• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shrimp Ceviche: Dip or Cups? Any Tips from Experienced Hosts?

In summary, a seasoned host and past Pampered Chef consultant is planning an "unorthodox" show where she wants to mix all the ingredients for Shrimp Ceviche into a dip instead of serving it in tortilla cups. The host suggested using Tostitos flour tortilla chips or making Jamaican Jerk Rub tortilla chips to serve with the dip. The newbie consultant also suggested using traditional tortilla chips or Tostitos cups for those who prefer to have the ceviche as a dip. The director of the consultant's cluster meeting had success with serving half the recipe as a dip. The consultant plans to use the chip idea for a show in July.
chefkeri
I have a host today who wants me to mix everything into a dip style and not to portion it out into the tortilla cups...Has anyone done the Shrimp Ceviche this way? Any advice? PS: she is a seasoned host & past PL consultant... this is going to be a very "unorthodox" show...Thanks:D

have you seen those flour tortila chips from Tostitos? They would probably be a good "chip" type thing to serve w/it. Or making tortilla chips w/the Jamaican Jerk Rub. I did that when I made the Shrimp Ceviche for my show 2 weeks ago. Everyone loved it and said I didn't have enough chips. I had made the Ceviche cups but had left over filling that I put in a bowl & used the left over cut up tortillas for chips.

I'm still a newbie but as an avid cook who loves to throw a party/get together, I've always served ceviche as a stand alone appetizer.... especially in martini glasses for extra "flair".

I think the Tostitos cups would be a great way for folks to have the ceviche as a dip for those that choose to do so. Even the traditional circular or triangular ones would be great too. Since your host doesn't want it portioned out, I would try to have the presentation/serving ware try to highlight the dish and make it "pop"... so that the focus isn't so much on the ceviche but the serving ware :)

My director did half the recipe that way for our cluster meeting. It works fine. I'd also serve it with Tostito cups or big tortilla chips.Good luck!

I'm going to use the chip idea for a show I have in July! Thanks! The hostess wanted the cups, but I did not like the tortilla cups when I made it last time. This is exactly why I LOVE this site! Great ideas.

Related to Shrimp Ceviche: Dip or Cups? Any Tips from Experienced Hosts?

1. What is ceviche?

Ceviche is a popular Latin American dish typically made with raw fish or seafood marinated in citrus juice and mixed with vegetables and spices.

2. Are the ceviche cups pre-made or do I have to assemble them myself?

Our ceviche cups come pre-made and ready to serve, making them a convenient and hassle-free option for any gathering or party.

3. Can I make my own ceviche to fill the cups with?

Yes, you can definitely make your own ceviche to fill the cups with. We have a variety of recipes available that you can try, or you can get creative and make your own unique version using your favorite ingredients.

4. Are the ceviche cups suitable for vegetarians or vegans?

Our ceviche cups are made with seafood, so they are not suitable for vegetarians or vegans. However, we do offer a variety of vegetarian and vegan-friendly options that you can serve alongside the ceviche cups.

5. How long can the ceviche cups be stored for?

Our ceviche cups should be stored in the refrigerator and consumed within 24 hours for optimal freshness and taste. We do not recommend freezing the cups as it may affect the texture and flavor of the ceviche.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcjulie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pcjulie
Replies
Views
julesh
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies