• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Designing Recipes on Postcards: Ideas & Inspiration

In summary, the postcards that Jen is using are a Cranberry border on a regular postcard with a Mom's Apple Crisp recipe, and she is also doing a flyer type thing with Shop from your seat, not your feet. She also has show to get gifts for others, etc. on the back. There are also some choices for calendars- a desk calendar, a Wall Calendar, or 10 magnet calendars. And Janet - great idea! She is going to get some to give to her Jan hosts when she mails reminder letters in December.
momoftwins
Ok ladies! I need to figure out what to put on a few free items.

Standard Postcards
Oversized postcards
Tshirt

I am just clueless! I know a lot of you have done recipes - have you done them on a postcard?????? If so, what designs to you use?? Thanks in advance!

I haven't done the oversized cards or the t-shirt
(Jennifer - jrstephens -had a thread about it though I think)

But for the regular postcard - right now I am using one with just a cranberry border. I have the Mom's Apple Crisp recipe on it, and on the back I have all of my contact info, with some info on types of shows (Cooking, Catalog, FR, Bridal, etc....)

These are what I've done for recipes.Veggie Pizza
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/VeggieP2.jpgVeggie Pizza (magnet, but it's postcard sized)
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/VeggieP.jpgZesty Salsa
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/Salsa.jpg

I do a little flyer type thing. Shop from your seat, not your feet. Avoid the crowd show. Have show to get gifts for others, etc. I hand them out at booths. However, I THOUGHT I'd just ordered some and they aren't on my current order! :cry: I wanted them for my upcoming booths in the next 2 weeks!!

Just got this email from Vista Print:

PREMIUM BUSINESS CARDS 250 Reg. $19.99 NOW FREE
2008 CALENDARS 1 Reg. 19.99 NOW FREE
STANDARD POSTCARDS 100 Reg.$24.99 NOW FREE
2008 CALENDAR MAGNETS 10 Reg.$12.99 NOW FREE
FREE RUBBER STAMPS 1 FREE GREAT VALUE
HOLIDAY CARDS 10 Reg. start at $7.99 NOW FREE
T-SHIRTS 1 Reg. $9.49 NOW FREE
NOTE PADS 1 Reg. $7.99 NOW FREE
OVERSIZED POSTCARDS 50 Reg.$19.99 NOW FREE
Hurry! Act now! Sale ends October 19, 2007!

Email me with your email address if you want the link to take advantage of this!

The premium business cards aren't always free - and they also have the calendar as part of this offer!

I just got the calendar magnets to give to some hosts the beginning of the year.

FYI- the calendar is a little desk one, like realtors and mechanics hand out. But you can customize it with your info and pick a set of pictures.

chefann said:
FYI- the calendar is a little desk one, like realtors and mechanics hand out. But you can customize it with your info and pick a set of pictures.

Actually - this time there are choices....the desk calendar, a Wall Calendar, or a set of 10 magnet calendars, like Janet did.

And Janet - that is great idea.....I think I may get some to give to my Jan hosts when I mail them reminder letters in Dec. I can circle their show date in red!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Actually - this time there are choices....the desk calendar, a Wall Calendar, or a set of 10 magnet calendars, like Janet did.

And Janet - that is great idea.....I think I may get some to give to my Jan hosts when I mail them reminder letters in Dec. I can circle their show date in red!:D

If I can get to the picture of mine on Vista, I'll e-mail you what I picked...

I make up postcards to insert into my mini catties...

10% off an order
Free recipe ingredients for their show
Gift if they refer someone who contacts me

That's cool that it's choices! I had clicked through an email from earlier in the week and it was desk calendar only.

chefann said:
That's cool that it's choices! I had clicked through an email from earlier in the week and it was desk calendar only.

Check your e-mail again Ann, they send an "extended 24 hours" one or something similar.

The thing with Vista is if you want something, wait a week and it'll come around as a sale! :)

I like to wait until it is ALL on sale and take my pick and save S/H.

chefann said:

That's why I thought this one was so good! I think this is the first time I have seen choices for the calendar!

janetupnorth said:
Check your e-mail again Ann, they send an "extended 24 hours" one or something similar.

The thing with Vista is if you want something, wait a week and it'll come around as a sale! :)

I like to wait until it is ALL on sale and take my pick and save S/H.

So true! That's what I do too!

You have e-mail Becky.

janetupnorth said:
You have e-mail Becky.

Just checked! Actually had 2 from you! :)

Love the calendars - and the "hoping your time....." sentence.

And I am doing better today. I think I just needed an opportunity to talk it out!
Thanks!

Thanks for all your help ladies!!! I too picked some calendar magnets and plan on giving them out to January hosts or preferred hosts!!!!!

Related to Designing Recipes on Postcards: Ideas & Inspiration

1. How do I come up with ideas for recipes to include on my postcard?

There are several ways you can come up with ideas for your recipe postcards. You can browse through cookbooks, food blogs, and magazines for inspiration. You can also think about your favorite dishes and try to put a unique spin on them. Another option is to ask friends and family for their favorite recipes and adapt them for your postcard.

2. Can I use my own photos for the recipe postcard?

Yes, you can definitely use your own photos for your recipe postcard. In fact, using your own photos can make your postcards more personal and unique. Just make sure the photos are clear and well-lit so that they showcase the dish in the best possible way.

3. How many recipes should I include on one postcard?

It ultimately depends on the size of your postcard and the complexity of the recipes. As a general rule, we recommend including no more than 2-3 recipes on one postcard. This will ensure that the postcard is visually appealing and the recipes are easy to follow.

4. What are some design elements I should consider when creating my recipe postcard?

Some key design elements to consider are the layout, font, and color scheme. The layout should be clean and organized, making it easy for readers to follow the recipe steps. The font should be legible and easy to read. You can also play around with different font styles to add a touch of personality to your postcard. Lastly, choose a color scheme that complements the dish and makes the postcard visually appealing.

5. Can I include my contact information or business logo on the recipe postcard?

Yes, you can definitely include your contact information or business logo on the recipe postcard. This is a great way to promote your business and make it easier for customers to reach you. Just make sure to keep the design elements balanced and not too overwhelming, so the focus remains on the recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinb
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
paigev71
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefmeg