• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfecting Avocado Salsa Cups: Tips for Making the Best Seasonal Snack

In summary, to make avocado salsa cups, halve and pit ripe avocados, chop them into small pieces, mix with diced tomatoes, minced red onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper, and spoon into tortilla cups. You can make them ahead of time by storing the filling in the fridge and bake when ready to serve. Some variations include adding bell peppers, black beans, corn, or shredded chicken, and you can prevent them from getting soggy by draining excess liquid and lightly toasting the tortilla cups. You can also use store-bought salsa, but making your own fresh salsa is recommended.
Chef.Wanda
Gold Member
In Seasons Best , have been trying to form the cups for the avocado salsa cups..I have followed the directions and the cups just keep rising up from the mini muffin pan. I get about 4 good ones from the whole batch. I have tried cutting more than a inch and have tried pricking the bottom, but they just keep rising up and are not cups..how do you do it? Thanks for your help

They're tricky. Use the thinnest tortillas you can find, and if you warm them slightly, they'll soften up.

will try that.. thank you so much

what about wonton wrappers? they are much thinner...

!Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the avocado salsa cups. I've made them before and had similar issues, so I completely understand your frustration. One thing that has helped me is to make sure that the tortillas are very soft and pliable before trying to form them into the cups. You can also try pressing them into the muffin pan with a small glass or measuring cup to help keep them in place. Additionally, I found that using a non-stick mini muffin pan works better than a regular one. I hope these tips help and you're able to successfully make the cups. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

1. How do I make the avocado salsa cups?

To make avocado salsa cups, start by halving and pitting ripe avocados. Scoop out the flesh and chop it into small pieces. In a separate bowl, mix together diced tomatoes, minced red onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Gently fold in the avocado pieces. Spoon the mixture into tortilla cups and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Serve warm and enjoy!

2. Can I make the avocado salsa cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the avocado salsa cups ahead of time. Prepare the filling and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, simply spoon the filling into tortilla cups and bake as directed. This is a great option for party appetizers or meal prepping.

3. What are some variations for the avocado salsa cups?

You can customize the avocado salsa cups to your liking by adding different ingredients. Some popular variations include adding diced bell peppers, black beans, corn, or shredded chicken to the filling. You can also experiment with different types of tortilla cups, such as mini wonton cups or puff pastry cups.

4. How do I prevent the avocado salsa cups from getting soggy?

To prevent the avocado salsa cups from getting soggy, make sure to drain any excess liquid from the tomato mixture before adding it to the avocado. You can also lightly toast the tortilla cups in the oven for a few minutes before filling them to create a barrier between the filling and the cup.

5. Can I use store-bought salsa for the avocado salsa cups?

Yes, you can use store-bought salsa for the avocado salsa cups. However, we recommend making your own fresh salsa for the best flavor. Simply combine diced tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper to your liking. You can also add in some diced avocado for extra creaminess.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefClairissa
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • lacychef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
Replies