• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Engaging Men at Cooking Shows: Tips for a Successful Party with Pampered Chef

wife brings him for approval, this way he knows what she is getting exactly and understands the quality and warranty that stands behind the products.
pampered2007
I talked to my host today who is having her party on Sunday. The food will already be prepared and ready to serve when the guests arrive. She is going to have 3 different kinds of dips along with various fruits. She informed me that so far she has 5 people confirmed and plans on doing some reminder calls. But then she told me that a few of the women are bringing...husbands! There will be about 3 men there she said. So my questions are... Should I give door prizes to these men for coming with their wives? What kind of things can I do to include them and make them feel as welcome as possible? She will also have some out of town guests that have not seen Pampered Chef in about 6 years or so. I really want this show to be an awesome turnout and a lot of fun. Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful! Thanks!

pampered2007 said:
I talked to my host today who is having her party on Sunday. The food will already be prepared and ready to serve when the guests arrive. She is going to have 3 different kinds of dips along with various fruits. She informed me that so far she has 5 people confirmed and plans on doing some reminder calls. But then she told me that a few of the women are bringing...husbands! There will be about 3 men there she said. So my questions are... Should I give door prizes to these men for coming with their wives? What kind of things can I do to include them and make them feel as welcome as possible? She will also have some out of town guests that have not seen Pampered Chef in about 6 years or so. I really want this show to be an awesome turnout and a lot of fun. Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful! Thanks!

Don't treat the men as accessories to their wives -- treat them as you would any other guest. Make small talk with them. Ask if they cook, what they like to cook, etc. See if they are familiar with the products. And yes, include them in the door prizes.

Sometimes I find men are the life of the party. They always ask good questions they have do think different but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be treated different. I find that sometimes men will actually be the better shopper then the wife you wanna make them feel wanted just as much as women.

This day and age women aren't the only one who does the cooking in the house. My husband cooks and he is proud of it and he talks with his friends about some pampered chef items he likes to his friends who also cook. If they are coming with their wifes it is cause they cook as well more then likely and so they will be looking for something not just being the driver.

pampered2007 said:

And guys tend to like gadgets and tools so if you want some sales, talk those up!

Every party I have done that a wife brings their husband I have had higher sales. I find the women are more at ease to spend with husband there rather than worry about going home and telling him or keeping it a secret. It is almost as if the wife brings him for approval, this way he knows what she is getting exactly and understands the quality and warranty that stands behind the products.

Fluffy215 said:
Every party I have done that a wife brings their husband I have had higher sales. I find the women are more at ease to spend with husband there rather than worry about going home and telling him or keeping it a secret. It is almost as if the wife brings him for approval, this way he knows what she is getting exactly and understands the quality and warranty that stands behind the products.

This has been my experience as well, men prompt their wives to get the gadgets. I became a consultant because my DH wanted the chopper! :)

microplane, forged cutlery knives, rubs, forged cutlery knives, grill tools, forged cutlery knives, and our really unique gadgets such as can opener, garlic press, and oh, don't foreget the forged cutlery knives. :)

and if you demo the A/P/C/S, that is usually a hit too (my DH loves using it for potatos)

Sales are almost always higher when there are men at the party. I read or heard (too many years of listening to training CD's, etc. :rolleyes:) that there is a real difference between the genders in how they buy things at a home party. Women will second-guess themselves and not want to splurge on themselves, even when the item will clearly benefit the entire family (like our products). Whereas men, when presented with something that will make their lives easier, will ask, "how much?" and pull out their checkbook.(Obviously, that training was based on generalizations, but it does tend to hold true.)

I agree! Men aren't afraid of making an INVESTMENT in something that will last and has great quality!

Make sure you mention that our Executive cookware (hard anodized aluminum) is the same type of material that NASCAR engines are made out of! Heats evenly and no warping!

chefann said:
Sales are almost always higher when there are men at the party. I read or heard (too many years of listening to training CD's, etc. :rolleyes:) that there is a real difference between the genders in how they buy things at a home party. Women will second-guess themselves and not want to splurge on themselves, even when the item will clearly benefit the entire family (like our products). Whereas men, when presented with something that will make their lives easier, will ask, "how much?" and pull out their checkbook.

(Obviously, that training was based on generalizations, but it does tend to hold true.)

This is SO TRUE! I just had a couples show - and the avg. purchase was almost $100 per couple. More than double what my regular avg. purchase would normally be!

Thanks everyone for all your wonderful replies! I haven't done a show yet with men in attendance so I am even MORE excited now after all your wonderful ideas! This is going to be a great show!

leftymac said:
Don't treat the men as accessories to their wives -- treat them as you would any other guest. Make small talk with them. Ask if they cook, what they like to cook, etc. See if they are familiar with the products. And yes, include them in the door prizes.

yes, this.

At some of my shows I have the guests come in and get name tags and write the name of a product on the bottom. It can be a product that they love, hate or just opened the catty to! Then in my "ice breaker" game I go around the room and have them introduce themselves and if I can't give them an alternate use or a "little know fact" about their product they get a door prize. Often the guests will chime in and give me even more ideas. Like at the last show, for example, I was telling how the tool turn about was great for other tools like...scrapbooking, lightwieght tools, art supplies and teachers' supplies...a guest said that she has one in her bathroom with hairbrush, make-up brushes, curling iron and such!
This might be great to play with the men as they tend to be more "practical minded" and would not only love these "other uses" but might have some great ideas!
I would treat them just as the female guests though!

leftymac said:

I agree with Keith. Treat them the same. I had one at a show several months recently and he was more into it than he wife was. They are probably going to host a show this month b/c he wants the knives.

I had a man at another one and he bought stuff too for his mom and girlfriend.

I treated them no different that anyone else.

I love men at shows! Like others, talk up things like the BBQ tools that men love! My hubby LOVES PC products and I ALWAYS ALWAYS mention that my husband cooks more than I do! The women then laugh and can admit it as well (if it applies). So don't worry. They can be fun and I agree about asking for other ideas then cooking they can use a tool for! Great ideas and laughs.

1. How can I get my husband or partner more involved in cooking?

One of the best ways to engage men in cooking is by hosting a Pampered Chef party. Our consultants are trained to make cooking fun and approachable for everyone, including men. They can provide tips and tricks for getting men more involved in the kitchen, as well as showcase our products that make cooking easier for both men and women.

2. What types of recipes do you recommend for men to cook?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes that are perfect for men to cook. Our consultants can provide suggestions based on the cooking skills and preferences of the men in your life. We also have a selection of recipes specifically geared towards grilling and using our grilling products, which is a popular cooking method among men.

3. How can I make a cooking party appealing to men?

Our consultants are trained to make cooking parties fun and engaging for both men and women. They can incorporate interactive elements, such as hands-on cooking demonstrations and games, to make the experience more appealing to men. Additionally, showcasing our high-quality, durable products that are designed for the modern man can also pique their interest.

4. Are there any special discounts for men at Pampered Chef parties?

At Pampered Chef, we believe that everyone should have access to high-quality cooking tools and delicious recipes. We do not offer special discounts specifically for men, but our consultants can help you find the best deals and promotions available for all customers.

5. Can men also become Pampered Chef consultants?

Absolutely! We welcome anyone who is passionate about cooking and sharing our products to join our team as a consultant. Our diverse group of consultants includes both men and women, and we believe that everyone has something unique to bring to the table.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccmahaffey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Liquid Sky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • ChefBeckyD