• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Product Is Hard for You to Sell?!

I think the new knives coming out this fall are going to be disastrous for my fingers! I have tried so many knives in my lifetime and I have never been so clumsy. I have even tried to demo with one and it was a huge disaster! So I am hoping that the new ones are a little more user friendly!
ChefinHarmony
Okay, we always have things out here with "positive" feedback, but I wanted to have someone help me get over a few stumbling blocks - I have some items that I just don't care for. And if a customer asks me about them, I tend to be honest - give personal experiences - instead of just putting on a "sell-sell-sell" attitude. I know, not the best business insight, but I thought if I listed what few I didn't like, maybe someone can give why you LIKE it. Got it?

Here we go...

Cookie Press - this is the one item I returned to PC as a customer. I was so frustrated that it doesn't work with a warm stone! That the dough just stuck to the press. HO told me (when I called them to complain) to use parchment paper or wait for the stone to cool between batches (yeah right!). I think that's a hassel.

USG - I know they updated this one so hopefully I won't have a problem anymore. Before joining PC, I sliced the tip of my thumb off doing tomatoes!! Ouch - hate that thing!! I won't even do demos with it.

BBQ Basting Bottle - too hard to clean and wastes too much sauce. I did like the idea of melted butter in it though.

Crinkle Cutter - I sliced the edge of my counter (still have the ding mark) that was less than 2 years old using this thing!! I still demo with it, but not my favorite. And yeah, I rock it.

Whisks - how do you get all the stuff out of it? By tapping the side of the bowl? I tend to make a mess that way.

Okay - maybe it's just me. I'm too clumsy to use sharp items. Look out Fall with the NEW knives!! I might not have any fingers left!!

If you leave a list of items and I LIKE them, I'll tell you why!

I'd appreciate feedback!!

I do have many thing that I don't neccesarily dislike, but don't have the need for or don't know how to use. I can't work the can-opener to save my life. I don't have one so I can't practice, but I don't want to get one because I am scared that I'll never be able to use it!

Joanne- with the whisks-I scrape stuff out with the classic scraper to get most of it out. That is my biggest selling point with the ballon whisk! I hit it against the bowl once or twice and it is clean. Everything just falls out the bottom!

I have the cookie press and BBQ bottle but have never used either. I use my crinkle cutter a lot for cheese, but I don't think that I have ever used it for veggies or fruit, LOL!

Ok here goes...I do not like:

The New SA stands - I loved the old style. I guess stainless steel type products are in but not in my kitchen. I love the black wrought iron look. These stands look goofy and I really do not like that design with the ball at the top.

I never liked the square mugs but I do love the new coffe and more cups. They are so cute and I love them!!

I love that the new cutting boards have silicone feet grips to hold them in place. I hated using that net to hold the boards in place. I could never find it.

Did not really like the stoneware heart molds from the round up from the heart campaign, but I love the new trivet.

I love the new drainer!!! I am lazy and hate to clean a whole colander after draining foods in the sink. This is going to be much easier!!

The Suds pump for some reason is a product that my customers do not like. I have never owned one before. They said it doesn't work, about 4 of my customers. So I am curious. Any thoughts?

I think the silicone oven mitt will never sell! At least not for me. Yuck!!

I do not see the point to the mini whipper, I have spoons!

I can't wait to try the new decorator bottle set, and the new pastry blender.

I love the new design and packaging of the pantry items!!

I love the new design on the chef's tools that match our cookware!!

Hated the old carafe, love the new one!

And there's much more but that's enough rambling for me today. Ok well for now anyway!! :D
DEBBIE

Debbie! That reminds me about the mini-whipper. My 2 y.o. is obsessed with chocolate milk and I never had any spoon because of it! I bought the mini-whipper and it didn't mix anything up! I tried plunging it QSP style and nothing. Then I twirled that thing so fast between my hands that I thought I was going to start a fire!

About the suds pump- I love mine and love foamy soap. I wish that it had a more triangular shape so that it didn't fall over as much. Mine falls over every time I use it. I cleaned mine once and that made the pump not stay down, but as soon as it gets dirty the pump gets stuck down and you have to pull it up then push to get soap!

Oh Gillian! LOL! The comment you made about the mini-whipper! That's hilarious! There's not too much that I don't like... I don't have much yet--but I can def. say that the USG is not my favorite product--I don't have one, so when I demo it (borrowed from my director) I always feel awkward--I'm hoping the new one is less dangerous:)

What product is hard for you to sellI threw my USG in the trash hated it.I will not sell something that I'm not happy with.:(

gilliandanielle said:
I do have many thing that I don't neccesarily dislike, but don't have the need for or don't know how to use. I can't work the can-opener to save my life. I don't have one so I can't practice, but I don't want to get one because I am scared that I'll never be able to use it!

Joanne- with the whisks-I scrape stuff out with the classic scraper to get most of it out. That is my biggest selling point with the ballon whisk! I hit it against the bowl once or twice and it is clean. Everything just falls out the bottom!

I have the cookie press and BBQ bottle but have never used either. I use my crinkle cutter a lot for cheese, but I don't think that I have ever used it for veggies or fruit, LOL!

Gillian,
I notice that if I use the store brand cans it is a lot harder to work the can opener because it seems to be a lot gluey then named brand. Do a test and buy 1 store brand & 1 named brand.;)
Colleen

I too had a hard time with the can opener until my husband played with it and figured it out. Now I can use it. Instead of holding it beside the can, you have to sortof point it to the can. Best way I can explain it. I'm scared of the USG, but I try to make sure I'm going slow and really paying attention with it. I sliced my fingers on it while slicing onions!

I found the easiest way to clean thebasting bottle is to put soap and hot water in it and shake then squeeze the excess water out till repeat till it comes clean then you can throw it in your dishwasher.
I absolutly love the us&g but hubby hates it
I also love the can opener
one tool i am not to fond of is the delux cheese grater

I don't like the Delux Cheese Grater, seems to get cheese caught up in their.....
I Love the US&G.... and the Mircoplane graters!!!!!!! I Love the Stoneware..... so easy to clean!!!! I love the simple additions collection as well as the cookware..... I love the self sharpening knifs as well as the new ones coming out !!!!! Their isn't really anythign that I don't like !!!

DebbieSAChef said:
I do not like:

The Suds pump for some reason is a product that my customers do not like. I have never owned one before. They said it doesn't work, about 4 of my customers. So I am curious. Any thoughts?

DEBBIE

I don't like the Suds Pump. I washed my hands once after doing yardwork, and it hasn't worked right since. It got all grimey and dirty so the pump quit working (it wasn't working great before this happened). It's one of those products that just bugs me! :rolleyes:

I've had some people complain that you need a PhD to use the can opener. I tell them to just use their regular opener and buy a can strainer to keep the lids out. :)

I heard that if you warm the cheese for a few sec. in microwave before putting it in the cheese grater, the oil from the cheese will help it to not stick.

I hate the current style of the USG. I cringe every time I sell one. I have seen the new version and I will be really talking this one up!!

I think this is such a funny thread...most of you hated the old US&G and I love it....the new one is restrictive as to what you can slice (or at least how big it can be) and the seperate storage box is bulky....

Anyway, I have been selling at least 2 of the old US&Gs at every show because NO ONE wants to pay $15 more for the new one!

I even have people stocking up on the blades they use the most so they can keep the old one alive!

I cried when they showed us the new Grill Press at confernece. Yeah, go ahead and laugh, my cluster-mates who went with me did! I love it!! I wish they would have added a silicone grip to it, though.

Also love the Exec Grill Pan and of course, who wouldn't love the new Cranberry Baker? WOW!

The two items that I won't reccommend are the suds pump and the pie crust shield. Most of my customers who have purchased the pie shield have returned it, because it didn't fit over the crust right. Also, too many people complain about the suds pump not working right (pump sticks down) and there is NO WAY that I am going to keep the lid on it, which is what they say to do to keep it working. And yes, each time I fill it, I clean it.

I don't ususally demo the USG since I am still afraid of it...I need to practice with the new UM once it comes in so I can demo that!

I am like you, though, if I am not happy with a product and someone asks me about it, I will tell them what I think. I refuse to try and sell something that I can't stand behind 100%. There really aren't too many items like that in our line, though....I love 99% of the things we sell!

I don't care for the cookie press. I cannot get mine to work right at all!
I love the crinkle cutter. I made the Ice Cream sandwich torte Sat. and demonstrated how to cut it pretty using the crinkle cutter. Just push down- no rocking motion. I love the way the crinkle cutter makes veggies look for a platter.

I hate the crinkle cutter. I used mine for the 1st time when I got my SS kit about a month ago. I just thought that it was hard to use and I wasn't even getting a good "crinkle" out of it.
Love the US&G. I bought mine as a customer when I was 1st introduced to PC about 2 yrs ago. It was the item that made me want more PC. I did cut myself once, pretty badly, but it was my own fault for not using the guard thing.
As much as I love the US&G, I like the mandoline better. My director has it and we played with it last week. I like that the guard doesn't come off and that the blade isn't up until the guard is over it. I love that they added the crinkle(especially because I hate the crinkle cutter) and I really like the seperate storage.
I have a hold n slice. I bought it as a customer about 1 1/2 yrs ago. I don't think I've ever used it.
I LOVE the can opener. I just got mine a couple of wks ago. I had to really read the instructions, but after that, I had no issues.

Okay - I'm with alot of you in this....
I don't like:
The USG - always thought it was clumsy - I've liked the new Mandoline - especially that it has an easel to help keep it steady! IT's funny - I think those who loved the USG are having a hard time with the UM, and those of us who didn't like the USG are loving the new UM!

The Suds Pump - I have 3, and they are all under the sink collecting dust...(I use the Lemon Rosemary soap all the time though!)

The SA Petite Squares - I see no purpose for them - in our family, they are definitely not big enough for any kind of dipping sauce we may use (we like lots of sauce - my 2 yr old lives for sauce!)

The Cookie Press - I always tell customers who ask about it that it is one of those "Optional" toys for the kitchen.....I have a huge list of "Must Have's" - and the Cookie Press is something for the person who has everything and likes to tinker in the kitchen!

Ice Cream Sandwich Maker - $12 for a tool to do a job that I can do for free???

Dessert Plates - It's not so much that I don't like them....but I've never had anyone buy them - not even when they were the host special - I've never used mine.....

I'm not a big fan of the Oven Mitt - but use and love and sell a ton of the Hot Pad/Trivets (and wish they would bring back the Old Oven Mitts!)

Cake Stencil Set - Does anyone use/sell these? I'd be interested in hearing how????

And finally - the Pie Crust Shield.....I was so excited when these came out - and have been SOOOO disappointed in them! They only work on Non-PC pie plates!

And with the new products - the only thing that I can really see absolutely no use for is the Paper Napkins...but there have been enough comments about those already on other threads!

I have never liked the Baker's Roller. It came with my starter kit and I tried it for some of my first shows, but never had any luck. The dough just stuck to the roller and got stuck in the sides. The only time I use it is if I am rolling out something in the bar pan or rectanuglar baker.

I have never sold any dessert plates or the Celebration plate.

I agree about the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker - what's the point? I couldn't sell any when they were the guest special. The only guests that got one, were the guests who were buying over $60 anyway.

As for the can opener - I love it!!!! I tell people to think of it as if the are using the can to dot an i. In other words, the can opener is the stick part and the can is the dot. (Hope that makes sense:eek: )

amya said:
I have never liked the Baker's Roller. It came with my starter kit and I tried it for some of my first shows, but never had any luck. The dough just stuck to the roller and got stuck in the sides. The only time I use it is if I am rolling out something in the bar pan or rectanuglar baker.

