• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas for a Men Only Cooking Show?

In summary, Had an idea to host a male-only cooking show. Maybe hold it before Mother's Day to help them with gift ideas for their wives. Could also show them some easy ideas for breakfast/dessert items they can make to surprise their wives. Maybe ask interested wives to send me their wish lists... So far, it's been successful, with two sold DCBs. The guys on this site may have some insight into enticing men to buy. The invitation should be tempting, with the chance of winning a prize.
lanelly7
Had an idea to host a male-only cooking show. Maybe hold it before Mother's Day to help them with gift ideas for their wives. Could also show them some easy ideas for breakfast/dessert items they can make to surprise their wives. Maybe ask interested wives to send me their wish lists...

Anyone ever do a male only show before? Was it successful? Ideas for making it work? Thanks!

I did one in Nov with my BIL for his friends to purchase things for their wives. I think it ended up being about a $400-500 show. I did the Beef Enchilada Casserole in the DCB - browned the hamburger in the micro cooker and then heated everything in the DCB in the micro. They were so impressed... I focused on things that would make their spouses lives easier in the kitchen. Sold 2 DCBs at full price then one guy went to work the next day and got an order for another one! I focused on quick and easy... they also LOVED the can opener, they all had to try it but I didn't sell many. I only had 5 guests including the host.

It was fun but be prepared for them to take FOREVER to order... they don't do these kinds of things so they will probably be worse than women with chatting and hanging out. They also went through the catalog 50 times before they could decide. Also have ideas of good things to buy for people who bake, who don't have a lot of time to cook, etc. You will need to guide them if the wife didn't give you a wish list (I didn't have any wish lists but will insist on it in the future.)

It was fun - they felt like they were seeing inside some sort of secret club or something. Have fun with it and definately let them touch and play with everything.

Don't ask for volunteers, tell them you ned (Bob) to stir the meat or (John) to open the can etc.
Appeal to the quality and the value of the product. They don't care what it does but is it durable, (the Husquvarna of knives) or (the DuWalt of bakers)
ask your mate or male family member what the best male tools and gadgets brand names are. Guys don't really care what things cost as long as they deliver. Generally they are not going to buy if it means they are now doing the cooking especially if they don't want to be in the kitchen.
Yes they will go through the catalogue 50 times, one they are confused and two their buddy is doing it. Guide them and tell them what you are doing each step of the way. ie Okay gentlemen this is the end of the cooking part this is where you get to shop for your wives if you have any questions about the order form or have a product question I will be happy to answer when the xyz is ready we'll eat.
There are a few guys on this site, perhaps they too have some insight.
lorna

Thank you so much for your tips. Maybe this could work after all. Any thoughts on how to make the invitation tempting? Are the men as into freebies/raffles as the women? One thing I do know, I will definitely play up the food and drink!

Hopefully the guys on this site will respond - I'm sure they'd have some great input! (Of course, I'd love more of the gals opinions, too!)

Thanks!

Thinking of the guys in my car club, they may not be as tempted by little prizes as they would want to have a chance at something a little bigger. Not necessarily huge, but bigger than a Quickut. Like free shipping. I suggest that you give 1 or 2 items that value instead of a bunch of little things.

One guy who bought the apple corer/slicer at a show called it "an apple lathe".

Are the men as into freebies/raffles as the women?

Do the 40-40-40. Men love football pools and winning them. Having the chance of winning $40 in free product should appeal to their gaming tendencies. ;)

Oh!! that post made me think of something else. They kept renaming the products... They didn't like that we called it the Mix-n-chop - they thought we should call it the Meat Mangler! It was really funny! I can't remember what else they came up with but they were a fun group. I hope you have a great time!

Related to Ideas for a Men Only Cooking Show?

1. What type of recipes do you recommend for a men only cooking show?

For a men only cooking show, we recommend featuring recipes that are hearty, flavorful, and easy to prepare. Some popular options include grilling recipes like steak or ribs, as well as dishes with bold flavors like spicy chili or BBQ pulled pork.

2. Can you provide some ideas for fun and interactive activities during the cooking show?

Yes, we have plenty of ideas for interactive activities to keep the men engaged during the cooking show. Some options include a chili cook-off competition, a blind taste test challenge, or a game where they have to guess the ingredients in a dish.

3. What are some popular themes for a men only cooking show?

Some popular themes for a men only cooking show include tailgating, game day snacks, BBQ, and international cuisine. These themes allow for a variety of recipes and can be tailored to the interests of the group.

4. How can I make the cooking show more entertaining for the men?

To make the cooking show more entertaining, consider incorporating some fun music, having a friendly competition between the men, or even inviting a guest speaker or celebrity chef to share their expertise. You could also include some fun cooking gadgets or tools for the men to use.

5. Do you have any tips for marketing a men only cooking show?

Yes, there are several ways to market a men only cooking show. Utilize social media platforms targeted towards men, such as LinkedIn or Twitter, to promote the event. You could also partner with local businesses or organizations that cater to men, such as sports bars or gyms, to reach a larger audience. Additionally, offering a special discount or promotion for men could also help attract more attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
leftymac
Replies
Views
MsJonesClt
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Mr. Pampered Chef