• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Any of You Win the Cluster Challenge?

In summary, the cluster challenge for the forged knife was not successful. Only 7 out of the 17 clusters that tried made it. Only three clusters earned the knife, and two of them were from the US.
Thank you Anne. I sent an email to HO.

I basically said what you girls had said. How unfair it was to those of us that held our end of the bargain and to not get anything wasnt right. It wasnt like we knew how close we were until it was too late.

You're welcome!

pamperedalf said:
My director took a class at conference, on how to help your downline promote and they said sites like theses don't help your consultant but hold them back. People get addicted and don't make cc calls or work their biz. They get lots of great ideas, however they never implement them into their biz.

So my director told me twice that she would like me to try and be off of here for a month and see how much more my biz will flourish. If I can't be off of here to record my time that I am on here, but also record the time I work the biz.

Sorry about giving you the long story version!

Wow I find I DO get great ideas I do implement ~ and quicker answers to questions. My director actually asked me to look for something here for her (6 pink bar boards - thanks for the reminder). :)

I also have to say that I mainly post after I have made all my calls or when its not a good time to call people (like now) or when I'm at the day job and I need a little sanity or pick me up!

My cluster needed 88 shows, we only had 50 some shows submitted. It was a hard gole to achieve. Wish the ones that met their show needs could get the knife!

88 Shows?!:eek:

I find out info from this board that I can't get out of my director. She treats ALOT of info as top secret when in reality a little more info would help me be more productive. I have told her about this sight and that she needed to just browse because of the awesome ideas and support. She disagrees.

Oh well - her loss - my gain!!!

Our Director jumped the gun and told us all we Earned it - Yippee!! Well, a few consultants LIED and when she got our numbers - we didn't earn it! She felt so bad, that she is going to reimburse us for the knives after we buy it at our discount. We only needed 12, but I submitted 4 myself! There was only 4 of us who made 2 or more shows.

Here's the bad news I heard (From 4+ Directors) at a Large Joint Cluster Meeting after Conference..... HO has MORE cluster challenges planned! The Directors were complaining about this one at Conference and my Hospitality Director was told "get used to it because we have more coming". She was mad! That's what I heard, but there were 4 Directors that confirmed it.

Contradicts what Katie stated above though about HO feeling bad.

Joanne

Just got mine today, and I am in love!!:)

pamperedalf said:
Just got mine today, and I am in love!!:)

Me too! Have to try it out tonight! Nice quality reminds me of Henkles knives.

Sooner PC said:
I find out info from this board that I can't get out of my director. She treats ALOT of info as top secret when in reality a little more info would help me be more productive. I have told her about this sight and that she needed to just browse because of the awesome ideas and support. She disagrees.

Oh well - her loss - my gain!!!
I agree with you. I have an amazing relationship with my director and I don't think she keeps things secret on purpose, but since she's been doing this much longer, won't mention something because it slips her mind.

BethCooks4U said:
Many worked hard and did much more than the minimum and should be rewarded for that. I don't think that PC should give the knife for free to those who's cluster didn't make it but half price would be better. I usually am very motivated by our incentives but I hated this one. We are all in business for ourselves and our sales incentives should not be determined by what others do or don't do but once they set the bar they couldn't lower it.

I am right there with you Beth!! And I agree with Anne as well. Our cluster needed 114 shows (ouch) IN JUNE!! I worked my tail off to cover myself and my new recruits shows and then some. I was very disappointed that they did not make a WONDERFUL gester at conference - ya know like "Well this incentive didn't go so well (APLAUSE - APLAUSE - the crowd goes nuts) - so we are giving those of you who DID qualify the knife for FREE!!" (OK - - OK) or " We are going to offer it to you for 50% off".

How embarrassing to not have it available for your customers to see!!

Just my thoughts....

no, we didn't get it. we couldn't find anyone at conference who had earned it either.

I hope they can redesign the cluster challenges if they are going to be doing more of them. I don't think it promoted teamwork for the most part. We say that there is an apron for everyone including the hobbyist. If that is true then why make these goals that penalize teams that have a larger portion of part-time/hobbyist consultants? I think this makes you want to filter out those consultants that aren't working the one show a week level or above.

I actually felt bad that I had two consultants that signed on during February and were struggling to get shows. They didn't have any shows in June and another one was on trips so only had one. When I found out our cluster was far away from meeting the goal I actually felt relieved that it wasn't me and my part of the team that made us lose but really a lot of different people.

Well, I guess we'll see what they come out with.

Anne, have you received an email back from HO re: cluster challenge? I think I got a general response like thank you for contacting the HO or something like that.

haven't heard a thing.

The cluster I am in didnt make it either. I did 5 shows (which is alot for me...I work full time and we moved and went on vacation in June too!). I was so excited because I assumed everyone else would work their butt off to get the knife...I guess I was wrong. I was a little annoyed...but I guess rules are rules. this is why I always hated group projects in school!

Congrats to everyone that did earn it...I am jealous!!!

My cluster made it, we had to have 58 shows and our cluster did 64 shows. I personally submitted 9 shows. We worked our behinds off, but we made it!

Becki Oeswein
Independent Consultant
Carson City, NV

amerrigan said:
this is why I always hated group projects in school!
ME TOO!!!!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkeri
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefkeri
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76