Stick your Baker's Roller in the freezer for 5-10 minutes before using it - it becomes totally non-stick! I usually do this first thing when I get to the host's house - I sell alot of them - I think because people love the tip about the freezer!:D

Can Opener - wow I was shocked to read the posts about this item! I need to confess when I got mine years ago - I had to call my sister to teach me how to use it.

I actually had two different guests at two different parties order the can opener. Well, instead of calling me because they couldn't figure it out they came to my next show (their friends) asked about it - so I made them demo it to guests. I sell so many that way! Plus I get more orders from the returning guests.

Dessert Plates - glad to see I'm not the only one. I don't care for them/have a use for them either.

Thanks for all the replies!!
Joanne

The can opener still baffles me! I was housesitting for a friend when I was 8 mos. preggo before I sold PC. All I wanted was a can of soup and I dented that can so many times trying to get it open with their PC can opener that I could even open it with a regular can opener. I ended up having cereal :(

I love me can opener and love the suds pump...if the suds pump does get dirty it won't work right and you can only use soap that doesn't have any beads or anything like that in it. I have sold a ton of the Silicone Oven Mitts...We use the Petite Squares for sushi night...

Personally I don't like...

Meat Lifters, don't see the point to them aside from keeping them in my car along with the Meat Tenderizer to help defend myself from some stranger that may attack me...

Pie Crust Shield, doesn't fit the stone...

Cookie Press, just don't like it

Cheese Grater, I am a righty so in order to use it I need to squeeze with handle with my left hand and I had surgery on my left thumb and can't apply pressure very well, if I use it the opposite way and squeeze with my right hand I can't turn the wheel with my left hand!

I am not a huge fan of all of the SA stands, I don't entertain much and they just collect dust.

OK lets see , i agree with most everyone.

I do not like the cookie press to hard to use.

Pie crust sheild it doesnt fit !

Never did figure out my can opener either

Dessert plates way to much $$ never sold a set

And yes the new paper products :rolleyes:

wasnt crazy about the butternut color last year

Lets see.....
LOVE the Can Opener - but I did not know until a couple months ago that it had that little notch thingy on the side to lift the lid off after you open it!

Not crazy about the Cheese Grater either - I have committed the sin of tellling my hosts its okay to buy grated cheese if they ask.....(shhhh....)

I've had good luck with the Cookie Press - just had to find the right recipe - and I made 700 cheese butterflies and daisies for my daughters wedding reception last summer. They were beautiful!

I have never ever sold the dessert plates or the Celebration Plate.

I like the Silicone Oven Mitt - it fits my hand just right - but my hubby does not....too small for his hands. I think it only fits people with small hands!

Love the Can Strainer - sell tons at every show. Too bad they are only $5 LOL.

I love the Grill Press - mine just came yesterday. So I will have it for my show on Saturday at the fall product reveal!

And the Stoneware - what can I say! I am so excited about September and the new Covered Cranberry Baker - my favorite product at conference!

Hmmm. I love my cookie press. My 5 year old son loves to use it. The designs are so pretty. We had a lemonade stand at my Homeschool Group Vendor day and we sold cookies with the lemonade. The kids just love the shape. And my son actually pressed the cookies out. yes, you do have to use the spritz recipe for cookies but I love spritz cookies anyways. And the kids all love it. I tint my dough with food color so they look really pretty. I would love to know how to make the cheese butterflies. That sound pretty and yummy.

The US&G is scary but I do use it. Now that I have the UM I will use it more. I am disappointed that you can't juliene with it. On the US& G I actually sliced part of the holder so I had to buy a new holder. I'm glad the new one actually slides on it. It takes more room but makes more sense. I have a host who is going to do a show because she wants the new one really bad.

I love the decorator bottles too. I decorate cakes and I think they will work well. It hurts my hands the other way. I'm hoping the way these work will help.

The suds pump I haven't had any problems with.

I do use the crinkle cutter but not very often.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new nylon tool sets. They look beautiful but they are a bit awkward for me to use. I have small hands. They seem bigger. I will keep using them to see if my opinion changes.

