• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

In summary, the conversation is about making a recipe using pastry sheets, specifically puff pastry or phyllo dough. One person had trouble finding puffed pastry and ended up using phyllo dough instead. Another person recommended using puffed pastry and shared tips for making mini tarts. The conversation also includes recommendations for reading package instructions and allowing enough time for the pastry to thaw.
jrb0328
Has anyone made this??? I am testing the recipe tonight and waiting for my pastries to cool before cutting them. doesn't look like the picture!! is there a specific pastry sheet to use because when i went to the store they only had one kind of sheet

ANY and ALL help would be appreciated - Thanks

bumping - anyone? :)

did you buy puff pastry or phylo dough?

I made them at my shows for a month. They looked just like the pictures. There was only one type of pastry when I bought mine. Look at Kelly's question. The secret is having the pastry cool so it doesn't squish down.

phylo dough

that was the only thing there for me to get - i was thinking of trying it again in the AM but use the mini muffin pan and make cups with them - using 2 layers or something and then filling them with some of the mix and a strawberry

I believe
jrb0328 said:
phylo dough

you should have used puffed pastry if I am not mistaken

whats the difference? they did not have anything called puffed pastry, just the phylo so i assumed since it said pastry sheets, and thats what it called for, thats what i got. hmm :-/

well i did an old fashion Google search and learned something new tonight. I learned that puffed pastries and phyllo dough are COMPLETELY different! BUT had i used the correct pastry ,it would have been GREAT! I am still going to try to make mini "tarts" with the remainder of my ingredients and a few layers of the phyllo dough but i am going to butter the dough first lightly. feels good to learn new things lol, better to find out now then in the middle of a show!

I would ask at your store. Normally both the phylo dough and the puff pastry dough are close to each other in the frozen section. (By frozen pie crusts and Cool whip normally.) I don't know why they would carry one and not the other. Sorry it didn't turn out for you...and VERY glad it wasn't at a show!!

You can make the little mini crusts...either use the spritzer on the sheets, or butter lightly using the silicone pastry brush. Butter (and you can sprinkle a bit of sugar in between the layers too...) in between each layer. I would probably do 4-6 layers (the entire sheets) and then you can use a knife and cut them into squares and then use the tart shaper to "place" them into the holes. It should crinkle up around the edges. Bake till nicely golden brown.

Sounds like you figured it out, though! Hope your new recipe turns out yummy!

thank you so much Kelly for bearing with me! LOL

You definitely want the puffed pastry. This recipe very delicious and if you make it for a show make sure to read the back of the package and give enough time for it to thaw. LOL... I don't recommend thawing with a microwave at ALL though it is possible.. it's not a fun experience. LOLBTW, the first time I made it my host and her family agreed it tasted like 'grown up Fruit Loops' in funny sort of way I suppose. LOL... guess it's the combo of strawberry, orange zest and the sweet whipped topping... mmmm...

1. What ingredients are needed to make Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

To make Strawberry Amaretto Pastries, you will need puff pastry dough, sliced strawberries, amaretto liqueur, sugar, and an egg for egg wash.

2. How long does it take to prepare and bake Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

It takes about 15 minutes to prepare the pastries and 20-25 minutes to bake them in the oven.

3. Can I use a different type of fruit instead of strawberries?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit you like, such as blueberries, peaches, or raspberries. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar and amaretto accordingly.

4. Can I make these pastries ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the pastries ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. You can also freeze them for up to a month before baking.

5. Are there any variations to this recipe?

Yes, you can add a layer of cream cheese or almond paste on top of the puff pastry before adding the strawberries for an extra creamy and rich flavor. You can also skip the amaretto for a non-alcoholic version or substitute it with almond extract.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LakesideMom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LakesideMom
Replies
Views
Kristina21
  • rsmpta
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies