• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problem with website orders with show

Oct 18, 2005
I’ve been noticing that whenever someone places an order for a show through my website using the direct shipping rate that they are changed the old direct shipping rate and not the new one. This has happened to me every single time someone uses the direct shipping rate which is basically all the time since that’s the only way we’re allowed to have the products shipped to our customers here. I'm paying the difference out of my own pocket because it’s only a few cents but it’s really starting to add up now. I don’t want to ask the customer to pitch in more money because of Pampered Chef’s mistakes. I don’t think it’s really fair to them. I am currently emailing customer service about this but they, for some odd reason, think it has something to do with my computer. I don’t see how my computer has anything to do with the shipping rate that comes up on someone else’s computer screen. :confused: I'm not an expert or anything but I'm pretty sure this is on Pampered Chef’s end. I'm sure they’ll get it straightened out sooner or later (hopefully sooner) but I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Jennie4PC

Legacy Member
May 24, 2005
I would think it would have to do with PC since they are ordering off your website. I know you are putting it in your PP but the you obvios;y have the new shipping rates.

Oct 18, 2005
Yeah I have the new updated shipping rates on PP. That's how I found out they were being charged the wrong shipping. All of the orders I put into the PP from the website were always off a few cents.

reesefamily5

Mar 27, 2005
Does it have anything to do with the tax on Shipping and Handling. Some statest don't have to charge tax on that? Just a suggestion.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Are these people living in a different place than the shows that they are ordering in? Maybe the tax rate is different. If an order is to be direct shipped the website will show the tax rate from where it is going and on your PP screen it will show the tax rate where the party is. You can change the tax on an order within a party. There's an icon that says "special tax" right on the order information screen.

stephanieboyd

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
Since we don't pay any tax, regardless of who, the difference is in your shipping in the website. I would agree that it is on PC's end. Because I have to place orders the same way you do. No tax and direct shipping for every customer regardless of whether or not they attended the show. I have noticed this with my orders too, but it is also happening with individual orders. So, in these instances, PC is paying for what they are not charging the customer--Just like we are paying the difference for orders that we have to enter into PP.
You are going to have to get someone in customer service that completely understands the issue. Lately, I have had to repeat myself several times to get the point across to the rep on the phone. It's very costly for me to call and explain something to several different people. We don't have the option of a toll free call. We also have to struggle with time zones to call PC in the middle of the night! Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do about it. We have to abide by their rules and rates but no one understands exactly what we have to do to accomplish that!!

Let us know if you get someone to hear and understand you!! I hope it gets fixed soon!!

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
stephanieboyd said:
Since we don't pay any tax, regardless of who, the difference is in your shipping in the website. I would agree that it is on PC's end. Because I have to place orders the same way you do. No tax and direct shipping for every customer regardless of whether or not they attended the show. I have noticed this with my orders too, but it is also happening with individual orders. So, in these instances, PC is paying for what they are not charging the customer--Just like we are paying the difference for orders that we have to enter into PP.
You are going to have to get someone in customer service that completely understands the issue. Lately, I have had to repeat myself several times to get the point across to the rep on the phone. It's very costly for me to call and explain something to several different people. We don't have the option of a toll free call. We also have to struggle with time zones to call PC in the middle of the night! Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do about it. We have to abide by their rules and rates but no one understands exactly what we have to do to accomplish that!!

Let us know if you get someone to hear and understand you!! I hope it gets fixed soon!!
Hmmm... At first I thought you were with the Germany PC company but I see now that you are military too. I didn't know you didn't have tax! Well at least you get something for your sacrifices!!

Have you tried to email tech or web support? That usually gets you a more correct answer. They won't put it in writing if they aren't very sure of the answer. Otherwise I would call and request to talk to a tech or web support manager. Tell them this is a recurring problem and that the calls are expensive for you. Do you have the callback option? (Where the call you back if the wait is too long?)

I wish you the best! And THANKS for sacrificing for us all back here at home!!

Jan 1, 2006
I was having the exact same problem. I called HO and talked to a website tech. person. He said that they are having problems with this happening on shows that were posted on the personal websites on or before the 16th of March. He said that they have corrected the problem and that any shows posted to the personal websites after this date should be showing the correct shipping, tax etc. Hope this helps.:)