• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Just Land My Dream Job in 20 Minutes?

In summary, Janet got a job with a Christian office and starts tomorrow. She is excited to be back in the industry and is looking for a replacement.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Okay, DH just walked through the door, so I'll have to explain more later, but I just got a job! No kidding- I was talking to a former business partner, and within 20 minutes I was being offered a job by her office manager! I start tomorrow!

Looks like God is lining everything up for our adventure to NC! PRAISE THE LORD! How cool is that???

That's great! Congrats!! :D

Yeah!! God takes care of us in ways we can't even begin to comprehend!

Yes, I'm a little confused about how this fits in with life and NC, but celebrating with you! Congratulations!

Congratulations, Kacey! That was FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope your DH's job search goes as quickly and smoothly!

Pass some of that down to MS I sure could use some GOOD Karma. Having to find another job myself so I can understand what you have been going through.

janetupnorth said:
Yes, I'm a little confused about how this fits in with life and NC, but celebrating with you! Congratulations!

Janet, we need funds to fix up the house and pay down bills before we move. Because of the housing market, we will just break even on our home, and because we won't have the luxury of our house being able to sit on the market for a while (we need to sell it fast once DH has a job offer) we need some money in the savings account and there still are some major repairs that have to take place that cost more than I make with PC- so a FT job was in order...

I was just praying about this last night- AMAZING! I'm so excited! They even know about us wanting to move to NC, and said we'd start looking for my replacement right away, and they would transfer me to an office in NC if there is one close to where we decide to live. This is ALL God!

Gotta go, my mac-n-cheese is ready to eat, I'll fill you in more about the job in a little bit.

GOD IS GOOD!!! that was reeeeeaaaaalllll fast!

What that was fast, Kacey! God is good ~ our family devotional today talked about how God directs our paths (Prov. 3:6). A simple truth but such a powerful way to live!

Congratulations!

God Rocks!Okay so here are the details...

I used to be a Mortgage Consultant/ Loan Officer. I worked closely with 3 Realtors, one was a team- Barb and Dan. I have kept in touch with them at least monthly since I left the mortage industry. They call me asking when I'm going to come back! LOL

I called them this afternoon to set up a time to have them come over to the house to tell me what we absolutely had to fix in order to sell and what we could leave be since we are only asking for enough to break even and will need a fast sale once DH gets a job in NC.

Before I got off the phone with Barb, I mentioned to her I was looking for a job, and could she keep her ears open for me. She screams "Oh my gosh- we need a front desk person here at the office, Duane just quit to go back to school- You'd be PERFECT!" Before I know it, I'm on the phone with a lady named Ali, she loves me and asks me to speak with the head office person named Angie, and after speaking with Angie for 10 minutes she put me on hold to conference with Ali. 2 minutes later they made me an offer over the phone! And the best part is that it is $4.00 more per hour than I was praying for! And, it's slightly under 40 hours, and it isn't too far from home. About 20 minutes with no traffic, and 30 with bad traffic.

They know that there is a huge chance I'll be moving inside of 12-18 months, and are totally fine with that, and said we'll just start looking for your replacement right away so you can have them trained before you leave!

The office is full of Christians, and they are very big on being positive, and helping one another, and basically everything we spoke about was just so GOD! It had to be...it's almost too good to be true the way this happened, and I've met these people on about 2 or 3 other occassions when I was partnering with Dan and Barb for our first time homebuyer seminars, and I kept thinking to myself- what a great office environment!

Anywho- I'll be the head office person- in charge of the front desk area, and third in command of running the office! :) It's for Keller Williams Integrity Realty.

Well, I have to paint my nails, and kick myself for not getting a hair cut last week when I needed one, and I need to make sure I still have some work clothes that fit. I think I'll be shopping this weekend! :)

Last night as I was laying in bed and praying about how we were going to come up with the money we needed to pay off bills, and replace windows, carpeting, the roof and siding before we move- I just mentioned to God that the job was going to have to come from him because with my physical limitations, and lack of degree- it was going to have to be a Work of God in order for me to even find a job- and less than 24 hours later...

Amazing! That is all I have to say- simply amazing! :)

So I was so excited, after I called DH to tell him, and then my Mum, I had to tell you guys!

It's funny, I'm excited to start, but I didn't realize that I still have so much to do around the house, that I should have given myself one week before I started... LOL! I still haven't taken down the Christmas tree or the little village.

ChefBeckyD said:
What that was fast, Kacey! God is good ~ our family devotional today talked about how God directs our paths (Prov. 3:6). A simple truth but such a powerful way to live!

Congratulations!

Proverbs 3:5-6 are my favorite verses! In fact, I have them listed under my Sr. High School picture in the year book. I went to a private Christian school, so that was allowed. :)

I'm still just shaking my head at how amazing this all is.

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some days prayers are answered quickly... some wait years...
GOD is ALWAYS faithful! What an adventure He has you on!
I love it! :)

Great story Kacey! That fits in with one of my favorite passages:

Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

:)

I love them both Janet... the verse you quoted is in my email siggy and the one in your CS sig is another of my all time favorites!

janetupnorth said:
Great story Kacey! That fits in with one of my favorite passages:

Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

:)

I love those verses, too! I bet this job will cure my insomnia! After having to wake up early for a few days in a row, I bet I'll start sleeping like a baby again. I'm off to find an outfit that looks professional. I'm so excited!

"Keller Williams Integrity Realty, this is Kitchen Diva- how may I help you?";)

Please don't take this the wrong way, but did you ever think of doing a booking blitz (5-7 shows in one week) and increasing your show schedule? I don't know if that is something you discussed in another thread, but I do know how powerful this business can be - especially if you are doing major work on something, like a house.

YEAH!! God is so good! I am so excited for you! What a great witness you are also being and will be with giving God all the glory for it!!:angel:

I have these scriptures taped to my desk at work:

"Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord." Deut. 8:3

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed for the Lourd your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

"Ask the Lord to bless your plans, and you will be successful in carrying them out." Proverbs 16:3

What wonderful news! Congratulations!

Congratulations, that's great!

Kacey - God is Good! That was so fast.
FYI there is a Keller Williams here in New Bern, very active!

Cindycooks said:
Kacey - God is Good! That was so fast.
FYI there is a Keller Williams here in New Bern, very active!
Oooo, that is good news! :) Maybe I smell a transfer? :)

cmdtrgd said:
Please don't take this the wrong way, but did you ever think of doing a booking blitz (5-7 shows in one week) and increasing your show schedule? I don't know if that is something you discussed in another thread, but I do know how powerful this business can be - especially if you are doing major work on something, like a house.
#1- I physically cannot handle more than 2 shows per week. The day after a show I can barely move, because my back and legs are so sore! I normally need help carrying my things back to my car after a show because I can barely lift any of it!
#2, I totally did not take what you said the wrong way- it's a very good idea, just not one I can implement. I'm glad you mentioned it however- I love the fact that we can share ideas here.
#3- I called every guest I've had over the past 3 months and every host, and was not able to get one booking. Granted that isn't a huge list of people, but they are tapped out because they just got done going to a show and spending money. :)
#4- I'm not hanging up my apron- but I need a steady income and because I am so new at PC, and don't have a lot of past hosts and guests to call, I needed to look for work outside of the home for now. And, this job gives monthly bonuses! :) whoo-hoo... AND I have over 80 Realtors that will see me every week and I see quite a few closing gifts and gift certificates being purchased from me!!! So this is the best of both worlds right now.

Have a super night! :)

I am a ROCK STAR!Hi everyone! :) I missed you again today! I hope that once they set up my setting on my computer that on my lunch break I can check in a chat with you guys!

I had to share something awesome with you. Today was day 2 on the new job. The phone I have has 80 buttons on it but only 1/4th of the Realtors in our office are programmed into those buttons, so I don't use buy 4 or 5 of them. Anyway, I have a cheat sheet that tells me how to put a call on park, or on hold, or take it off park, or transfer to their office, their voice mail, their cell phone, etc... Each time someone calls I have to find the Realtor on the roster list, then find my cheat sheet, then start pushing buttons, locate the Realtors number- dial that in, then I can hang up. It's not something I've ever done before so I feel a bit stoopid...

Anyway today at 2:05 CST I, Kitchen Diva (aka Front Desk Diva Extroirdanaire to be) handled a call without needing the cheat sheet!!!! After only 11.5 hours on the job I finally got the hang of transfering a call to an agent's outside line/phone number!

YEAH ME! I was so excited I went running into my bosses office doing my bestest Mary Katherine Gallagher (from SNL) impersonation and she applauded me, and my other boss looked at her watch and said, Wow- it took you under 12 hours to learn that, way to go!

Hee-hee. I know it's not a big deal, but I've never used a phone with that many buttons, and quite frankly I wasn't sure I'd ever figure that thing out...

I missed you guys today, but I'm beat so I think I'll get going to bed.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Great job!!! I'm glad you found something that works for you. As to you being so exhausted after a show, I would like to offer some suggestions - do Tool Turn About shows where all you bring is you TTA and the host provides a stone or prepares something ahead of time. Another idea would be to do Mega Shows - one show with 5-8 hosts at one time.

cmdtrgd said:
Great job!!! I'm glad you found something that works for you. As to you being so exhausted after a show, I would like to offer some suggestions - do Tool Turn About shows where all you bring is you TTA and the host provides a stone or prepares something ahead of time. Another idea would be to do Mega Shows - one show with 5-8 hosts at one time.

How do you do a Mega show? Where does everyone sit?

I have a bad back, and a herniated disc with no fluid in it, and was told I would have to have disc replacement surgery- I've been putting it off for about 4 years now. Even when I pack light, there is just something about standing there for the demo, and being on my flat feet and not really moving around too much that just causes my entire body to hurt. I feel like I've been hit by a truck the day after a show...and since I have actually been hit by a truck I can say that with certainty. :)

Tell me more about the TTA show, and the MEGA show. How do you do that when your hosts might not know eachother, and how do you do their free product value, and their 50% off items?

Thanks by the way for the ideas!

Mega Shows are run just like regular shows except on the bulk scale. You would need to find a place that could hold 5-8 10 person tables (churches and community centers, granges, any kind of meeting place). You do all your host coaching at the same time and each person is at the same call level. Each host has their own guests. They can provide plates, cups, napkins, etc. as well as a drink and some munchies like nuts or candies - whatever is opposite from what you are making. You make one large recipe of something, for example, the Colossal Chicken Salad. Then you take orders. Treat this like a normal show with your hosting and recruiting commercials/games and whatever you normally would do for a host. I try to give prizes for the host with the most outside orders, the most guests in attendance, the largest guest list, etc. Does that help?TTA show - I need to type that up and get back to you.

Good job Kacey! Those phones are intimidating. I worked for a temp agency @ 10 years ago and had a temp job as a receptionist for a mid-size company that had one of those phones......I understand your elation at having mastered that thing!

pamperedlinda said:
Good job Kacey! Those phones are intimidating. I worked for a temp agency @ 10 years ago and had a temp job as a receptionist for a mid-size company that had one of those phones......I understand your elation at having mastered that thing!

I love you miss Linda! :) I can replace a transmission, change my breaks, change my oil, do a tune up on my car, but an 80 button phone freaks me out! LOL!!!

Off to go shopping with the huuby- I get a few new work outfits, and he needs new shoes- he spends more money on himself than I do (I bargain shop) so I should end up making out pretty good today. He's one of those "Well I spent $300.00 so you need to spend $300.00 it's only fair) And I act surprised every time! :);)

Related to Did I Just Land My Dream Job in 20 Minutes?

1. What is your new job at Pampered Chef?

I am a sales consultant for Pampered Chef, which means I sell high-quality kitchen tools and products through cooking parties and online sales.

2. How did you get the job at Pampered Chef?

I applied for the position online and went through a series of interviews and training sessions. I also have a passion for cooking and using Pampered Chef products, which helped me stand out during the hiring process.

3. What are the perks of working for Pampered Chef?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have the opportunity to earn a generous commission, receive discounts on products, and even earn free products through sales and rewards programs. I also have a flexible schedule and the ability to work from home.

4. What are some popular Pampered Chef products?

Some of our top-selling products include the Quick Cooker, Deluxe Air Fryer, and Rockcrok Dutch Oven. Customers also love our kitchen tools like the Garlic Press and Mix 'N Scraper.

5. How do you host a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is easy and fun! As a consultant, I can help you plan a virtual or in-person party with your friends and family. You'll earn free products and have a great time cooking and trying out new recipes together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PamperedTammy
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • otisbg
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies