• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Hosting a Mens Only Cooking Show: Ideas and Success Strategies

In summary, Suzy is stockpiling ideas for a men's cooking show and is unsure of the best format. She is also planning an open house with food and beer. Her husband is hosting a show and is hoping for outside orders.
Tracy Cameron
I need some help from all you fellow cheffers. You all have such amazing ideas and suggestions, I just had to seek your advice. I have the husband of a friend who is very interested in hosting a mens only cooking show, with the hopes of enticing his friends to come and shop for their significant others for Christmas gifts. I'd like to know if any one out there has done this before, and excactly how you all "pulled" it off. I've had some ideas shared by my directors about wearing a carpenter's tool belt with our "tools" in it, to serve the touchdown taco dip and beer of course, but I wanted to hear any other success tips you all may have. Thanks in advance for all your help.

If you do a seach in the file section on "men" you will see a bunch of ideas for mens only parties.

There's also a flyer that you can give to the wives/girlfriends/significant others to fill out so the men can shop for stuff that is actually wanted. Plus, it gives you an idea of what to bring to the show. Men are very hands-on, but usually are not interested in the cooking show part. Maybe more of an open house idea?

A grill theme is always good with guys and many grill in all weather. My brother grills outside in snow storms.

tlennhoff said:
If you do a seach in the file section on "men" you will see a bunch of ideas for mens only parties.
Make sure you type this into the search for for this site, not the yahoo/google one, or you're going to have some explaining to do!! LOL!

Thanks for all your wonderful ideas so far..I'm stockpiling all these wonderful ideas so far and they are all great. I am having trouble with the search tool using "men" as my keyword though, no matches it says. At my cluster meeting this evening my director suggested for the recipe to try the hot pizza dip, barbeque pizza or anything to do with chile. She also suggested if the men are having a beer to join them using your measure all cup as your drinking glass. I thought that was really being resourceful!

Any other formats or ideas to suggest?

To find the men files go to files and then search on men. To save you time here are the ones I found tonight. I know we had a thread (or hijacked thread) where we recently talked about ideas but I was unable to find the threads.

Attachments

• mens generic.doc
    411 KB · Views: 271
  • Men Only.doc
    30 KB · Views: 314
  • MEN ONLY PARTY example v2.doc
    144.5 KB · Views: 288
  • MEN ONLY PARTY example.doc
    132.5 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
:) Thanks again for all those flyer and invite ideas. I'm definitely going to put them into action. My biggest question is what is the best format for a men's show? What really peaks their interests and what has made your own men's show a success? Any ideas to incorporate? Maybe I'm just stressing out too much over this as I have never done one before, but I'd definitely like to market this idea this coming season.

Thanks agian for sharing all these wonderful ideas.

I am having one Dec 1. We talked to a lot of guys who are invited and it'll be an open house type with food (dip, chips and the like) and beer. It's what the guys want so that is what they'll get.

hth,
suzy

Suzy, that would be what I'd think guys would like for a show - to stop in, browse, see wishlist of their significant other if you had them do those, place an order, and head out. I'd have vegetables out for them to play with some of the tools like knives (both kinds), the mandoline, and graters.

My husband has scheduled a "Guy's Only" show for the 28th of November. he is excited about this, because although I have put many shows in his name, this is his 1st true show as host. He is E-mailing his friends that live out of town, and inviting friends local, and I am E-mail out wish-lists to my customers, encouraging them to give lists to husbands. I doubt that husbands of my customers would come to the show, since they do not know my husband, but they might order. I will be offering free gift-wrapping, also. It should be an interesting evening, but I do not expect a large turn-out. My husband does not have many friends that live near us, but we are counting on outside orders. We are serving cheddar and beef stuffed sandwich- I have attached the recipe, and probably pizza dip and chips. If any of you have a sample of an E-mail I might send to my customers to attach to the wish-list, please post it, because I am not very creative.

Attachments

• Cheddar and Beef Stuffed Sandwich.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 251
i'd suggest making the beer bread during you're presentation it's so easy and who likes beer the most? plus it will smell yummy while you talk just a thought ~tiffanyp

I'm planning a Men Only party because so many Men do lots of cooking here in Altoona , Pa. When my friend had her Party the men wanted to come and the wives all said no. My friend is actually asking her husband what to get since he does alot of the cooking. Don't just make wish list for women, get the guys to make one to give back to the wives. Even my husband loves the executive cookware , my 25 year old asked for some for christmas since he will move out some day, he also asked for bamboo spatulas, he said they are the best tool around. connie-ceg

1. What types of dishes are typically featured on Mens Only Cooking Shows?

Men's Only Cooking Shows typically feature dishes that are considered more "masculine" such as grilled meats, hearty stews, and savory dishes. However, they may also feature a variety of cuisines and dishes based on the interests and expertise of the host.

2. Are these shows geared towards men only, or can women watch as well?

While the title may suggest that these shows are only for men, they are typically open to all viewers regardless of gender. The focus is usually on teaching cooking skills and techniques, rather than excluding certain audiences.

3. Do these shows offer any specific tips or techniques for male chefs?

Some Men's Only Cooking Shows may offer tips and techniques specifically geared towards men, such as grilling techniques or meal prep ideas for busy schedules. However, the overall focus is on teaching everyone how to cook, regardless of gender.

4. Can beginners learn from Men's Only Cooking Shows?

Absolutely! Men's Only Cooking Shows are designed to teach a variety of cooking skills and techniques, and are suitable for beginners. Many shows also offer step-by-step instructions and easy-to-follow recipes for viewers to try at home.

5. Are there any famous male chefs who host Men's Only Cooking Shows?

Yes, there are many famous male chefs who have hosted Men's Only Cooking Shows, such as Bobby Flay, Gordon Ramsay, and Anthony Bourdain. However, there are also many lesser-known male chefs who bring their unique perspectives and cooking styles to these types of shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MsJonesClt
  • lanelly7
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
hperschnick
Replies
Views
Patrick