• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Warm Almond Mini Cakes Recipe - Easy to Make at Home!

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for a recipe for almond cakes that they saw on Merrill's website. They couldn't find it on the website or in the recipe search, but eventually found it in a different cookbook. They provided the recipe for the almond cakes and a strawberry sauce to go with it. The conversation ends with the person thanking the original poster for finding the recipe and expressing excitement to make it.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
I was looking through Merrill's site and saw this recipe on one of the marketing cards - does anyone have the recipe? I can see the ingredients list but not how to make them!

Please, I searched CC but no luck - does anyone have it?

Thanks,
Karen

well, they sound yummy to me. I love almond!

I can picture them but cannot remember where they were. I couldn't find them in the recipe search and usually I can find stuff there. Maybe email the test kitchen and ask them.

Found it - if you look below there are similar threads and it says it's in the More Latin Flavor. When I look it up on CC it only shows one recipe under that cookbook. If I have time later, I might be able to type it up for you.

Here you go!1/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
1 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tbsp butter, softened, divided
1 box (9 oz) white cake mix
3/4 cup sour cream
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp almond extractStrawberries & Sauce
8 oz fresh strawberries, hulled (2 cups quartered)
1tbsp granulated sugar
1/3 cup sour cream
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp almond extractPreheat oven to 350F. Place almonds into small micro cooker. Microwave, covered, on high 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring every 20 seconds. Set half of the almonds aside. Grate remaining almonds using Rotary Grater. Combine grated almonds and sugar in Pinch Bowl. Brush insides of six (1-cup) Prep Bowls with 1 tbsp of the butter; sprinkle with almond mixture.Place remaining butter into Classic Batter Bowl; microwave on high 15-20 seconds or until melted. Add cake mix, sour cream, egg and extract; whisk 1 minute or until smooth. Scoop batter evenly into prepared bowls. Place bowls on Medium Sheet Pan; bake 24-26 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in bowls 5 minutes; invert onto serving plates.Slice strawberries into quarters using Paring Knife. Place strawberries and granulated sugar in Stainless (2-qt) Mixing Bowl; mix well. Combine sour cream, brown sugar and extract in Small Batter Bowl; whisk until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle sauce over cakes; serve with strawberries and reserved almonds.

Thank you Thank you!!!Can't wait to make these :)Karen

thehaleykitchen said:
Thank you Thank you!!!

Can't wait to make these :)

Karen

Your welcome - hope there wasn't any typing errors :eek:

1. How do I make the Warm Almond Mini Cakes?

To make the Warm Almond Mini Cakes, you will need the following ingredients: 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1/2 cup of almond flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/2 cup of melted butter, 1/2 cup of milk, 2 eggs, and 1 tsp of almond extract. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini muffin pan. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter, milk, eggs, and almond extract. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until well combined. Pour the batter into the greased mini muffin pan and bake for 12-15 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!

2. Can I substitute almond flour with another type of flour?

Yes, you can substitute almond flour with other types of flour such as all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour. However, the texture and taste of the Warm Almond Mini Cakes may be slightly different.

3. Can I use a regular-sized muffin pan instead of a mini muffin pan?

Yes, you can use a regular-sized muffin pan to make larger almond cakes. The baking time may need to be adjusted to 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on the cakes and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

4. How do I store the leftover Warm Almond Mini Cakes?

The Warm Almond Mini Cakes can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. To keep them fresh for longer, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You can also freeze the cakes for up to 3 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator before serving.

5. Can I add any toppings or glaze to the Warm Almond Mini Cakes?

Yes, you can add toppings or glaze to the Warm Almond Mini Cakes to enhance their flavor. Some popular options include powdered sugar, sliced almonds, whipped cream, or a simple glaze made with powdered sugar and almond extract. Get creative and add your own twist to these delicious mini cakes!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• paultorres
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
Replies
Views
Admin Greg