• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Met the Cluster Challenge Quota?

In summary, our cluster failed to hit the required number of shows for the month. We are only 1 show away from not making it, but we are hopeful that we will be able to make it.
TinasKitchen
I know we are close to it but not sure if we will hit it. Our director didnt say how close we were but asked us to submit more shows by the end of today. I had a show that was close to $250 and she said for me not to add my own $$ in to make it $250.. now i wish I would've!

anyone actually know if their cluster hit the quota?

Ok I just saw my directors attachment and we are 16 away! I'm mad I didnt add the extra $$ onto the order.. uggggh!

We needed 74 and will have only about half of that. Seems that a few do much more than needed, and many do none...it's the way the business works. Some people have different goals and uses for their businesses and it isn't all about the sales or the shows for them, and some are just having a bad month.

I made my shows (4 above $250), but my month was very low, only around$2000 in sales. My 4 recruits only submitted 1 show above $250 all together. :(

I just talked to my Director over my lunch break and we are less than 10 shows away at this point - and she's not sure if anyone else has any to submit. She's thinking there are probably a few more out there to close from the folks who don't stay in touch, but we'll probably end up just a few shows shy!! Sadly, we far exceeded our required count last month! :(

on Tuesday we were half way there. We only needed 35, and we had 18. I think we will make it, but not sure. I closed 5 shows AFTER that count, and I know my director was closing 3 after then, but I could be surprised in the end. I did 7 shows, so I think I did more than my part. Each of my recruits did 1 each, but they were not in the total needed, because June is their SS#1, so theirs should be counted as extra. I guess there must be some in our cluster that did not do any shows, since I covered 2 1/2 other people with my 7 shows.

To me its not fair, that we have to make up for inactive consultants also!!:mad:

Since so many people didnt meet the required # (we think) is it possible HO would change the quota? or am I dreaming? (i'm ending my 4th month w/ PC so I can only dream lol)

Do you mean considered inactive by the company or people who are just hit or miss with their business? If they were officially inactive to the company at the beginning of May when the counts were determined, then you don't have to make up for them. But on the bright side, if someone was considered inactive by the company and submitted a show in June, that is a bonus count!

We are 1 away, and I am going nuts waiting to see if we will get it. I am closing 6 shows today, all of which I have been trying to close all week. It's driving me absolutely nuts that nobody is closing on time.
I am sure I will be black listed at HO, they are just going to love me!

Amanda thats awesome that you are one away.. I'm sure someone will come up with something!

I just got a call from my director. Our team needed 416 shows and we did not make it. I am disappointed. That's alot of shows.

Wow, 416 shows? That's a lot! Sometimes, it's good to be in a small cluster. We only had to do 16, but it's still uncertain as to whether or not we'll make it! :confused:

I have no clue if our cluster made it havent heard from my director but I am sad to say I did not submit my 2 shows of 250 in sales I have one show tonight that I told her I wanted to close tonight and I am sure that will be over 250 but i had to combine 2 shows just to hit 150 in sales so I hope our cluster did it without my help they needed 78, I also do realize that I do not get the free product if my cluster meets the challenge.

I am so excited our cluster just made it, w/ 1 show to spare. I can't wait for conference to see what we get. It better be good because I have been sweating bullets all day to see if we would make it. I wish I was sweating off pounds.

We won't be making it! It's so sad..... I had 3 shows over $250. I did just make my $1,500 tonight! I'm so happy:) I had to make some phone calls to get there, but a past host came through for me:)! I really wanted to kiss her, but I'think I'll just give her a free gift!

My cluster count was 16, unfortunately, me and a director under me (doesn't count for cluster challenge) seem to be sustaining my directorship, as nobody else does anything. I was determined to do 12-16 shows myself, so we wouldn't have to count on flakes, but I took 2 1/2 weeks off for the cruise (added Disney to the end), so my June is showing my lack of work. Then, like lots of other consultants, I had cancellations in June.

Here's my beef: May 1 they determined my count at 16, but the list on my cluster challenge report only lists 3 consultants on my team (one of which is on leave of absence). Soooo, the other 2 and myself were responsible for 16 shows.

I am not sure if my cluster made it, we had 64 to do, last I heard only about 8 shows turned in. I turned in my 2 shows. I think everyone that turned in two shows should get the product even if the cluster didn't meet the number they were designated. My free products shouldn't depend on what other consultants do or in this case (and the case of other clusters from the sound of it), what other consultants don't do.

I told my recruiter I thought the challenge stunk anyway. For one they have it in a month where no one wants the host special, why not have the July or August host special for the cluster challenge, everyone wants those products. And why 250 instead of the usual 150? I feel we were sabotaged from the get go by the HO.

As has been mentioned regarding other "beefs", definitely let HO know about your concerns. THis was the first time they had a cluster-wide challenge (to my knowledge) and I'm sure it was to test out the waters and see how it went. Hopefully if they do something like this again, they'll reformat it. Usually if they get lots of negative feedback about something, the details will change or they'll scratch the idea.

As for my cluster, our goal was 22 and IF we made it, we made it right on the nose. Unfortunately it's a weekend and I don't know if the tally Directors can access on Consultant's Corner may not be updated. Plus, I can't even get into that to pull up my cluster challenge tally right now since something seems to be down. I can't access the Performance Tracker either. It's driving me crazy because I want to know!! And I want to let my cluster know. Thanks to some GREAT performers on my team this month, we actually have a shot. I submitted 8 shows and luckily there were a couple consultants who submitted 4 or 5. There were about 3 other shows or so that weren't above $250 in guest sales, so those didn't count:( . I just want to know the OFFICIAL word!!!

