• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have Some Good News (Finally) :)

In summary, Kacey walks into her drawing room, holding a chilled glass of sweet tea. Her housekeeper, Consuella answers the door within minutes of the grand chimes releasing their melodious sounds. It's Ed McMahon and he's holding a rather large cardboard check written out to her. The first part of the story was good too, but the bad news is that her unemployment is being held until a judge decides if she was fired or not. The good news is that DH's unemployment was approved. Jean and Kacey should start their own Comedy Tour. My pee isn't orange anymore. It's back to it's plain ole' original green color.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
For all of you kindly following the Days of My Life- the saga continues as a fluffy, yet stunningly classy Kacey walks into her drawing room, holding a chilled glass of sweet tea.

Her housekeeper, Consuella answers the door within minutes of the grand chimes releasing their melodious sounds.... It's Ed McMahon and he's holding a rather large cardboard check written out to...

Oh, wait- sorry, that's not the good news, that's a re-occuring dream I have.

Okay, DH's unemployment was approved!! :) I just had to share that. So even though mine is being held until a judge decides if I was fired or not- DH at least has a few bucks coming in each week.

I wanted to pass on the good news so that you guys didn't think that only bad things happen to me.

WHOHOO! Thank goodness for small blessings. :)

The first part of the story was good too :)

That is great news, you are on a roll tonight, cracking me up...
I'm telling ya, stand up comedy might be your calling :) :) :)

Get Kacey and Jean together and I'd be peeing my pants while spitting on my computer!

Good to hear Kacey...

On another note, what the heck is "sweet tea"? I have refered to it many times. Not sure if I know what your talking about.

Girlfriend, you have so many threads going today I can't keep up!!!! (extra exclamation points for one of the other threads you have going. I'm addicted as well).

Congrats on the good news - so happy to see the clouds open up and letting in a little light for you!

rennea said:
Good to hear Kacey...

On another note, what the heck is "sweet tea"? I have refered to it many times. Not sure if I know what your talking about.

Very simply- it is iced tea made with gobs of sugar! They call it sweet tea in the south, where DH and I just spent some time. I'm now addicted to it, after years of hating the stuff!

I quit drinking anything with caffeine in it (didn't give up hot chocolate, however) YEARS ago...and now I'm back on the buzz wagon and I think that's why I had a TERRIBLE headache for most of this afternoon. It's still hanging on, but it's not throbbing so hard, and my eyes don't hurt anymore.

janetupnorth said:
Get Kacey and Jean together and I'd be peeing my pants while spitting on my computer!

I think Jean and I should start our own Comedy Tour! Between her orange pee and my stunning wit- we'd be hilarious! :)

I actually always wanted to write kids books or do improv...

pamperedlinda said:
The first part of the story was good too :)

Why thank you! I am multi-talented. And I'm super humble, too! It's hard to find a truly humble person of greatness. :)

OK, I kind of thought it was sweet iced tea.

But when you assume you make an a** out of me and you!!

rennea said:
OK, I kind of thought it was sweet iced tea.

But when you assume you make an a** out of me and you!!

That's why I started to PRESUME! LOL can't get into much trouble presuming. and since trouble finds me, I try to always stay one step ahead of it. And with my huge feet, that's not a problem!

Kitchen Diva said:
I think Jean and I should start our own Comedy Tour! Between her orange pee and my stunning wit- we'd be hilarious! :)

I actually always wanted to write kids books or do improv...

Hey!

My pee isn't orange anymore.

It's back to it's plain ole' original green color.

Jean DeVries said:
Hey!

Well, green pee isn't funny- make it go back! :) Kidding... how are you doing these days?

Congrats Kacey - maythis be the first of many good things in the days of your life!

Good news!! FINALLY! Oh I "heard" that the best sweet tea is made with 2 decaf and 1 regular teabag. Then the required GOBS o' sugar........................

Jean DeVries said:
Hey!

Jean - St. Patty's day was in March - lay off the green beer - not good for your health either!

This is too funny. Or else I'm too funnySo my sister hollers to me from the living room and asks "What kind of grill do you guys have?"

And I say, I'm not sure. I just know it's a gas grill.

And she says, well there is a recall on them- they are a fire hazzard!

And I say. I hope so! That's the only way to properly grill anything!

HAHAHAHAHAAAA

Man I am on a roll tonight-

Kitchen Diva said:
Well, green pee isn't funny- make it go back! :) Kidding... how are you doing these days?

Surviving.

I have a Darvocet headache right now. I took one at like 3 am to try and get at least 3 hours of sleep. Didn't work. Instead I have had a headache all day long. I think it's from lack of sleep.

Honest to god, I should just be a surrogate. Childbirth can't possibly hurt this much...

Tonight I was hanging out with my extra-smart 3-year old niece, and she did the thing where she put her nose on my nose, so one of our eyeballs disappeared. She looked funny to begin with because of course, her eyes were crossed. Then they were furrowed trying to figure it out. And her cheeks were all puffed up because she was holding her breath. Then she said to me, "Aunt Jean...where's your other eyeball?" I almost died laughing.

And I had quite forgotten how, when you're 3, every sentence starts with the word WHY....

janetupnorth said:
Jean - St. Patty's day was in March - lay off the green beer - not good for your health either!

Surprisingly enough, I don't drink beer.

Never acquired the taste for it.

Coffee either.

I kept going to college thinking eventually I'd get it. But, sadly, no.

Speaking of, I just got accepted to college again. Because the almost $55,000 I spent to get the other two useless pieces of paper wasn't enough. Now I'm gonna get another one :) I love learning.

Jean DeVries said:
Surviving.

I have a Darvocet headache right now. I took one at like 3 am to try and get at least 3 hours of sleep. Didn't work. Instead I have had a headache all day long. I think it's from lack of sleep.

Honest to god, I should just be a surrogate. Childbirth can't possibly hurt this much...

Tonight I was hanging out with my extra-smart 3-year old niece, and she did the thing where she put her nose on my nose, so one of our eyeballs disappeared. She looked funny to begin with because of course, her eyes were crossed. Then they were furrowed trying to figure it out. And her cheeks were all puffed up because she was holding her breath. Then she said to me, "Aunt Jean...where's your other eyeball?" I almost died laughing.

And I had quite forgotten how, when you're 3, every sentence starts with the word WHY....

I'm sorry about the headache! I used to get those from Darvocet, too! Not sure which is worse, the pain or the headache from the pain killers.

My 4 year old niece starts every sentence with WHY, too! She's a hoot!

Yesterday she asked me what the bag of feminine undie liners was for when she was watching me put my make-up on in the bathroom. I told her they were for when you get older.

She said why will I need them? I said they add decoration to your panties. (I didn't want to get into the whole "becoming a woman" thing with a 4 year old.) So she runs out of the bathroom giggling and screams... Mommy- when I get older I can decorate my panties like Aunt Krissy!

Jean DeVries said:

Coffee either.

Speaking of, I just got accepted to college again. Because the almost $55,000 I spent to get the other two useless pieces of paper wasn't enough. Now I'm gonna get another one :) I love learning.

Congrats on the college acceptance. I have a feeling you'll meet your man there! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Check out Jean's thread titled

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f48/i-hate-ask-but-33332/

Somewhere on page 27 of the thread she talks about orange pee from a medication.

Poor thing has been through a lot lately. I love her because she can always cheer me up!

OK, I had to go check this out because I was shocked and dismayed that my whining and self-centered drivel had carried out into 27 pages.

Turns out, I actually have 19 more pages before my whining and self-centered drivel gets to the shocking and dismaying stage.

Kitchen Diva said:
So my sister hollers to me from the living room and asks "What kind of grill do you guys have?"

And I say, I'm not sure. I just know it's a gas grill.

And she says, well there is a recall on them- they are a fire hazzard!

And I say. I hope so! That's the only way to properly grill anything!

HAHAHAHAHAAAA

Man I am on a roll tonight-
You are on a roll and I could listen to you all night, but I am going to bed since I am hosting playgroup at my house tomorrow and I need to get up early and make some food, plus my 2 year old DD wore me out, she is in drama mama mode and I just need some sleep. I look forward to more of the great comedy of Kacey tomorrow :) :):D

Jean DeVries said:
OK, I had to go check this out because I was shocked and dismayed that my whining and self-centered drivel had carried out into 27 pages.

Turns out, I actually have 19 more pages before my whining and self-centered drivel gets to the shocking and dismaying stage.

Sorry, along with my addiction to !'s... I tend to exaggerate as well. Oops.

And you weren't being self-centered at all on that thread, Jean! You are very loved here, and we care about you and all your pains!

merego said:
You are on a roll and I could listen to you all night, but I am going to bed since I am hosting playgroup at my house tomorrow and I need to get up early and make some food, plus my 2 year old DD wore me out, she is in drama mama mode and I just need some sleep. I look forward to more of the great comedy of Kacey tomorrow :) :):D

Oh my gosh- I can't work under pressure! I'd better go to bed, too! I'll need beauty and humor sleep!

I gave up on beauty sleep when I got married...I'll never catch up after having kids!Jean - congrats on the college acceptance again...I know the feeling of learning more...I have 3 papers on my wall...first two cost me $80K but that was awhile ago already! Today they'd cost about $150K for the same amount of tuition...Don't worry, marriage, a few kids, you may finally slow down. I'm finally content NOT to be in school and waste time here instead. ;)

Kitchen Diva said:
Very simply- it is iced tea made with gobs of sugar! They call it sweet tea in the south, where DH and I just spent some time. I'm now addicted to it, after years of hating the stuff!

I quit drinking anything with caffeine in it (didn't give up hot chocolate, however) YEARS ago...and now I'm back on the buzz wagon and I think that's why I had a TERRIBLE headache for most of this afternoon. It's still hanging on, but it's not throbbing so hard, and my eyes don't hurt anymore.
My mom calls it 'southern syrup' !

Thanks.

I'm actually going back to get a degree in Information Security & Intelligence. I wanna be like that ponytailed chick on NCIS, or that Garcia chick on one of those shows - the one with that hotty mcbody Shemar Moore (can never remember Criminal Minds?)

Besides, student loans are a cheap debt consolidation.

Jean DeVries said:
Thanks.

I'm actually going back to get a degree in Information Security & Intelligence. I wanna be like that ponytailed chick on NCIS, or that Garcia chick on one of those shows - the one with that hotty mcbody Shemar Moore (can never remember Criminal Minds?)

Ooh, what school??? Local or online? DH really wants to finish that program at ITT but we can't afford it until we pay off my Master's Degree. (He says I can't go back to school until he gets his Master's...considering he has an associates and HATES school unless it is something he wants to do, that will be never. :( )

I told him I'm going to protest and get my doctorate when Sammie is in college and I figure out what I want to do with my life. ;)

Ferris State University in Grand Rapids.

The whole program is either online or night/weekend classes. That rocks.

Well, except for the weekend ones. My weekends are usually pretty full.

And I feel the same way. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I do know, however, that I don't want to be grown up.

Jean DeVries said:
Thanks.

I love her....it's the show that Mandy Patinkin was on, right? And last year, that guy shot her and she almost died?

Anyway, since you guys are talking about going back to school - wanna know what I want to go back to school and study?

It's a little known fact outside of the foodies world that Grand Rapids Community College has one of the highest rated Culinary Schools in the nation! It is my dream to go there and get a degree in Culinary Arts (because it fits so well with my degree in Bible & Education, don't you think?:rolleyes: )
however, I won't be doing it for quite some time, since you aren't allowed to take classes PT in that program, and it's 35-40 CLASS HOURS :)eek: ) a week. There is a waiting list to get into the program. Sometimes I go online and just look at the classes and dream.

Yay for you, Kacey!

(I hate tea in all its forms. Well, maybe I can tolerate the herbal fruit teas!)

I loved the rasberry tea when we visited California. We have it at Sonic here, but it's not as good.

Yipee!!:sing: So glad you are finally getting some light into that blasted tunnel!! Now, if the judge would get HIS act together :grumpy: ...

There's green & orange pee floating around on here?!?:eek: I'm getting scared...

rennea said:

My understanding is that "Sweet Tea" is when you dissolve your "gobs" of sugar in hot/boiling water before adding it to your brewed tea. Just adding gobs of sugar to already brewed & chilled tea isn't the same!!

Great news!

ETA~ By the way I love sweet tea...lol...

Jean DeVries said:

Coffee either.

It's just money right....and those pieces o' papper look mighty purty hanging on a wall. They are just waiting for a thrid to be more visually appealing! LOL!

ChefBeckyD said:
It's a little known fact outside of the foodies world that Grand Rapids Community College has one of the highest rated Culinary Schools in the nation! It is my dream to go there and get a degree in Culinary Arts (because it fits so well with my degree in Bible & Education, don't you think?:rolleyes: ) however, I won't be doing it for quite some time, since you aren't allowed to take classes PT in that program, and it's 35-40 CLASS HOURS :)eek: ) a week. There is a waiting list to get into the program. Sometimes I go online and just look at the classes and dream.
It must be a Michigan thing. Schoolcraft Community College in the Detroit suburbs has a really fantastic reputation, too.

Congrats on DH's unemployment...hope its a sign for more good things to come.

Good for you guys...maybe you are on an upswing...crossing fingers for you for YOUR unemployment...
BTW, sweet tea is the BEST. My family always says to me "would you like a little tea w/ your sugar?" LOL

chefsteph07 said:
Good for you guys...maybe you are on an upswing...crossing fingers for you for YOUR unemployment...
BTW, sweet tea is the BEST. My family always says to me "would you like a little tea w/ your sugar?" LOL

I'll never forget the first time I took a swig of sweet tea. I'm a Northern girl, born and bred, and had never had sweet tea. Then I moved to SC....and found out very quickly that there are only 2 kinds of teas - Hot Tea, and Sweet Tea. I ordered Iced Tea at Rush's (if you are from the Columbia area, you know what that is!) and I almost spewed tea all over the room after my first drink.:yuck: I never developed a taste for it in the 6 years I lived there. I found that I could ask for tea w/o sugar - but when you do, you are automatically given a stack of artificial sweetener packets to go with it.

I"m a northern girl too, but my mom's family is southern...everything w/ gravy on it ya know...yum...amazing how many people I have met who do NOT like gravy!!!! When I go out to eat and order mashed potatoes I always get asked if I would like gravy w/ it, I must look at them like "DUH"...who WOULDN'T??? LOL

Sweet tea in our neighborhood group of ladies is known as "the house wine" my husband's neighbor makes it so sweet I have to dilute it about a tsp of his tea to a glass of waterwe always drink it in fancy wine glasses on my gazebo we're a hoot and she retires next week!! YIPPPEE more socializing

janetupnorth said:
I couldn't have said that any better! They are our two resident comedians!!

Kacey...that is great news!! Yeah for good news...you both need a break!!

KellyTheChef said:
I couldn't have said that any better! They are our two resident comedians!!

Kacey...that is great news!! Yeah for good news...you both need a break!!
Now I just have to keep DH from spending it on things he DOES not need! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
For all of you kindly following the Days of My Life- the saga continues as a fluffy, yet stunningly classy Kacey walks into her drawing room, holding a chilled glass of sweet tea.

Her housekeeper, Consuella answers the door within minutes of the grand chimes releasing their melodious sounds.... It's Ed McMahon and he's holding a rather large cardboard check written out to...

Oh, wait- sorry, that's not the good news, that's a re-occuring dream I have.

Okay, DH's unemployment was approved!! :) I just had to share that. So even though mine is being held until a judge decides if I was fired or not- DH at least has a few bucks coming in each week.

I wanted to pass on the good news so that you guys didn't think that only bad things happen to me.

That's awesome! We've had problems with unemployment in the last several months also, but we never got around to fighting it...unfortunately. We should have but we just had so much other stuff going on, and then hubby went on a deployment.

I'm so glad that at least something worked out for you! Good luck on yours!

<h2>1. What is the good news?</h2><p>The good news is that DH's unemployment was approved and he will have some income coming in each week.</p><h2>2. What is happening in the dream described?</h2><p>The dream described is about Kacey walking into her drawing room and being greeted by her housekeeper, Consuella. Ed McMahon is also present, holding a large check made out to Kacey. This is just a recurring dream and not the actual good news.</p><h2>3. What was the outcome of DH's unemployment claim?</h2><p>DH's unemployment claim was approved, meaning he will receive some financial support while he looks for a new job.</p><h2>4. What is the current status of Kacey's unemployment claim?</h2><p>Kacey's unemployment claim is still pending as it is being reviewed by a judge to determine if she was fired or not.</p><h2>5. Why did the author feel the need to share this good news?</h2><p>The author wanted to share the good news to show that not only bad things happen to them and to spread some positivity to their followers.</p>

Related to I Have Some Good News (Finally) :)

1. What is the good news?

The good news is that DH's unemployment was approved and he will have some income coming in each week.

2. What is happening in the dream described?

The dream described is about Kacey walking into her drawing room and being greeted by her housekeeper, Consuella. Ed McMahon is also present, holding a large check made out to Kacey. This is just a recurring dream and not the actual good news.

3. What was the outcome of DH's unemployment claim?

DH's unemployment claim was approved, meaning he will receive some financial support while he looks for a new job.

4. What is the current status of Kacey's unemployment claim?

Kacey's unemployment claim is still pending as it is being reviewed by a judge to determine if she was fired or not.

5. Why did the author feel the need to share this good news?

The author wanted to share the good news to show that not only bad things happen to them and to spread some positivity to their followers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
Back