• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It's Hard Enough to Sell Things Here Already

is from America and is comparing the prices of things in the UK and America. The prices are roughly the same in £ as $ despite the exchange rate. He also mentions a German grocery called LIDL (just like ALDI). He recently got their new flyer and some of the items on the list are the same as what is available in the American version of PC, including the Chef's Knife/ Bread Knife that look similar to PC knives, the Apple Wedger, the Safe can Opener, the Garlic Press, the Egg Slicer, the Cheese grater, the Nylon tools that look IDENTICAL, the Bag of twixit looking clips, the Silicone pastry brush, the Dough roller with crimping tool,
britishchef
A little background: people around here earn less than they would in America, they may earn £1 for every $1 someone in the same job in the States would, however things cost as much or more.

A lot of people won't come to PC parties here because they're "too expensive". Far more problems with that than I did in the States. As a result the British show average is low, about £260. Their prices are roughly the same in £ as $ despite the exchange rate!

Anyway, there is a discount German grocery called LIDL (just like ALDI). I just got their new flyer and guess what some of the items they have are?

Chef's Knife/ Bread Knife that look similar to PC knives
Apple Wedger
Safe can Opener
Garlic Press
Egg Slicer
Cheese grater very similar to ours, with 3 barrels
Nylon tools that look IDENTICAL
Bag of twixit looking clips
Silicone pastry brush
Dough roller with crimping tool

And of course all at rock bottom prices. I have such a battle with explaining the benefits of paying for PC. Many people just refuse to try it. This is going to suck, I know it!

Reminding people of the guaruntees help me out a lot. Also I like to really talk up the cookbooks. Since they mention uses for all the tools inside it makes people want them more. That's what got me hooked in the beginning. I wanted the tools that made my recipes come out looking like the pictures!

Could you email or call HO with your concerns? I'm just thinking that with the exchange rate, the prices that PC is charging you and your customers is close to double what they charge here. I have no idea what the shipping rate is, but I just wonder if they realize what an issue it is for you?

Someone said (I don't know who) "Find a need and fill it."
Maybe you need to brainstorm, what are they're needs?
Do they need a knife? Even without the other store adding to their product line, anyone can go buy a knife.
Do they need a cheese grater? Same thing.
But what are YOU there for?

Service, caring, a relationship. It might take a lot of leads to lead to something, but I can see it snowball when you keep serving.
You offer personalized service, such as gift buying. The discount store could care less what Susie wants for her birthday, but if you offer personalized service, you'll know what Susie wants Jonnie to buy her for a special little gift.

You'll never see the little discount stores offer all sorts of ideas for one tool to make the job easier. Well hardly ever.
Even watching cooking shows, they don't teach you what tool to use, and what the tools do. They just grab whatever tool and do their recipe.

Just define what your purpose is to these people and go for it. We have so many products that are unique that we shouldn't get too worried about something being sold somewhere else.
And our guarantee is GREAT!

Kris

Hi there! I completely understand your frustration with the challenges of selling PC products in a market where prices are already high and people are hesitant to spend more. I have encountered similar issues in my own business. However, I have found that by focusing on the quality and long-term benefits of our products, I have been able to convert some customers who were initially hesitant due to the higher prices. It's all about educating them and showing them the value of investing in quality kitchen tools.In regards to the LIDL flyer, I believe it's important to highlight the key differences between their products and ours. While they may look similar on the surface, our products are made with high-quality materials and are designed to last for years. Plus, as a PC consultant, you can offer personalized customer service and support, which is something that discount stores like LIDL cannot provide.I know it can be challenging, but keep promoting the benefits of PC and don't be discouraged by the competition. Our products truly stand out in terms of quality and value, and that is something that your customers will come to appreciate. Keep up the great work!

1. Why is it so hard to sell things at Pampered Chef?

There are many factors that can make it challenging to sell products at Pampered Chef. Competition from other direct sales companies, limited marketing resources, and a saturated market are a few reasons why it may seem difficult to sell here.

2. How can I improve my sales at Pampered Chef?

One way to improve your sales at Pampered Chef is to focus on building relationships with your customers. This can be done through offering personalized demonstrations and follow-up support, as well as utilizing social media to reach a wider audience. It is also important to continuously educate yourself on the products and stay up-to-date on any promotions or new releases.

3. Is it necessary to have a lot of parties to be successful at Pampered Chef?

No, it is not necessary to have a lot of parties to be successful at Pampered Chef. While parties can be a great way to generate sales and reach new customers, there are other avenues for selling such as online or through word of mouth. It is important to find what works best for you and your customers.

4. How can I stand out from other Pampered Chef consultants?

To stand out from other consultants, it is important to differentiate yourself by offering unique and personalized experiences for your customers. This can include hosting themed parties, creating special offers, or offering additional services such as recipe suggestions or meal planning. Building a strong personal brand and providing exceptional customer service can also make you stand out in a crowded market.

5. What resources are available to help me succeed at Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to help consultants succeed, including training and support from experienced leaders, access to a variety of marketing materials, and a user-friendly website and app for managing your business. Additionally, networking with other consultants and attending company events can provide valuable insights and inspiration for growing your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefinHarmony
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Paige Dixon
  • makeawhisk
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • chefann