This is the first time I can remember having to meet a challenge as a team. I can not control how other people run their business! Why should we have to "make up" for people who don't want to earn the extra rewards? I want rewards based on my business not people around me!

Guess you can see I'm bitter because we didn't make up for those inactive and slow consultants.

Our cluster was 3 over! Woo-hoo!

Katrob said:
This is the first time I can remember having to meet a challenge as a team. I can not control how other people run their business! Why should we have to "make up" for people who don't want to earn the extra rewards? I want rewards based on my business not people around me!

Guess you can see I'm bitter because we didn't make up for those inactive and slow consultants.
I can understand that frustration!!! Maybe what they should do in the future is make the "prize" for a cluster-wide challenge on some type of sliding scale. Where the ones who submit more shows get a bigger chunk of the prize. Or get something that's of more value. I guess that's pretty much what they do for the Sell-A-Thon....award those that do more. But it would be neat if they could work the same idea into a cluster challenge.

It'll be interesting to see what they change in the future!!

Katrob said:
I want rewards based on my business not people around me!

I'm riding in that 'bitter boat' with you!:( :mad: Our cluster was supposed to submit 20 shows and we didn't make it either. I really didn't think that 2 shows per person was a hard challenge (heck, I submitted 5 - and a few of those were bareley over the limit). I don't think that a team challenge for an individual reward was fair and I hope they don't do it again.

As soon as I find out who to send my comments to at Home Office I plan to let them know as well. I really hope they rethink this one and reward those of us who worked hard on this challenge.

We made it, but I didn't think it was fair either. I did all the work for my team. I submitted 10 shows that qualify.
My direcetor submitted five and 3 other people submitted one. It frustrates me that I did all the work to make sure me and my director would get it. She could care less if she got it or not. I have been stressed all week, oh well!

It was the same for me, too. We had a goal that included two inactive consultants and my director and I REALLY wanted that new product, so she and I did it and I have to say I'm proud, my new recruit did 2!!!

What my hospitality director mentioned that I hadn't thought of about the $250 was if they were going to make that the new "goal" instead of the regular $150. That would suck for alot of people! If a show isn't qualified unless it reaches $250. Could you imagine?

Chef Kearns said:
What my hospitality director mentioned that I hadn't thought of about the $250 was if they were going to make that the new "goal" instead of the regular $150. That would suck for alot of people! If a show isn't qualified unless it reaches $250. Could you imagine?

Kinda like how they increased the guest special purchase requirement? It used to be, "Spend $50 and get XX free." Now it's, "Spend $60 and get XX free!"

Hope they keep the minimum show order at $150....but maybe they are losing too much on shipping that way?!? Just thinking aloud...

That would stink. Its already hard to tell someone their show doesn't "count".

pamperedalf said:
We made it, but I didn't think it was fair either. I did all the work for my team. I submitted 10 shows that qualify.
My direcetor submitted five and 3 other people submitted one. It frustrates me that I did all the work to make sure me and my director would get it. She could care less if she got it or not. I have been stressed all week, oh well!

if you were the only one that submitted shows, then you will be the only one that the product ships to.

Chef Kearns said:

My Hospitality director was thinking the same thing.:(

showhi
I agree its not fair some of us did 6 and 7 shows this month and should have been able to get it but others did 1 or even nothing ths month . Aso our Directiors First line should be able to have her Directiors in her total but they are not ........
I don't think many people are going to get this one .... I just read the flyer again and Dont think anyone gets the product unless you made the challange so even if you did the 2 shows you will not get it
Doreen Zaino

Last edited:
rayday said:
My Hospitality director was thinking the same thing.:(
It has already been confirmed with HO that they will NOT be raising the amount to $250 to count as a show - they only did it for this incentive to compendaet for the high value of the reward.

pamperedlinda said:
As soon as I find out who to send my comments to at Home Office I plan to let them know as well. I really hope they rethink this one and reward those of us who worked hard on this challenge.
You would send your comments to Field Services. Their email is listed under Home Office Emails on Consultant's Corner.

We Made It!!!We had to submit 54 shows...it was down to the wire...BUT WE DID IT~!!:D \
My poor director was working her butt off all that day...I saw here yesterday and she was so exhausted....seven of us will get the fall product.

My cluster needed 54. HO did the "head count" at the beginning of May...well during that month, my Director had SIX people tell her they were no longer going to be doing the business. So, then, we lost twelve shows (if everybody did their two), but HO wouldn't drop them from the count...plus, like most clusters, we have many people who are "hobbyists" and don't WANT to do more than one show a month (or less)...So, to say least, we didn't make it! I don't think we even came close...

Well I don't know if we made it or not, but I goofed up and didn't finish transmitting my 2nd show, (It's been a rough few months for me due to health issues), I thought I did, but pp showed it wasn't transmitted when I couldn't find it on CC, so if we missed it by one, I will be severly bummed. Not so much for me, but for the rest of my cluster. :(

Aww, Kim... Try not to be too bummed. It happens.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mgressaffa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
chefann