• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strawberry Amaretto Pastries -- Advice Needed

J
Joyful
I'm hosting my Grand Opening tomorrow and I'm planning to make the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries recipe that came in my kit. They are yummy but very messy. Any advice on how to serve them? I don't mind getting my fingers gooey but I don't really want my guests to have to eat them that way.

Should they be finger food? Knife & fork?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Joy Timmons
Castaic, CA

I made them in advance & cut them in halh, they were so much easier to eat. If you are going to demo them, I would say they tend to be messy, so I am going to cut them up for you....HTH:D

I always make the puff pastry in advance at home and bring them to the show done, I explain how to make the pastry showing the tools I used. I then demo the filling. Then I show the guests how to put them together and they come up and fix their own. Eat with a fork and enjoy.:D

I made them last year for an open house and just pressed down on the top to make them stick together a little better and not fall apart so easily. Then I used the mini serving spatula to serve them. It wasn't too bad, though you should probably make sure you have a good stock of napkins available just in case.

Just make them bite-size so guests can eat them with their fingers in one bite!

What is the recipe for Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

The recipe for Strawberry Amaretto Pastries typically includes ingredients such as puff pastry, fresh strawberries, amaretto liqueur, and sugar. It may also include other flavorings or toppings depending on the specific recipe.

How do I serve Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

There are a few ways to serve Strawberry Amaretto Pastries. One option is to serve them as finger food, allowing guests to pick them up and eat them with their hands. Another option is to serve them with a knife and fork, especially if the pastries are particularly messy or if you want to add a touch of elegance to your event.

How can I prevent the pastries from being too messy?

To prevent the pastries from being too messy, you can try dusting them with powdered sugar before serving. This will help absorb some of the moisture from the strawberries and amaretto, making them less gooey. Another option is to serve the pastries on individual plates or napkins to catch any drips or crumbs.

Can I make the pastries ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the pastries ahead of time. However, it is best to assemble and bake them the day of your event for the freshest and best-tasting pastries. If you need to make them ahead of time, you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 days or in the freezer for up to a month. Just make sure to thaw them before serving.

Are there any variations to the recipe I should consider?

While the classic Strawberry Amaretto Pastries recipe is delicious, there are a few variations you could consider. For a more decadent treat, you could add a layer of chocolate or cream cheese filling before adding the strawberries. You could also experiment with different types of fruit or liqueurs, such as peach and bourbon or raspberry and Chambord.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LakesideMom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LakesideMom
Replies
Views
Kristina21
  • gussey30
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies