• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Recipes with Your Pastry Mat

In summary, to clean and maintain a pastry mat, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and mild soap and thoroughly dry before storing. It is heat-resistant and dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for longevity. It can also be used for cutting and chopping ingredients and should be stored flat or rolled with the grid side facing out.
Jenni
Looking for a good recipe that I could use with the pastry mat.

bumping.....anyone?

I don't have peanut brittle but I do have a good recipe for Glazed Almonds. . . .let me know if you want it and I will dig it up. Yummy peanut brittle sounds good.

The product use and care card came with a Peanut Brittle recipe. I've intended to try it, but I have not yet. It sounds good and looks easy enuf. Wanna try that one? If you do, please report on your thoughts...he he...before I go ahead with it:D

I take my pastry mat to use when I show the Taffy Apple Tartlets, I use it when I cut out the pie crust circles, then I bring out the new pastry cutter to show how it works on the scrapes of dough.

I have done the Peanut Brittle from the Use & Care - and it is so easy and comes out great!

AND I never have luck with candy recipes requiring a temp. But these really did come to temp and it was very easy. Just make sure you have all your ingredients measured and ready to go and the mat set out ready for the brittle. Once it comes to temp, things move quickly!

There is a video for the Peanut Brittle on the DVD for the season that the mat came out (Fall 2007?) that we got with our changeover kit. I have never purchased a dvd, so it must be the one we get free. When I saw the video and saw how easy it was, I decided to give it a try.

Good Luck!

1. How do I properly clean and maintain my pastry mat?

To clean your pastry mat, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasives as they can damage the surface. After each use, be sure to thoroughly dry the mat before storing it. To maintain the non-stick surface, lightly dust the mat with flour before rolling out dough.

2. Can the pastry mat be used for hot items like baked goods?

Yes, the pastry mat is heat-resistant and can withstand temperatures up to 450°F. This makes it ideal for rolling out and shaping hot pastries and baked goods right out of the oven.

3. Is the pastry mat dishwasher safe?

While the pastry mat is technically dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing it to prolong its lifespan. The high heat and harsh detergent of a dishwasher can cause the mat to warp and lose its non-stick properties over time.

4. Can I use the pastry mat for more than just baking?

Yes, the pastry mat can also be used as a non-slip surface for cutting and chopping ingredients. Its measurements and grid lines make it a useful tool for precise slicing and dicing.

5. How do I store the pastry mat when not in use?

The pastry mat can be rolled up or folded for easy storage in a kitchen drawer or cabinet. However, to prevent any creases or wrinkles in the mat, it is best to store it flat or rolled with the grid side facing out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • KRISTI'SCOOKING
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sandilou