it's gonna be kind of costly but you will never forget to charge shipping again! I wish I could just give you a big old hug cuz we've all been there... whatever it was we forgot... we felt bad, took a breath and went on ... I'll say a prayer for you! Now smile, square your shoulders and carry on! We're all here for you!

VERY well said. And now don't forget that you can write off that $4 expense from each order.

Thanks everyone. How do I combine orders to save on shipping costs?

If there are guests who you know won't mind then you can put some orders together under one name and that would only cost $4 for those orders... however, they need to know that this is being done because it can become a problem for returns/adjustments and replacement. If they know about it, like some guests will choose to put theirs together at a show, then it's fine. I myself would be very hesitant to do it without the guest's knowledge. Hopefully others will post what they think here also so you can get more seasoned knowlegde than what I can give.

I would only put orders together if the person is related (2 sisters, mother/daughter) this way you don't run into problems with warranties and returns.

I give people duplicate receipts when I combine orders. Then I use a black marker to cross off info so that all each person gets a receipt that only shows their purchases.

Related to Did I make a mistake with my first Pampered Plus order?

What does "First Order - I'm an Idiot" mean?

"First Order - I'm an Idiot" refers to the first order that a customer places with Pampered Chef. It is often used as a playful way to acknowledge that the customer may be new to the company or ordering process.

Do I need to be a consultant to place a first order?

No, anyone can place a first order with Pampered Chef. However, becoming a consultant does have its perks, such as discounts and rewards.

How do I place a first order?

To place a first order, simply visit the Pampered Chef website and select the items you wish to purchase. You will need to create an account and provide shipping and payment information.

Is there a minimum order amount for first orders?

Yes, there is a minimum order amount of $80 for first orders. This ensures that you receive the full benefits and rewards of being a Pampered Chef customer.

What if I need to make changes to my first order?

If you need to make changes to your first order, please contact Pampered Chef customer service as soon as possible. They will do their best to accommodate your request, but changes may not be possible depending on the status of your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • K.Shaffer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Bren706