I'm not really excited about the paper napkins either.

I love the can opener once I learned to use it.

Now the mini whipper I really love. I don't use it for beverages but I do use it for eggs and salad dressing. I'm very surprised that some of you guys don't like it. Mine gets used all the time.

Can't wait to get the new grill press. I'm really excited about that. I love the new grill pan but can't justify getting it since I have the professional one and I love it.

I sold a lot of the sandwich makers.

So in a nutshell I love about 95% of our products.

I sell the Celebrate Plate often especially with a group of teachers. They LOVE them. I had a few buy 2 or 3 in April when they were on special. One for the classroom, one for home, and one as a gift. I've sold a few Cake Stencil sets, but not because I was selling them. People just saw them and wanted them. So I cannot help with that one.

HATE:
The cookie press--Love the idea of it, but it just doesn't work right. My hand is getting sore just thinking about squeezing the trigger.

Silicone Oven Mitt--It doesn't keep the heat out. It feels weird and the red is just plain ugly!

Striped SA--I thought they were quite hideous when they were introduced. Too busy for my taste.

ACPS--Before I got it I thought I would LOVE this product. I hate it! It makes a mess all over the place and either doesn't skin it good or skins off half my apple. I've tried to adjust the thingy, but can never get it right. I still end up with seeds and skin. And the stand is worthless, it is not stable.

NOT FOND OF:
Deluxe Cheese Grater--For a small job it is good, but when a recipe calls for over 1/2 cup of cheese forget about it!!

Silicone Pastry Brush--why?! That's really all I have to say about that!

SA Stands--I am with Debbie on this one, that ball on the top is not appealing. I wish they would bring back the black ones. We should offer both.

Mini Fluted Pan--Again, I love the idea of it. My baked goods don't turn out well. It all sticks even after seasoning and seasoning the stone (meatloaf and crescent rolls). And it is a pain in the butt to clean!!

It is very, very good that we have so much other GREAT stuff in the catalog. There are quite a few duds.

I must be the only one who hates the Food Chopper. I've replaced that stupid thing more times! I think the longest one has lasted for me is about three months. I've had them break on the first use before! Of course, being the number one seller in our line, I have to love it to anyone else because I just might be out of business if I didn't!

I love the new US&G, but I have to admit, I have 3 of the old style in my kitchen. I use it alot! I especially like the julienne blade.

I LOVE my can opener! I tell my guests to think about them like using hedge clippers. At least that's how I remember to use it.

I am surprised to see that some of you don't like the pie crust shield. I used mine for the first time the other week (with pie stone) and it fit perfectly!

HATE the Suds Pump - threw mine away years ago.

Not fond of the Egg Slicer Plus - It doesn't clean well (even in the dishwasher) and I have a hard time opening and closing it because the wires get stuck.

LOVE my USG. I hope I can get used to the new one!

For all of you upset that the UM doesn't have a julienne blade- I slide mine right into the UM yesterday! Keep the julienne blade from your USG and move to the UM. You can even store it in the storage box and always keep the grater blade in the UM. It didn't snap in like before, but it worked fine in the UM.

Chef Kearns - the silicone brush is great for keeping hairs out of my food and using it on hot items - basting skewers that are broiling in the oven - and it is a LOT more sanitary!!!Also, a tip for hard to clean stones like the mini-fluted pan - make a paste of 1 part shortening (not butter) and one part vegetable oil. Once that is combined, add one part flour. I keep this on my counter and brush it on the stone before using it...I like using the silicone brush because it doesn't leave hairs behind. Then pour in whatever you are baking and pop it in the oven. The FIRST time I used my fluted pan I did this and the cake popped right out with NOTHING left behind!!! It is a lifesaver!

I love the USG. I am still out on the new UM because I have not had good results with tomatoes. I made sure they were firm and even spritzed the blade.
The cheese grater requires some additional info: warm soft cheese (cheddar, jack, mozzerella etc) in micro for 8-10 seconds. Make sure you only press lightly that way the cheese will not gum up the barrell.
Egg slicer plus: always put the wires back the same way after cleaning. The wires bow to the guides, so if you invert them they will get stuck.
Love the silicone chef's brush, no more hairs is right and easy to clean!

Forgot to tell you all that I was very skeptical about the Mix 'n Masher. We are a family that loves our mashed potatoes. Well, we used it last night and we all love it. It is so much easier to use than a traditional masher and easier to clean!

More stuff I don't like
gilliandanielle said:
Debbie! That reminds me about the mini-whipper. My 2 y.o. is obsessed with chocolate milk and I never had any spoon because of it! I bought the mini-whipper and it didn't mix anything up! I tried plunging it QSP style and nothing. Then I twirled that thing so fast between my hands that I thought I was going to start a fire!

About the suds pump- I love mine and love foamy soap. I wish that it had a more triangular shape so that it didn't fall over as much. Mine falls over every time I use it. I cleaned mine once and that made the pump not stay down, but as soon as it gets dirty the pump gets stuck down and you have to pull it up then push to get soap!

That's hilarious!! I see them on the list of door prizes and always wondered what the bid deal was. I am waiting to see when they will be discontinued and something better will come in it's place.

Has anyone ever used the Kitchen Spritzer, does it really work? I had a few complaints about this one too. They even used the replacement and it still didn't work.

I love my citrus press. I find the Deluxe Cheese Grater works when I put my cheese in the freezer for a while. It firms up enough to grate but as soon as it gets warm, it sticks.

Have never used the Cookie press but will attempt to during my kid's cooking class. Wish me luck! I will let you know how it turns out.

Debbie :D

I'm one of the ones who loves the US&G. Yes, I cut myself once, but it was my fault. If you pay attention to what you're doing, you're fine. I haven't tried my UM yet. I really hope I like it.

I don't like the kitchen spritzer. I had bought one as a customer years ago and it stopped working right away. When I became a consultant I replaced the mechanism. Now it works, but I always get clumps of oil. Mazola has a good spray like Pam but that doesn't burn. I use that.

I can't get the APCS to work. I can never get it attached well enough to anything, and I can't get the apples on right. I would never, ever demo it.

I don't see the point in the balloon whisk. Why would you want to whip cream by hand? My hand mixer works much better. When I said this to my director, she said yes, but we don't sell mixers.

I know everyone loves the Twixits, but why? I put everything in Ziploc bags.

I think the reason some people don't like certain products is because they haven't learned little "tricks" to make them easier to use. For example, the US&G is great at slicing tomatoes IMO. You just have to use the V blade, cut them in half and place the flat side down and don't put pressure on it, but slide it fairly quickly (get in a rhythm with it). Also, I like the spritzer, but you do have to let the pressure off when you finish and pump it again after a few sprays. So far, so good with mine. The only products I don't try to sell are a few that are very impractical. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Jeanie

ChefBeckyD said:
Stick your Baker's Roller in the freezer for 5-10 minutes before using it - it becomes totally non-stick! I usually do this first thing when I get to the host's house - I sell alot of them - I think because people love the tip about the freezer!:D

I just put some flour on mine and go to town! I didn't do that the first time I made the Anitpasto Veggie Pizza and my dough was not working. But when I put some flour on the roller and on the dough TADA it worked fine.

I also not only use my Cheese Grater for cheese, but it works fantastic for chocolate chips!

masterschef said:
...I don't see the point in the balloon whisk. Why would you want to whip cream by hand? My hand mixer works much better. When I said this to my director, she said yes, but we don't sell mixers...

I absolutely love the Balloon Whisk. I've sold quite a few of them with something like this: "When they first announced the new whisk, I was like 'A new whisk? What in the world do we need ANOTHER whisk for?' Then I got it...and I was like 'Ohmigawd! I absolutely love this thing!' Have you ever been to a breakfast buffet where they are making made to order omelets? Ever wonder how they get their egg mixture so smooth without the lumps of whites? I swear they must use something like this! I personally hate chunky whites in my scrambled eggs, but could never get them completely broken up. Now, it's not a problem. Plus, this whisk will do [blah, blah, blah]."

