• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups: Tips for Perfect Tortilla Cups

In summary, the tortilla cups taste great, but you have to cut the slits deeper and then help the torilla overlap some.
Chef Stacy Edwards
I have made these 2 times LOVE LOVE them, But I need some help or any suggestions if anyone has made these, I can't seem to get the tortilla cups to work out in the mini muffing pan, they tear and won't stay formed before they go into the oven. I used a bag of Tortilla scoops tonight at home and that was still just as good, but would like to know if there is a trick to the cups. TIA

You have to cut the slits deeper and then help the torilla overlap some.

Ok I was getting so upset with these. I will do that next time, diffently want to do these cups before a show. My lab (dog) was getting his treat tonight while making them.... Thank you Deb for your reply.

The ceviche cups are great for a Madrid in May/March show or a Taste of Spain type show.

I also had problems with the tortillas and I tried them every which way. I finally went and bought some of the precooked phylo dough molds next to the cool whip. All you do is warm them in the oven. They really tasted great. I know you aren't using the muffin pan, but it is not as hard. I told the guest at my open house (the ones that actually noticed they were store bought) that I ran out of time because I had all this other food. You can actually place them in the muffin pan to warm up too or just the bar pan works.

The tortillas do taste great. Also, I use the leftover mixture as a salad topping. Yummy

I had problems initially too....but then I took a closer look at the demo video and realized I wasn't folding in two of the opposite sides. That made a big difference....as does going a little heavy on the oil. :)

I also had some trouble. I think I would rather use the wonton cups instead for a show since you are still using the mini muffin pan and the wonton cups are amazing.

I asked about these on a thread about a month ago. Someone said they microwaved the tortillas first. I'm sure that will help because when I microwave tortillas for tacos they don't seem to split apart as easily, but only do a few at a time because they cool off quite quickly.

Does anyone have this recipe typed out? Thanks!

It's on CC, with the Taste of the Tropics show from last spring.

Related to Delicious Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups: Tips for Perfect Tortilla Cups

What are the ingredients in the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups?

The Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups contain shrimp, avocado, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and tortilla cups.

How do I make the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups?

To make the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups, start by cooking the shrimp and chopping it into small pieces. Then mix the chopped shrimp with diced avocado, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. Spoon the mixture into tortilla cups and serve chilled.

Can I make the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups ahead of time. However, it is best to assemble them just before serving to ensure that the tortilla cups stay crispy.

Are the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups gluten-free?

Yes, the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups are gluten-free as long as you use gluten-free tortilla cups. You can also make your own tortilla cups using corn tortillas.

Can I use a different type of seafood in the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups?

Yes, you can use a different type of seafood in the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups. Some popular substitutions include cooked crab, cooked lobster, or cooked fish such as tilapia or cod.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefkeri
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies