• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

HELP!!! Save me! :) Strawberry Amaretto Pastries

rsmpta

Mar 9, 2006
Okay I need a good class to stay active...didn't realize this happened....but have to order by the end of the month to stay on! :(

I have a class (thanks to a good friend) thursday night. And she said she wanted me to make the strawberry amaretto pastries! :eek: I have NEVER made this!

So i need all the advice and good luck i can get! :eek:

First can you use anythign else besides the puff pastry sheets! :confused: Last time i thought about trying to make it for myself i coudln't find them! :( We live in a mroe rural area and don't have any fancy grocery stores around.....ideas? Anything else that works!? I would really like to make this for her because they look like they would be pretty AND yummy.

Tips suggestions helpful selling points for this recipe! I need everythign i can get! She does have some outside orders, but doesn't think that there are going to be a LOT of people there! :(

Thanks so much! I appreciate all your help!

mrssyvo

Veteran Member
Sep 23, 2005
I found the puff pastry in the freezer section, near the frozen fruit. I think baked pie dough might work, if you roll it somewhat thick, but not sure

chef.katie

Mar 6, 2006
These are super easy to make. You can find the puff pastery in Stop and Shop. I would slice most of the strawberries ahead of time and then just demo two. I have made these several times and they are always a huge hit. I am just in my ss2 and made them at my second show! No problems. Good luck.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Puff Pastry Substitution

If you can't find Puff Pastry (here it is in the freezer section next to frozen desserts and Cool Whip), I would use Crescent Roll Dough - in fact, a few years ago we had Napoleons as the featured recipe on the cover of the SB, and those usually use Puff Pastry - but ours were done with Crescent Rolls (they are also cheaper) and everyone loved them! The only difference really would be bake them first and then cut them, and they would be a bit thinner than puff pastry.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Recipe for Napoleons.....

Here is the recipe for the napoleons from a few years back - just so you can see the technique for doing the crescent roll dough!

Cool Lime Napoleons

Featuring tender pastry squares topped with colorful fruit, the "Napoleon" is a classic technique you won't soon forget.

1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls

3 kiwi, peeled and sliced

1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained and patted dry

2 large limes

1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1/4 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped

Powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly sprinkle Stoneware Bar Pan with flour. Unroll crescent dough across length of pan; pinch seams to seal. Lightly sprinkle dough with flour. Using Baker’s Roller™, roll dough evenly to cover bottom of pan. Prick dough using pastry tool. Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes on Stackable Cooling Rack. Carefully remove pastry from pan to cooling rack; cool completely.

2. Transfer pastry to smooth side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Using Pizza Cutter, cut pastry crosswise into six rows and lengthwise into four rows to make twenty-four 2 1/2-inch squares. Slice kiwi using Egg Slicer Plus®. Place one kiwi slice and one orange segment onto each pastry square using Bamboo Tongs.

3. Using Lemon Zester/Scorer, zest one lime to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Finely snip zest using Kitchen Shears. Juice limes using Juicer to measure 2 tablespoons juice. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine whipped topping, powdered sugar, lime zest and juice; mix until smooth and slightly thickened using Classic Scraper. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; completely fill with lime mixture. Pipe a 1 1/2-inch rosette onto center of each pastry square, refilling decorator as needed.

4. Finely chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle over rosettes. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Place one pastry square on top of another using Mini-Serving Spatula, pressing down lightly. Repeat with remaining pastry squares. Place on Simple Additions™ Large Platter; serve immediately.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving (1 Napoleon): Calories 190, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 22 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 150 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook’s Tips: The pastry squares can be served as 24 single dessert canapés, if desired.

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
Do you have your Celebrations folder? I believe these are the featured recipe. It will give you step-by-step instructions on making the pastries as well as cross-selling ideas and tips. If in doubt refer back to the material the company gives us.

rsmpta

Mar 9, 2006
Thanks everyone! She is giving me the last of her orders tomorrow...but i think we are going to make it!! Also she found the pastry dough at Albertson's....so we had a good result!!