I know I have customer's buying this thing just for the egg whites!

masterschef said:
...I know everyone loves the Twixits, but why? I put everything in Ziploc bags.

I love the Twixits for the stuff I don't want to transfer to a ziploc. Like frozen hashbrowns and vegis, and bread. I'm all about saving time, and not having to twist the tie on the bread bag is great! But mainly, it's for the stuff that already has it's own bag that goes in the freezer that I love them.

Last edited:
Cindycooks said:
...Not crazy about the Cheese Grater either - I have committed the sin of tellling my hosts its okay to buy grated cheese if they ask.....(shhhh....)

I rarely tell my hosts to buy block, although with the new UM, I'll probably start!

I've started saying at my shows: "Okay, I know that at this point I'm supposed to grate the cheese with this great little tool, but I'll be honest with you. At home, I rarely buy block cheese. It costs the same to buy it pre-grated, and I'm a busy mom, who doesn't have time! I do use the Delux Cheese Grater all the time for carrots, nuts, bread/cracker crumbs, and eggs. But my favorite use is during that "certain time of the month" when all I seem to want is chocolate. I can load this puppy with chocolate chips, lay on the couch and grate the chocolate directly in my mouth. No chewing required, and instant gratification too...can't be beat!!"

I know many of you will be thinking of the stuff they put in to keep the cheese separated, but I am really not bothered by that. I personally think it's a lot of hype made worse by the "urban legends" of the internet. I don't believe I have hurt my sales of this item by not grating cheese, and I get a lot of laughs!

Last edited:
LOVE my Kitchen Spritzer! I'm a tree hugger and I LOVE that I don't have to throw out all those pam cans and I'm not putting any sort of propellant in the air. I don't have anything I don't like, just things I don't use much. A fellow consultant gave away a bunch of stuff from her Super Starter packs and now wishes she hadn't! So whatever it is that you don't like, USE IT and learn to love it!

nikked said:
I absolutely love the Balloon Whisk. I've sold quite a few of them with something like this: "When they first announced the new whisk, I was like 'A new whisk? What in the world do we need ANOTHER whisk for?' Then I got it...and I was like 'Ohmigawd! I absolutely love this thing!' Have you ever been to a breakfast buffet where they are making made to order omelets? Ever wonder how they get their egg mixture so smooth without the lumps of whites? I swear they must use something like this! I personally hate chunky whites in my scrambled eggs, but could never get them completely broken up. Now, it's not a problem. Plus, this whisk will do [blah, blah, blah]."

I know I have customer's buying this thing just for the egg whites!
My big selling point for the whisk is that all the batter or whatever falls right out when you tap it on the side of a bowl. If you are doing anything even remotely thicker you need to use this whisk instead of the others.

Cookie Press Cheese Cookie/Cracker Recipe?
Cindycooks said:
...I've had good luck with the Cookie Press - just had to find the right recipe - and I made 700 cheese butterflies and daisies for my daughters wedding reception last summer. They were beautiful!...

That sounds great! Can you post the recipe you used for the cheese butterflies and daisies? THANKS!

Also, I don't like the egg slicer or the vegetable peeler. I don't feel like either one of them are a good representation of the quality of PC products. And the vegetable peeler doesn't even have a nice, grip-py handle or anything. What's up with that???

However, I do like the food chopper, crinkle cutter (usually for cheese, veggies, or slicing eggs to "devil"), easy accent decorator (probably my absolute favorite!), microcookers, and all the stones!

Paige Dixon said:
I must be the only one who hates the Food Chopper. I've replaced that stupid thing more times! I think the longest one has lasted for me is about three months. I've had them break on the first use before! Of course, being the number one seller in our line, I have to love it to anyone else because I just might be out of business if I didn't!

You might not be the only one that doesn't like the chopper, I am not sure that I like the chopper too well either. I had a (Tupperware :eek: ) chopper and gave it to my Mom. I didn't think it cut very well, and it was harder to clean than a knife (I don't have a dishwasher). Also by the time I cut things up small enough to use in the chopper then I had already been cutting and had to clean a knife and the chopper.
Well, when I signed up the Pampered Chef, I thought I would give this one a try to see if I liked it better. It does cut better, but it is still more to wash and I can use a knife and cut things up small in about the same amount of time. I have only used it about 6 times so far, so I will give it more chances, but I am not a great big fan of it so far.

Tina

Last edited:
I have a lot of people that love the veggie peeler I also really like it. I also like the kitchen spritzer I have never had it clog on me, I have never bought the cans of pam.

I love my food chopper. I use it at least twice a day. I do have a dishwasher and put it in there but I really do think it is much faster than using a knife.

I also really love my egg slicer -- I have never used it for eggs but I used it every day to slice fruit such as bananas, strawberries, peaches. The pieces of fruit come out just the right size.:D

My spritzer has never clogged but I do have to pumped it pretty often to get it to spray instead of just squirt.:eek:

Paula Kelley
Independent Kitchen Consultant
Windsor, CA

Some people just prefer to chop, slice and dice with a knife. No big deal that you don't like the food chopper and the new Santoku Knife is a $70 product, so you go girl! Sell those knives!

Item I Love/HateI used to hate the silicone oven mit. I felt like I was going to burn my hand even with it on. But........I've found that it is great for brushing my dogs. It really grabs onto the loose hair, so instead of using a brush, we just use the oven mit. Keeps the hair off our hands too!!

suds pump and Kitchen Spritzer tips..
DebbieSAChef said:
I do not like:

The New SA stands - I loved the old style. I guess stainless steel type products are in but not in my kitchen. I love the black wrought iron look. These stands look goofy and I really do not like that design with the ball at the top.

I never liked the square mugs but I do love the new coffe and more cups. They are so cute and I love them!!

I love that the new cutting boards have silicone feet grips to hold them in place. I hated using that net to hold the boards in place. I could never find it.

Did not really like the stoneware heart molds from the round up from the heart campaign, but I love the new trivet.

I love the new drainer!!! I am lazy and hate to clean a whole colander after draining foods in the sink. This is going to be much easier!!

I think the silicone oven mitt will never sell! At least not for me. Yuck!!

I do not see the point to the mini whipper, I have spoons!

I can't wait to try the new decorator bottle set, and the new pastry blender.

I love the new design and packaging of the pantry items!!

I love the new design on the chef's tools that match our cookware!!

Hated the old carafe, love the new one!

And there's much more but that's enough rambling for me today. Ok well for now anyway!! :D
DEBBIE

My mom swears by both of these. I bought the Suds Pump before selling PC and of course I had to ask her how it worked, you only put a very little bit of liquid soap in the bottle and fill the rest with water. Not like cheap watered down soap either, it comes out like the new foam soaps, in hospitals, nice restaurants and the such.

The Kitchen Spritzer I had a difficult time with as well, until I asked her (Mom) again how to work it. You only put in liq to the fill line, then you have to pump it with the pumper then it sprays like an aerosol without aerosol.

Hope that makes sense?

Liz

PS: I'm the type who needs to view things being done in order to understand, you ought to see me try and figure out some recipes without any types of pics with them, but I do better seeing it done first :)

cookin'mom said:
I used to hate the silicone oven mit. I felt like I was going to burn my hand even with it on. But........I've found that it is great for brushing my dogs. It really grabs onto the loose hair, so instead of using a brush, we just use the oven mit. Keeps the hair off our hands too!!

I've got to try this one! But, I have a hard enough time keeping dog hair off my supplies without purposefully using a kitchen tool to attract more hair! Might be a nightmare in waiting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• britishchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Tracy99
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Amanda_RI
  • Hunter Mom