• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did you know Phyllo dough and Puffed Pastry Sheets are not the same thing?

In summary, Strawberry Amaretto Pastries are made with strawberries, amaretto liqueur, puff pastry dough, sugar, and almond extract. To make them, preheat the oven to 375°F, cut and fill the pastry dough with the strawberry mixture, and bake for 15-20 minutes. Substitutions can be made for the liqueur and fruit. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 3 days and reheated in the oven. The pastries can also be prepared ahead of time and brushed with an egg wash before baking.
jrb0328
If anyone read my dilemma last night - I used the Phyllo (sp?) dough instead of Puffed Pastry for my recipe :-(

But tonight!! I did it with the CORRECT pastry sheets and guess what?! I am totally pleased with the outcome - very yummy!!:D

FYI for those who don't know (i sure didn't) - Phyllo dough and Puffed Pastry Sheets are NOT the same thing!:thumbdown:

I love the sound of this, although I wonder if you can make it as a trifle with these ingrdients? I am a TRIFLE junkie! LOL

I have never made a trifle - BUT I do recommend that you try this if you havent - it was perfect!

jrb0328 said:
If anyone read my dilemma last night - I used the Phyllo (sp?) dough instead of Puffed Pastry for my recipe :-(

But tonight!! I did it with the CORRECT pastry sheets and guess what?! I am totally pleased with the outcome - very yummy!!:D

FYI for those who don't know (i sure didn't) - Phyllo dough and Puffed Pastry Sheets are NOT the same thing!:thumbdown:

Oh no - not is closely the same!! HA! I HATE phyllo and LOVE the pastries!

The pastries are wonderulf tasting!

Hi there! I'm so glad you were able to get your hands on the correct pastry sheets and that your recipe turned out delicious. It's always important to pay attention to the ingredients and make sure you have the right ones for the best results. Thank you for sharing your experience and FYI with us. Happy cooking!

Related to Did you know Phyllo dough and Puffed Pastry Sheets are not the same thing?

What ingredients are in Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

The main ingredients in Strawberry Amaretto Pastries are strawberries, amaretto liqueur, puff pastry dough, sugar, and almond extract.

How do I make Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

To make Strawberry Amaretto Pastries, start by preheating your oven to 375°F. Roll out the puff pastry dough and cut it into desired shapes. In a separate bowl, mix together chopped strawberries, amaretto liqueur, sugar, and almond extract. Place a spoonful of the strawberry mixture onto each pastry shape and fold the edges over to create a pocket. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

Can I substitute any ingredients in Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

Yes, you can substitute the amaretto liqueur with almond extract or any other desired flavor. You can also use a different type of fruit, such as peaches or raspberries, instead of strawberries.

How should I store leftover Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

Store leftover pastries in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place in the oven at 375°F for 5-7 minutes or until warm.

Can I make Strawberry Amaretto Pastries ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the pastries a day in advance and store them in the refrigerator. Before baking, brush the tops with an egg wash to give them a shiny and golden finish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• britishchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • lisacb77