• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious BBQ Tortilla Cups - But How Did I Do It?

In summary, the cups were difficult to make and some people did not like them because they popped out of the cups.
Humble Beginnings
Ok I made these yesterday for BBQ and everyone loved them. My only problem was getting the cups right. I cut the tortilla into squares and then cut each corner in, but I couldn't shape them right in the mini cups. Some did come out but after much much work. Did I miss something? I did coat both sides with oil but some just wouldn't stay down to form the cup. The ones that did make it were gone within minutes of putting them out.

You have to cut the slits deeper than the recipe says. The cups are a pain, but they are cute and fun.

I had the same experience the first time I made them - the second time I did what Deb posted above (I actually tried a few different ways before I realized it) and it worked better - First time I made them for the family - second time I made them and brought the mixture in a chillzane bowl and cups separately to the Jimmy Buffet concert - Again a huge it! Extra mixture tastes great with Nacho chips as well - Might try them in the scoops version of Tositados!

Carol, I made these today and had the same problem. I think they need to be cut 1 1/4 in. in as I had some pop back out of the cup during baking. I wonder if egg roll sized wontons would work better?

I did these once for a demo and won't do them again. They were great tasting and the guests loved them, but it was very difficult to work with the tortillas in the muffin pan, they kept tearing and popping out!! You could always make the filling and then use the scoop chips!

Whew thought it was just me. Thanks for all the advice. I like the wonton wrapper idea and just using it as a dip.

I also put the Chipotle Rub in the sour cream. That was delicious!

Related to Delicious BBQ Tortilla Cups - But How Did I Do It?

1. How do I make the BBQ tortilla cups?

To make the delicious BBQ tortilla cups, you will need mini muffin tins, flour tortillas, BBQ sauce, shredded cheese, and your choice of protein (such as shredded chicken or ground beef). To assemble, preheat your oven to 375°F and lightly spray the muffin tins with cooking spray. Cut the tortillas into small circles using a cookie cutter or the rim of a drinking glass. Place the tortilla circles into the muffin tins, pressing down to form a cup shape. Then, fill each cup with BBQ sauce, cheese, and your choice of protein. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tortilla cups are crispy and the cheese is melted.

2. Can I use a different type of sauce instead of BBQ sauce?

Yes, you can definitely customize the recipe and use a different type of sauce if you prefer. Some popular alternatives to BBQ sauce include salsa, ranch dressing, or buffalo sauce. You can also mix and match different sauces to create unique flavor combinations.

3. Can I make these tortilla cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these BBQ tortilla cups ahead of time for easy entertaining or meal prep. Assemble the cups and place them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking. Alternatively, you can bake the cups ahead of time and reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving.

4. What protein options work best in these tortilla cups?

The beauty of this recipe is that you can use any protein you like or have on hand. Shredded chicken, ground beef or turkey, pulled pork, or even tofu or beans are all great options. You can also mix and match different proteins in each cup for variety.

5. Can I make these tortilla cups vegetarian or gluten-free?

Yes, you can easily make these tortilla cups vegetarian by omitting the protein or using a meat alternative. To make them gluten-free, be sure to use gluten-free tortillas. You can also use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas for a gluten-free option. Just make sure to adjust the baking time as corn tortillas may cook faster.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kspry
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76