• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Do Something Wrong at My First Bridal Show?

In summary, the host had a question about whether or not the consultant had anything to do with the decision to book with someone else. The consultant said that she did not and that she was hurt by the host's questions. The consultant also said that she is going to retake some classes and keep growing her business.
Soozeeq
I did a bridal show a couple of weeks ago and it was a great show - or so I thought. I have only done a few shows and that was my first bridal show. So, I get a call from the host who had some questions. One of her questions was as follows....

There are some people that want to book show but with a different consultant, do we have to work that out on our own? - Okay I was stunned and kind of hurt and I just said - uh yeah.

I got this show because another consultant wasn't available. When I told my director what happened, she thinks that maybe the other consultant offered them some fabulous incentive to book with her. I just don't know what to think. I do know that it had been a while since I did a show and I was probably a bit rusty and then I was really nervous as there were 20+ people there. That was a first for me. It was a $1000 show (another first for me).

I just don't know what to think. I told my director that I almost called her in tears. I didn't think I did a bad job. I sort of want to ask the host if I did something that made them want to book elsewhere but I won't do that. I need a pick me up! The McFlurry just didn't do it! :(

Susan

Oh, Susan ... how awful for you.

{{{{{{{{{Susan}}}}}}}}} This is really the best I can offer at this moment. Words just don't seem adequate.

{{{hugs}}} Poor you, I really think that she shouldn't have called you and asked. I think that it was really rude on her part. I'm bold myself and would have come out and asked why, but thats just me.

Just continue on with what your doing, sometimes we run into these situations and feelings are hurt. Your director might have been right about the incentives though cause your show did have great sales!! Sorry I couldn't be of more help:rolleyes:

Thanks for the hug! I just can't figure it out. My director really thinks that this consultant had something to do with it. The consultant is a director. I guess she has a reputation of doing things like that. The whole thing has really dropped my excitement a few pegs. I am not going to let it stop me. I went to our team meeting today and I asked to go observe my director's show so that I can get some new ideas. I am also going to retake the online classes and some teleclasses. I don't want this to stop me from growing my business.

Susan

mean people suck!

Soozeeq said:
Thanks for the hug! I just can't figure it out. My director really thinks that this consultant had something to do with it. The consultant is a director. I guess she has a reputation of doing things like that. The whole thing has really dropped my excitement a few pegs. I am not going to let it stop me. I went to our team meeting today and I asked to go observe my director's show so that I can get some new ideas. I am also going to retake the online classes and some teleclasses. I don't want this to stop me from growing my business.

Susan

That a girl don't let it bring you down!!:) :)

I really want to quit my banking job. I can't let this stop me. It hurts, yes, but I am a big girl, (pulling up my big girl panties) and I can learn from this and use it to make me stronger and better. I want to be a director but not that kind of director!

and yes, mean people suck! It is too bad that people feel they have to stomp on others to get ahead. Hmmm, I thought we were in this business to help people reach their goals. Maybe she got lost in the translation of that one!

Don't feel bad Susan ~ sometimes people want to be loyal to their consultant. It's nothing against you ~ it could be they've been doing shows with the other consultant for years.

Ginny

Familiar peopleUnfortunately people sometimes like to book their shows with people they know. You probably did a wonderful job and with a $1,000 show, it is obvious you did. They wouldn't have bought so much stuff if you didn't explain everything right and give them a great demo.
I'm sure they just wanted to have the shows with someone they knew who sold PC. I honestly wouldn't expect to get bookings from a show I filled in for a fellow PC chef if I knew they were her friends, family, contacts, etc.

Debbie :D

Actually... that's a good point... mean people still suck, but maybe there isn't a mean person in this story. Nice way to make us think positively...

DebbieSAChef said:
Unfortunately people sometimes like to book their shows with people they know. You probably did a wonderful job and with a $1,000 show, it is obvious you did. They wouldn't have bought so much stuff if you didn't explain everything right and give them a great demo.
I'm sure they just wanted to have the shows with someone they knew who sold PC. I honestly wouldn't expect to get bookings from a show I filled in for a fellow PC chef if I knew they were her friends, family, contacts, etc.

HEY... welcome back!!! Enjoying normal food again?

Susan,
Don't feel bad - I am sure it wasn't you! Be happy with the $1000 show - WOW that is great. Just keep talking to people and booking shows. Don't let this stop you - Go for that Directorship!!! You can do it - and we will see you go across stage next NC. Yeah!!! Bye the way thanks for hanging out with me on the Home Office Tour.

Yes!!Yes I am and it has been great! Although I can't go overboard. I have been keeping a water bottle next to me at all times. It should help me shed those baby pounds and keep me hydrated while I nurse my little one.

Ok didn't mean to hijack, back to the original thread!! LOL

Thanks everyone. I hadn't thought about it like that. I think I will choose to look at it that way. NOW on to becoming a DIRECTOR - who's with me?

Hey Chris! No no - thank you for hangin' with me. I enjoyed conference. I won't miss it ever again.

That's the right attitude! 3-2-1 and you can be Director in no time!!!

Yep - attitude is everything. I think I need to make that a sign in my office!

DebbieSAChef stole my thunder :), but my guess is that they have a close friend who is a consultant. The person who talked to you could have used much more tact, but don't take it personally. You obviously did a great job. Just keep up the good work.

Look yourself in the mirror, Tell yourself: The BOARD of directors has just met, and has agreed to give YOU a GIANT RAISE. It becomes effective just as soon as YOU DO!

Be a big girl and swallow your pride, call her back and ask the host who they wanted to book with instead. Ask why with the "I'm just curious, why did they want to work with Barbara?". You will learn a lot. Take the high road. Go ahead and call Barbara and give her the leads - You will feel SO GOOD because you took the high road, and you may learn something too. If you find anything wrong, shady, or unethical in what she did, tell your director and call the Home Office and speak to a supervisor in business services. Don't take it out on her or on the guests...let the Home Office or her exec upline deal with it...that's THEIR job.

Treat it like a business, not --sorry to be blunt-- a pajama party. You will increase in honesty, trust, experience, and customer service. It will come back to you tenfold! Is it hard, Yes! Is it the right thing to do? Absolutely yes. Who gets hurt - only you if you don't call. What have you got to lose? You already have these folks going to someone else maybe - but maybe not. And you'll never know unless you find out yourself. Good luck.

Hi Susan,

I just wanted to chime in that this really could have nothing to do with you, but as Scott says, why not ask? I have a very loyal host, Kari - she will go to other shows (she even calls me to ask what she should order!), but she ALWAYS books with me (she was my first bridal shower and has become a good friend since we first met); she lets the consultant know right away, though, so as to not offend her/him. This could be the same situation, especially since you were filling in for a consultant.

Good luck!

I filled in for a fellow consultant one time and told the people attending, I know that you all are used to her. If any of you wants to book a show with her let me know so I can let her know. For those of you who do not know her and are interested in booking a show, please let me know and I would be happy to help you out to have a successful fun show.

I agree, ask them - it is better to not assume. It may be akward though so think about how you word it. If it really is an incentive that this person offered, maybe it is one that you can do as well?!

GL

When I have had to fill in for a show, I have always discussed with the other consultant how we are going to handle bookings because in my eyes, I would not even have that show if it wasn't for her. So I have found it best to work out how those things are going to be handled before going into the show.

I am so sorry that happened to you (((((((HUGS)))))))).... unfortunally it does happen... I have had it happen to me as well.

Well I never talked to that consultant. The host called me. I guess the other consultant wasn't available so someone else gave her my name and my work number. That is okay, I will just know how to handle bookings should this arise in the future. Thanks for the ideas.

Susan

I wouldn't feel bad. I know that I have customers that will only have parties with me. Some of them even know that if they book at their friends party they can choose any consultant to host a show. If they are that loyal to the other consultant you might be happier letting her do the show. It is always difficult to fill someone else's shoes. Just mark them as a booking for your host so that she can get the booking benefit and maybe you can convert her to being your customer for life!!!

Related to Did I Do Something Wrong at My First Bridal Show?

What happened to cause your injury?

I was cooking in the kitchen and accidentally cut my finger while using a sharp knife.

Is your injury serious?

Thankfully, it was just a small cut and I was able to stop the bleeding and apply a bandage.

Do you need medical attention?

No, I took proper first aid measures and the cut is healing well on its own.

Does this injury affect your ability to work?

No, I am still able to perform my duties at Pampered Chef without any issues.

How can we prevent this type of injury in the future?

It's important to always be cautious when handling sharp objects in the kitchen and to use proper cutting techniques. It's also a good idea to have a first aid kit readily available in case of accidents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Patty Davis
  • shawk752